What Movie Are You Watching?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Watched most of Best of Enemies last night on Netflix which tells the story of the fight over school integration in a town in the south in the early 70’s. I was born in the early 70’s. I’m sorry, but anything that extreme that happened in my lifetime we can’t now say “Yeah, that shit is all fixed now.” As another point of reference the 9/11 attacks happened almost 20 years ago. Can anybody say our relationship with Muslims is much improved now or anywhere near?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Black Widow.

I didn't hate it. I did enjoy it. I wanted a little more.

BUT I spent so much time wondering IF they had done this MUCH sooner. It kind of hung over my entire time watching of it. I hope they learn from this.

If I had to short explain it... If Captain America: Winter Soldier was a Marvel spy film, then Black Widow is a Marvel Jason Bourne film.

I'd go into it more, after more people see it.

Yes. There is an end scene that confirms things, and does set things up for the future. It also confirms anything you heard from about Falcon & the Winter Soldier. Those of you in the MCU discussions will understand why I said that badly.

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
re: Black Widow

Thinking about buying it, inviting a friend over, he can bring the food (and/or cook, he's a chef), maybe have a slumber party, after the movie we can do each other's hair, dish on the hunky new exchange student ...

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My girlfriend had never seen Ocean's 11, so we watched that last night.

I LOVE those films, even the sort of eye-rolling-meta-meta of Ocean's 12. If she liked it, you've got 2 more to watch (or 3 more with the Ocean's 10 quasi-rebooquel ...)

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
re: Black Widow

Thinking about buying it, inviting a friend over, he can bring the food (and/or cook, he's a chef), maybe have a slumber party, after the movie we can do each other's hair, dish on the hunky new exchange student ...
I did buy it early.

So it was available this morning. Supposedly everyone on my account can watch it. So the rest of the friends & fam can watch it where they are at. I think that's kind of cool.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I did buy it early.

So it was available this morning. Supposedly everyone on my account can watch it. So the rest of the friends & fam can watch it where they are at. I think that's kind of cool.

Nice! Yeah, I didn't even realize it's not a "rental" with limited time/watches, it's yours for good (I mean, as good as any digital media is owned ...) I saw the D+ free release is October, so it's not all that far away, but I do love my Marvel stuff and like to stay up-to-date.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I LOVE those films, even the sort of eye-rolling-meta-meta of Ocean's 12. If she liked it, you've got 2 more to watch (or 3 more with the Ocean's 10 quasi-rebooquel ...)

I'm a sucker for a good heist movie. Sounds like she's on board. So we might try 12 and see how that goes for her.

I've not seen Ocean's 8? Is it any good? Does it live up to the last batch?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Nice! Yeah, I didn't even realize it's not a "rental" with limited time/watches, it's yours for good (I mean, as good as any digital media is owned ...) I saw the D+ free release is October, so it's not all that far away, but I do love my Marvel stuff and like to stay up-to-date.
Better NOT to wait if you're a fan.

It's trending on Twitter because of a reveal, that has some fanBOYS in tears.

If you want to avoid spoilers, being able to watch when you want is nice.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
37DF62DE-0062-47CE-A7C7-942F183F191D.jpeg

The Game (1997)- watched on Netflix. Michael Douglas. This is a clever movie. A wealthy investment banker accepts a gift from his brother, an invite to play a “life altering game”, which is offered by Consumer Recreation Services. The experience is more than he bargains for. :)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Caddyshack (1980)- A favorite comedy, within their realm, great performances by Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Ted Knight, and Rodney Dangerfield in his prime.

CB55B630-5744-47B0-9922-0D7AE54F01E4.jpeg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Vast of Night (2020)- Seen on Prime Video. Described as a noirish sci-fi mystery set in a small town in the 1950s New Mexico. It’s atmospheric, competently crafted, but I really disliked the stylized film quality as if you were watching an old film, and it starts out on a 1950s style TV with a Rod Serling voice introducing an episode of Paradox Theater. I almost drifted off halfway through because atmosphere can only take you so far…A plus it was only 90 min. :sleep:

Based vaguely on some real UFO related incidents.

25231886-E0D6-463D-98A5-308A3188A33A.jpeg

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Nobody (2021) Rated R, Action/Mystery & thriller, 1h 32m

It's just insanely fun, over-the-top action (while also being nice grounded ...), superb soundtrack - if you're a fan of Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul, John Wick, Atomic Blonde (though this film has much more of a sense of humor vs. the two aforementioned).

Actually rented it on disc!

*GASP*

Had a bunch of Redbox promos, a buck for a BD rental, OK, sure. Though we discovered our super-local box at Pubs is gone (didn't know that before I rented), bummer as that was a terrifically convenient return location that we usually coordinated with an actual grocery trip.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I knew this day would come, a second watching of the series:
Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone (2001)- Philosopher’s Stone in UK. Magical from the start. Music, visuals, and direction really compliment this story. My first exposure was this book I borrowed from an English friend’s son. :)

C2590D03-3CE7-4F6E-A8F8-CCB7EC10C4F4.jpeg
Nobody (2021) Rated R, Action/Mystery & thriller, 1h 32m

It's just insanely fun, over-the-top action (while also being nice grounded ...), superb soundtrack - if you're a fan of Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul, John Wick, Atomic Blonde (though this film has much more of a sense of humor vs. the two aforementioned).

Actually rented it on disc!

*GASP*

Had a bunch of Redbox promos, a buck for a BD rental, OK, sure. Though we discovered our super-local box at Pubs is gone (didn't know that before I rented), bummer as that was a terrifically convenient return location that we usually coordinated with an actual grocery trip.
Based on this score, will give it a try: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/nobody_2021

Last edited:

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Hm. IMDB links don't seem to work.

Dark Waters. Based on a true story. Great cast, disturbing to say the least.

Top Bottom
1 2