WTF, Tennessee?!

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Of course, this is all designed to ban the trans community. I hope this devious cruelty dies soon.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Of course, this is all designed to ban the trans community. I hope this devious cruelty dies soon.
These people (the GOP) are approaching their end game, hard core reaching for the brass ring, which will include things like border crossing check points for mandatory pregnancy checks and ejecting any one from representative positions who defy the majority. My understanding is last people who were removed from Representative positions were for breaking the law, not for speaking out and protesting a decision. :mad:

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Nope, just kids attending drag shows. Not sure why people want kids to attend these things.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Nope, just kids attending drag shows. Not sure why people want kids to attend these things.

Well, it is entertainment. Who, really, are you to judge whether a young person might be entertained by a performance? Perhaps they might not even get why some people are squicked by it, so chances are it is entirely harmless.

More importantly, a "child" is someone under 18. You remember being a teenager? HS-age kids might be "harmed" by being exposed to a drag show? Come on, man, GMAFB.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Well, it is entertainment. Who, really, are you to judge whether a young person might be entertained by a performance? Perhaps they might not even get why some people are squicked by it, so chances are it is entirely harmless.

More importantly, a "child" is someone under 18. You remember being a teenager? HS-age kids might be "harmed" by being exposed to a drag show? Come on, man, GMAFB.

It's not about being entertained. But I am also talking about actual children, not someone who can sneak into an "R" rated movie.

What you think is happening:

1681043851726.png

What is also happening:
1681043763794.png

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It's not about being entertained. But I am also talking about actual children, not someone who can sneak into an "R" rated movie.

What you think is happening:

View attachment 22889

What is also happening:

Would love to see you guys give the child victims of mass shootings the same attention.

merlin_90456509_b7c76704-ce32-4463-bf4a-5e926a99d342-superJumbo.jpg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
That is horrible. Beyond the pale.

But the person that did that has a severe mental disorder and may very well have done something similar had a gun not been available.

But almost every time something like this happens, the phrase "was known to law enforcement" seems to come out. We simply do nothing at that point but sit and wait for them to go sideways. That has to stop as well.

I think we do need to toughen up our gun laws. But I also think we need stricter enforcement of the ones we already have.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
That is horrible. Beyond the pale.

But the person that did that has a severe mental disorder and may very well have done something similar had a gun not been available.

But almost every time something like this happens, the phrase "was known to law enforcement" seems to come out. We simply do nothing at that point but sit and wait for them to go sideways. That has to stop as well.

I think we do need to toughen up our gun laws. But I also think we need stricter enforcement of the ones we already have.
What would it take to get Republicans to address mental health then? Seriously, help us to help you address the very issue you hedge this on.

205 Republicans Vote Against Bill to Expand School Mental Health Services​

Republicans have spent months scapegoating mental health issues as a catch-all for problems like mass shootings.

Yoused

up
Reaction score

So, children should never, ever be exposed to weird people? They should not be allowed to learn about weirdness until they are out of school? They are fragile creatures that must be diligently protected from everything that might be naughty?

Seriously, the sooner they learn stuff – and get a chance to discuss with adults what they have learned – the better equipped they will be to deal with it in the wild. There is just way too damn much oh, but we must protect the children.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
But almost every time something like this happens, the phrase "was known to law enforcement" seems to come out.

I'm a little suspicious of that assessment. Would love to see some data supporting that.

That said, I think meaningful background checks (other than for arrests, for sales by licensed dealers) don't exist. They could be put in place if there was the will to do so.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The people doing the shooting are fine, normal, upstanding citizens until the moment they pull the trigger.

It’s not just kids attending drag shows. They are banning drag. Outright. Period. They must hate Tyler Perry’s Media. You must not find him funny either. All that is, is drag. Drag is one of the oldest forms of entertainment in the world.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The people doing the shooting are fine, normal, upstanding citizens until the moment they pull the trigger.

It’s not just kids attending drag shows. They are banning drag. Outright. Period. They must hate Tyler Perry’s Media. You must not find him funny either. All that is, is drag. Drag is one of the oldest forms of entertainment in the world.

I don't care about drag shows. Jujst don't understand the fascination of wanting children to go to them.

And, having drag queens read books in a library isn't the main issue. It is when kids go to adult, sexually oriented drag shows meant for adults. We don't allow kids into strip clubs, why should they see similar things under the guise of it being a drag show.

As for gun violence, why is no one looking at Hollywood? Can't show smoking on TV or in movies because it might influence young people. But unrealistic gun violence is perfectly fine.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't care about drag shows. Jujst don't understand the fascination of wanting children to go to them.

And, having drag queens read books in a library isn't the main issue. It is when kids go to adult, sexually oriented drag shows meant for adults. We don't allow kids into strip clubs, why should they see similar things under the guise of it being a drag show.
except its not really an issue audits not happening all the time like right wing media is trying to portray it. Plus the parents can chose what their kids see. its a big nothing burger just like CRT in grade schools. https://reason.com/2022/12/29/the-fight-over-kids-at-drag-shows-is-a-classic-moral-panic/

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

As for gun violence, why is no one looking at Hollywood? Can't show smoking on TV or in movies because it might influence young people. But unrealistic gun violence is perfectly fine.
Video games, hollywood, anything EXCEPT for the actual weapons of mass death that are so freely protected and given to all of these people you decry so much.

A man dressed as a woman reading books to our children should not be more offensive than seeing them sprayed with bullets, but it should to any normal human being. It's just sad that such little value is placed on their lives.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
A man dressed as a woman reading books to our children should not be more offensive than seeing them sprayed with bullets, but it should to any normal human being. It's just sad that such little value is placed on their lives.

It isn't that simple. It isn't about drag queen story hour, but kids are attending sexually explicit drag shows. I understand showing pics of storytime and saying "see this isn't bad", but what about this: (Warning: NSFW - but you do have to opt in to view it)

This is not A man dressed as a woman reading books to our children:
1681062895519.png
1681063021779.png

Remember, there were no sexually explicit books in school libraries according to most posters here. Until I posted a picture that was so bad I got a warning and had to apologize to @rdrr.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It isn't that simple. It isn't about drag queen story hour, but kids are attending sexually explicit drag shows. I understand showing pics of storytime and saying "see this isn't bad", but what about this: (Warning: NSFW - but you do have to opt in to view it)

This is not A man dressed as a woman reading books to our children:

Remember, there were no sexually explicit books in school libraries according to most posters here. Until I posted a picture that was so bad I got a warning and had to apologize to @rdrr.
But 99.9% are not doing this, congratulations to you (and Fox News) for digging this shit up to make your faux outrage. Also, this "yeah kids are being murdered by guns but look at these trans people" is insulting. I don't see how any parent, such as yourself, could ever turn a blind eye to this violence, if one of our children were murdered so horribly I'm betting you would change your tune.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
Is he molesting her? Does it look like he is causing her harm or distress? What exactly are you seeing here that is troubling?
These look like teeagers. If you think teenagers need special protection because, whatever, I am having an issue with that position. Do you want to also eliminate sex-ed?

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
IMO, protecting children is mostly a pretext for putting more restrictions on LGBTQ people. I haven't seen any evidence of sexually explicit shows in public or private spaces where viewing by younger children (older kids will usually see what they want regardless) can't be prevented by the people responsible for their care.

There are always exceptions, but the notion that drag shows are harming children to the extent that legislation is needed is absurd, especially compared to the problem of kids being maimed and killed by guns, about which nothing is being done.

And what about parents who object to, say, gay or lesbian couples kissing in public? Does that come next?

Top Bottom
1 2