WWDC 2022: What was Announced

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Wondering if we have to use a Mac display for this, or can I use it with my 3rd party monitor?
Just the Mac, so it can work with headless machines (that might not be using an Apple display)

theorist9

Site Champ
Reaction score
Skeptical about PassKey. I find KeyChain sometimes fails—websites won't recognize the password. Thus even though my passwords are saved in KeyChain, I also always save them manually in a document on my the encrypted drive on my Mac. When KeyChain fails, I look up the password in that doc, and enter it manually.

The problem would seem to be that, when PassKey fails, since it doesn't use passwords, you won't have a password to look up and enter manually.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Skeptical about PassKey. I find KeyChain sometimes fails—websites won't recognize the password. Thus even though my passwords are saved in KeyChain, I also always save them manually in a document on my the encrypted drive on my Mac. When KeyChain fails, I look up the password in that doc, and enter it manually.

The problem would seem to be that, when PassKey fails, since it doesn't use passwords, you won't have a password to look up and enter manually.
That could definitely be a problem.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Stage manager on iPad!! :oops:

I get the beta for my iPad Pro after all.

iPad display scaling!

Virtual memory swap! (I called it!)

That's going to be a big deal for anyone who didn't get the 12.9 iPad Pro, which had the memory. Which was great for Procreate users

:cool:

External display. FUCK YEAH!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
No multiuser in iPadOS … I’m filled with sadness …

theorist9

Site Champ
Reaction score
I wonder how Stage Manger will work with Split View. Will it push the Split View to the right so you can see the Stage Manager "side bar", or will it obscure it? Would be nice to have the option to move the Stage Manager side bar to another display.

Top Bottom
1 2