What Movie Are You Watching?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Chasing Bubbles, a documentary on YouTube about a young man who decided to sail around the world, and had no idea what he was doing. This is awesome, it just popped in my feed because I’m watching so many boating vids lately. 5 stars, there’s a lot going on here.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
⬆️ Boater who has no idea what he’s doing? Sounds familiar. I think I saw that one last year.

ap_20250573125462-904dc3fa19b2a2e43dbb25aab257f8e7cf1d4669.jpg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Tonight I will be watching The Tomorrow War on Prime. Been looking forward to its release since the first trailer.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Shooter (2007)- A thriller that is thrilling. A US Army sniper reported to be the best is enlisted to prevent the anticipated assassination attempt on the President but nothing is as it seems. That’s the top of the rollercoaster. After this, I’ll try the series.

25C87C96-4D3B-4072-A626-B6C2B92AE028.jpeg
Tonight I will be watching The Tomorrow War on Prime. Been looking forward to its release since the first trailer.
Report requested.

Last edited:

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Finished the last two of the Harry Potter series. I still love watching Neville and Mrs Weasley finally kick ass!

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
My husband and I actually saw all the movies in the theater. Enjoyed every one of them.
This was my youngest sons third or fourth run through the series, he just stayed up later than me to finish.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
No_Sudden_Move_poster.jpg

"No Sudden Move" (HBOMax) is billed as a heist movie, and that's true. However that doesn't begin to describe it. There is a MacGuffin that all the characters are after, but look at the movie's tag line: "Trust is a setup." That describes better what drives the film: trust. Or rather, lack of same.

Great cast, including Don Cheadle (geez, he's looking old...was "Ocean's Eleven" that long ago?), Brendan Fraser, David Harbour, Jon Hamm, Ray Liotta and...well, a surprise.

This is a Steven Soderbergh film, and one of the things I like about his movies (of the ones I've seen) is that they always tell great stories. Intelligent stories. This one is grounded in both real life societal problems and historical-scientific developments. They are not the plot, but they do inform the bloodshed and the twists and turns that follow.

Definitely recommended.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
"No Sudden Move" (HBOMax) is billed as a heist movie, and that's true. However that doesn't begin to describe it. There is a MacGuffin that all the characters are after, but look at the movie's tag line: "Trust is a setup." That describes better what drives the film: trust. Or rather, lack of same.

Great cast, including Don Cheadle (geez, he's looking old...was "Ocean's Eleven" that long ago?), Brendan Fraser, David Harbour, Jon Hamm, Ray Liotta and...well, a surprise.

This is a Steven Soderbergh film, and one of the things I like about his movies (of the ones I've seen) is that they always tell great stories. Intelligent stories. This one is grounded in both real life societal problems and historical-scientific developments. They are not the plot, but they do inform the bloodshed and the twists and turns that follow.

Definitely recommended.

Soderbergh + Cast == Must Watch

This is high in our queue :)

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
You gotta let me know what you think about that surprise I mentioned. You'll know it when you see it. 😉

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The Tomorrow War

It was pretty OK, Pratt was serviceable in a pretty generic role, supporting cast was fine (do love some JKS), some fun action, a few well done tense moments. A bit long for the material, it's like 2:20, the basic premise (which makes little sense) you kind of just have to accept (I don't deep dive into time travel concepts too much with this sort of movie).

If you like action Sci-Fi, and have Prime, it's worth a watch if your current queue is empty.

If you want a palate cleanser, follow up with the spectacular Live. Die. Repeat. (aka, Edge of Tomorrow, based on All You Need is Kill). It's some of the same: alien invasion, time travel, someone forced into combat, but everything else is different in all the best possible ways :D

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Tomorrow War

It was pretty OK, Pratt was serviceable in a pretty generic role, supporting cast was fine (do love some JKS), some fun action, a few well done tense moments. A bit long for the material, it's like 2:20, the basic premise (which makes little sense) you kind of just have to accept (I don't deep dive into time travel concepts too much with this sort of movie).

If you like action Sci-Fi, and have Prime, it's worth a watch if your current queue is empty.

If you want a palate cleanser, follow up with the spectacular Live. Die. Repeat. (aka, Edge of Tomorrow, based on All You Need is Kill). It's some of the same: alien invasion, time travel, someone forced into combat, but everything else is different in all the best possible ways :D
D0262955-1037-44C0-9887-F9A49AE974DF.jpeg

There’s a lot of reasons I disliked Tomorrow War:
  • Action was stupid, unrealistic (Opinion) ;)
  • I like Chris Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy), but his brand of humorous quips seems out of place in this story, Sure that is his brand, but he did not do that in Jurassic World. :)
Other SPOILERS:
  • The usual time travel paradox, if you solve the problem in modern times, why would they have a reason to come back from the future to warn you? This would have to be a loop or split time line, I guess. :)
  • Who needs training? Conscripts are sent forward in time to fight aliens with zero training, literally swept out of their ordinary lives into a fire fight... with monsters, to become their kibble, as if they could function at all.
  • Who needs knowledge of alien anatomy? You don’t need to know to know the weak spots on the monsters, just empty your clips to no avail. Oh, it’s the guy on his third tour that finally tells them that after a ton of ammo is wasted pinging off the creatures plating.
  • They throw ropes to corral female creature into a cage. Ropes on a powerful creature that can simply pull you in and bite your head off? :oops:
  • Plot point: If future daughter figures out the toxin that will kill the aliens, Chris Pratt is supposed to take it back, then says I’m coming back to save you to future daughter. Why? If he has the magic serum, then they could make it in the modern time (not future) and win the war early.
  • Plot point: Apparantly Chris Pratt‘s character is not that smart. He goes back to present day, he says, mass produce this and we can send it to the future. He is told the jump gate broke we can’t go back, it’s over. So what? He has the magic serum.They can produce it and use it when the aliens first appear. It’s his wife that tells him that. :)

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
  • The usual time travel paradox, if you solve the problem in modern times, why would they have a reason to come back from the future to warn you? This would have to be a loop or split time line, I guess. :)

It's exactly that, divergent timelines, the future with the destruction of mankind is a __different__ future than the "present" where the movie starts.

• Who needs knowledge of alien anatomy? You don’t need to know to know the weak spots on the monsters, just empty your clips to no avail. Oh, it’s the guy on his third tour that finally tells them that after a ton of ammo is wasted pinging off the creatures plating.

The DI actually explains this during their "training", before the jump:

1625576490293.png

• Plot point: If future daughter figures out the toxin that will kill the aliens, Chris Pratt is supposed to take it back, then says I’m coming back to save you to future daughter. Why? If he has the magic serum, then they could make it in the modern time (not future) and win the war early.

His timeline, vs. her timeline.

• Plot point: Apparantly Chris Pratt‘s character is not that smart. He goes back to present day, he says, mass produce this and we can send it to the future. He is told the jump gate broke we can’t go back, it’s over. So what? He has the magic serum.They can produce it and use it when the aliens first appear. It’s his wife that tells him that. :)

See above, two different timelines.

Top Bottom
1 2