What Movie Are You Watching?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thirteen Ghosts (1960)- Mediocre now, but it’s nostalgic and interesting what was scary in the 1960s. I saw this in the theater where they gave you ghost viewer glasses to see the ghosts and suggested you take them home and try them late at night. :)

D07C1744-3710-4FEA-BF85-9E88FBC09071.jpeg

Last edited:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
“Escape Room” (FXM). Cross a typical real life escape room with the maze from “Cube”, and you’ve pretty much got this movie, right down to the smart girl who figures out the clues.

Nicely intense. It’s not terribly original—these kinds of films are all variations on a theme—but then so are heist flicks, and I enjoy quite a few of those. B+

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We did the original Carpenter Halloween (1978), followed immediately by the Rob Zombie Halloween (2007) for fun and a comparison.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
“Escape Room” (FXM). Cross a typical real life escape room with the maze from “Cube”, and you’ve pretty much got this movie, right down to the smart girl who figures out the clues.

Nicely intense. It’s not terribly original—these kinds of films are all variations on a theme—but then so are heist flicks, and I enjoy quite a few of those. B+

I watched this after reading your description and think you’re spot on with that post. Thanks much for mentioning it!

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
At this point in time the speed of his releases leaves a lot to be desired, he should finally get the books out!

George R. R. Martin and Harlan Ellison are/were two authors who frustrated the living hell out of publishers. Ellison was more prolific, but he too took forever on some of his announced projects. He died with his story introductions to "The Last Dangerous Visions" still not completed. The previous volume was published in 1972.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Bill and Ted Face the Music

I liked the original movie when it first came out. This was the 2nd sequel nobody was asking for, and it delivered upon those expectations. What can I say, I was bored.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Bill and Ted Face the Music

I liked the original movie when it first came out. This was the 2nd sequel nobody was asking for, and it delivered upon those expectations. What can I say, I was bored.
It was watchable, except the daughters were bad, even knowing they were trying to emulate the young original Bill and Ted.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
George R. R. Martin and Harlan Ellison are/were two authors who frustrated the living hell out of publishers. Ellison was more prolific, but he too took forever on some of his announced projects. He died with his story introductions to "The Last Dangerous Visions" still not completed. The previous volume was published in 1972.

I cannot help but fear that Martin will suffer the fate of Robert Jordan and someone else will have to finish the story after their passing.

U

User.45

Yep, we are on deck.

James Gandolfini's son playing him as the young Tony Soprano is kind of mind blowing. I mean, holy shit:

View attachment 8508

Vera Farmiga as Livia Soprano, Corey Stoll as Junior Soprano, also starring Jon Bernthal, Ray Liotta, Leslie Odom Jr.

Yes please.
This was really good. I enjoyed it a lot. I think it's way more enjoyable if you watched Sopranos, but it makes a lot of sense. The big innovation of Sopranos was bringing the psychological profile and group dynamics of these mobsters into spotlight. They make a really good job doing so (though it's a little too clean for reality). I found the Elavil (amitriptyline) part really interesting as it's a drug I used to prescribed a lot in a past life. The Elavil pamphlet features a really clean looking skinny housewife. One of the side effects of the drug is increased appetite and weight gain.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Trial of the Chicago 7 on Netflix. I liked it, while aware of Sorkin’s flaws. I didn’t notice characters repeating dialogue back and forth which is an improvement. They must have edited that stuff out😁.

Many years ago, HBO produced a version of this story in play form, which I watched over and over.

I decided to watch that on Netflix the other night. Still get a strange feeling when watching movies about times I have lived through. It's sometimes like tuning in to the evening news by mistake. Anyway, good screenwriting and I really loved that two of my favorite actors were in it - Mark Rylance as Bill Kunstler and Frank Langella as Judge Julius Hoffman.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That’s one of the few movies I’ve seen advertised that appeals to me. Doesn’t look like the usual slasher movie. Did you see it at the theater?
yes I go once a week. not a slasher at all. some good surprises. I try not to see too much about movies before I go.

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
In the Line of Fire turned up on HBO Max. I remember liking that when I first saw it, so I'm giving it a rewatch. I don't remember a thing about it past the fact that Eastwood was in it and played a Secret Service agent. So it's almost like going to a movie because "someone else" recommended it. 😊

Top Bottom
1 2