Will this be the year Republican voters come to grips with their own party?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I shudder to think what the Biden-Harris team will have to do in order just to understand the ground they inherit from the Trump government and the most reckless presidency we've ever tolerated in our history,
We’ll have to count on the folks doing the real work in each department. They will be called in to do all the briefings once the swamp drains itself at last.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
This is pretty hilarious unless you work for Trump, in which case you just found out for sure that loyalty is a one way street. His 30-year-old chief of personnel is contemplating asking almost all of the President's political appointees to submit a provisional letter of resignation by two days before the election.

The usual approach for a second term, when assured there will be one, is to ask for letters as desired during the runup to a second inauguration.

“None of the Republican administrations have done that before,” said a former official who has worked in the personnel office in past GOP administrations. A former senior Obama White House PPO official also said that the office did not ask for letters of resignation from all political appointees back in 2012, and slammed the potential move as “incredible.”

If Trump loses, it’s unclear if any of the resignation letters would be accepted or if appointees would be allowed to leave the administration on their own terms. But administration officials expect a mad scramble to find post-Trump employment, raising the prospect of an already hollowed out federal government emptying further in its final months.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
This is pretty hilarious unless you work for Trump, in which case you just found out for sure that loyalty is a one way street. His 30-year-old chief of personnel is contemplating asking almost all of the President's political appointees to submit a provisional letter of resignation by two days before the election.

The usual approach for a second term, when assured there will be one, is to ask for letters as desired during the runup to a second inauguration.

Seriously, "going forward" to use one of those awful constellations of corporate weasel words (my mother used to describe the term "at this point in time" - an expression she detested - as as an example of self-important, pompous (male) speech, invariably adding "what's wrong with using 'now' instead"?), but, anyway, "going forward", or, in the near, or far, or indeterminate, future, does anyone really, seriously, truly, think that having served in this administration, or having that on your CV, or resumé, is something that will look good, or accrue to their advantage, or render them somehow even more employable, at anytime in the future?

lizkat

Reaction score
Early voting starts tomorrow in Kentucky. Tonight Mitch McConnell and Dem challenger Amy McGrath debated on live TV from Lexington in a studio, socially distanced about 20 feet from each other and the moderator.

Mitch practically created a last minute ad for Amy, several times asserting "She says she's a Marine and a mom and that I've been in Washington too long." (Sounds good to me, too bad I can't vote for her.)

McConnell spent a lot of time telling voters of Kentucky that they need him to remain the Senate's Majority Leader. He ended up sounding like he's only in it for the power trip in DC... kept talking about how if you vote for McGrath you hand Kentucky's extra clout that he has as majority leader over to Chuck Schumer in NYC.

McGrath focused on a lot of stuff that McConnell's never gotten around to back in his constituency, and countered that what Kentucky really needs is a Senator for Kentucky.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Early voting starts tomorrow in Kentucky. Tonight Mitch McConnell and Dem challenger Amy McGrath debated on live TV from Lexington in a studio, socially distanced about 20 feet from each other and the moderator.

Mitch practically created a last minute ad for Amy, several times asserting "She says she's a Marine and a mom and that I've been in Washington too long." (Sounds good to me, too bad I can't vote for her.)

McConnell spent a lot of time telling voters of Kentucky that they need him to remain the Senate's Majority Leader. He ended up sounding like he's only in it for the power trip in DC... kept talking about how if you vote for McGrath you hand Kentucky's extra clout that he has as majority leader over to Chuck Schumer in NYC.

McGrath focused on a lot of stuff that McConnell's never gotten around to back in his constituency, and countered that what Kentucky really needs is a Senator for Kentucky.

I fucking despise #MoscowMitch more than probably any other Republican in politics. And that says a lot, considering the rich assortment of assholes of every flavor on the roster.

lizkat

Reaction score
I fucking despise #MoscowMitch more than probably any other Republican in politics. And that says a lot, considering the rich assortment of assholes of every flavor on the roster.

He's left a whole lot of needed legislation, and some of it even pretty bipartisan, sitting on his podium there in the Senate, just refusing to bring it to the floor. A really despicable "leader" of his chamber.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
He's usually at the top of my list too but Lindsey Graham has moved into that spot for me. I disagreed with John McCain on most positions but he at least stuck to them, Lindsey showed such blatant and open hypocrisy with this SCOTUS in an election year debacle that I can't even look at him without yelling at the TV. Next to Trump he's the king asshole.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
He's usually at the top of my list too but Lindsey Graham has moved into that spot for me. I disagreed with John McCain on most positions but he at least stuck to them, Lindsey showed such blatant and open hypocrisy with this SCOTUS in an election year debacle that I can't even look at him without yelling at the TV. Next to Trump he's the king asshole.
Not sure “hypocrisy“ is a strong enough word. He’s obviously compromised somehow, IMO. Someone has his balls in their hand and squeezes as needed. He strikes me as a suicide risk.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Not sure “hypocrisy“ is a strong enough word. He’s obviously compromised somehow, IMO. Someone has his balls in their hand and squeezes as needed. He strikes me as a suicide risk.
I think it's just who he is, a slimy snake oil salesman would sell his own mother if it meant getting one up on the libs, selling out all of his personal principles. To me this is the worst kind of person no matter what party they're in.

Top Bottom
1 2