2021 Olympics

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
So I apologized and you simply say Fuck you! Wow. I think this is exactly what others were saying about you in the other thread.
I did warn you after your very first anti-trans post. You’re free to speak your mind, but since you are attacking the transgender members of this forum simply for being transgender, don’t cry when they tell you to F off.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I did warn you after your very first anti-trans post. You’re free to speak your mind, but since you are attacking the transgender members of this forum simply for being transgender, don’t cry when they tell you to F off.

You did. And I could have deleted my post. But instead I put on my big boy pants and apologized. It seems everyone else here was adult enough to accept it.

B S Magnet

Site Champ
Reaction score
Actually knew what that was. And also know that Hubbard has not had it.

You can say what you want, but when the average testosterone level for an adult female is .61 - 2.98 nmol/L (1) and Hubbard must be under 10 nmol/L, that is not a level playing field. Especially in weightlifting.

And you know what, I may be wrong. But I don't think the 62% of people who think people should play on teams that match their birth gender (2) are going to be impressed seeing Hubbard on TV. That number may in fact rise.

I have seen first hand how this happens as kids age. One swim team had an annual meet where boys and girls were combined in a heat by time, but scored separately. Under 10 the girls would usually win, probably because they had better body control. But once the boys started hitting puberty, they left the girls in the dust.

I am not against trans people competing, I just am not convinced it is fair to the biological girls.

(1) https://account.allinahealth.org/library/content/49/150064

(2) https://news.gallup.com/poll/350174/mixed-views-among-americans-transgender-issues.aspx

I said this to you on the PRSI thread, and I will say so once more here:

Every time you throw around unscientific language like “biological x” and then continue to do so even after you get steered toward peer-reviewed references and other juried papers (which not only dispel myths on the endocrinology of trans bodies, but also discourage language like “biological x”), this is telling me you actually don’t want to learn a damn thing about trans bodies or trans lives, but you sure do want to make a lotta hot takes and hay about our bodies and lives anyway — as if you walk on moral-ethical high ground as some god fearin’, red-blooded cishet American with a giant truck.

You don’t.

And so, I watch you as you find new, contorted ways to rationalize your badly-veiled contempt for trans people who actually are able to do things on our own terms! That makes you not only a killjoy, but also (wincing at myself for using a word I virtually speak for anyone, ever), a basic bigot. You should want to be a better person than that.

At least, I sure would.

Lauren Hubbard (for once, just once, try — try — to eat your green eggs and ham: avoid the misgendering; the linguistic contortions of using only her surname; or dancing around the fact that Lauren is, ipso facto, a woman) is qualified to compete. Lauren’s T levels have not only remained lower and certified as such over an extended time — more than satisfying the IOC and her sporting body’s rules — but those highly scrutinized levels must remain lower than that which is a nominal endogenous level for cis women (who, I might want to add, don’t have PCOS). Thus, she has more than satisfied the minimum requirements to complete in her sport, as herself, over this next fortnight. And the fact she’s able to do this just three years after breaking her elbow in previous competition and also as a possibility model for many trans kids who’ll learn about her is hecking gold in of itself.

Over and done. Let it die.

Susie the White Supremacist Soccer Mom will never read this, but maybe you will, idk.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Simone Biles did her Yurchenko double pike vault during practice today.

I am not a huge gymnastics fan, but will watch to see her be the first ever female to do it in competition.

JamesMike

Power User
Reaction score
I had planned on attending the games, had it all setup with my former UN mates in Japan, but will have to watch from afar. I like all the sporting events, even the ones I do not fully understand, I appreciate all their efforts, and sacrifice.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I understand the difference, but it's a strange take to take after who was suspended.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1418648772360515590/

At first look, it just seems to be a tad bit... off.

Cannabis is okay as long as you don't get caught, but -wink wink- we KNOW it's being used. 🤨

WTF?

I WANT to watch Sha'Carri Richardson run. Couldn't care less about soccer which shouldn't even be in the Olympics.

This is messed up.

U

User.45

You did. And I could have deleted my post. But instead I put on my big boy pants and apologized. It seems everyone else here was adult enough to accept it.
This reminds me of my 3-year-old, who recently started wearing the same "big boy pants": she realized that apologizing gives her some extra wiggle-room and now regularly tries to use apologies to get away with intentionally being nasty to her sister.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
This reminds me of my 3-year-old, who recently started wearing the same "big boy pants": she realized that apologizing gives her some extra wiggle-room and now regularly tries to use apologies to get away with intentionally being nasty to her sister.

Well, if I do again .................................

On an Olympic note, Team USA got thumped by France. The whole purpose of putting Kevin Love on the team in the first place was to counter France's 2 7-footers in Gobert and Poirier.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Watching USA vs France basketball and it turns out France has 5 NBA players on their team as well. WTF? May as well be just watching another NBA game.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Watching USA vs France basketball and it turns out France has 5 NBA players on their team as well. WTF? May as well be just watching another NBA game.
Basketball has really become an international game in the past few decades. America is no longer head and shoulders above the rest of the world.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Basketball has really become an international game in the past few decades. America is no longer head and shoulders above the rest of the world.
The only reason France stood a chance is because a majority of their lineup was actual NBA players. If you flat out pit the best of the NBA vs the best any other country has to offer (without our players) it's a bloodbath, that's why they changed it up a while back.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
I did read the anti-doping agency’s justification for banning marijuana, and it’s really absurd. There’s a worse story - somebody was banned for 5 years because they didn’t answer the door when the ADA came by - and it was because she just got an abortion.

Now THAT is some f-ed up stuff right there. We could have a thread just about the anti-doping agencies. Their job is important, but there’s no question they let the power get to their heads and ban people often for really petty offenses with little to no evidence. In this case, she never failed a single drug test, nor was there any evidence whatsoever that she ever used anything illegal. They destroy careers over their power trips.

Regardless of extenuating circumstances, they're unlikely to change that one. There might be some protocol for such cases.

According to details of the case published Friday by the Athletics Integrity Unit, which is the anti-doping arm of World Athletics, McNeal missed a doping test in January 2020 after having an abortion, then changed the date of the procedure on medical forms because she mistakenly thought her doctor had gotten the date wrong.

Top Bottom
1 2