All things Fox News

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Did Tucker bring Trump on his show just to embarrass him? While Trump rambled about things he knew nothing about, Tucker looked on like he was dumbfounded.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Did Tucker bring Trump on his show just to embarrass him? While Trump rambled about things he knew nothing about, Tucker looked on like he was dumbfounded.

Maybe he's trying to succeed where Hillary failed. Just let Trump punch himself out in the public's perception.

I wonder which is more terrifying to Trump, losing his court cases or becoming completely irrelevant and unworthy of any attention.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
You forgot one thing - He kept Hillary out of the WH. That is reason enough to overlook some things. Just as the Dems do with Biden because he got Trump out.
You can't, I hope, be implying that Hillary would have been worse than Trump. And "some things" is a rather polite way to refer to multiple serious crimes.

I know that he demonized her to the point that his followers thought she was the worst person in the world, but she was immensely more qualified and is demonstrably more intelligent than Trump. One of Trump's main campaign tactics was to vilify her over her mishandling of some emails and then he goes and steals hundreds of top secret documents and obstructs attempts to retrieve them. She cooperated fully in the investigation and he didn't. Even on a personal level, whatever one may think of Hillary in no way compares to the moral degenerate, wife-cheating, tax cheating, insurance cheating pathological liar Trump. And just look at what disruption and division Trump's Big Lie has brought upon the nation. Keeping Hillary out of the WH was one of the worst things to happen to the U.S.

And your analogy with Biden is also off base, as if he's some kind of inconsequential person but at least not Trump. He has decades of experience in Congress and was VP for eight years. Trump was a real estate con man and reality t.v. star. Get real.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
You can't, I hope, be implying that Hillary would have been worse than Trump. And "some things" is a rather polite way to refer to multiple serious crimes.

I know that he demonized her to the point that his followers thought she was the worst person in the world, but she was immensely more qualified and is demonstrably more intelligent than Trump. One of Trump's main campaign tactics was to vilify her over her mishandling of some emails and then he goes and steals hundreds of top secret documents and obstructs attempts to retrieve them. She cooperated fully in the investigation and he didn't. Even on a personal level, whatever one may think of Hillary in no way compares to the moral degenerate, wife-cheating, tax cheating, insurance cheating pathological liar Trump. And just look at what disruption and division Trump's Big Lie has brought upon the nation. Keeping Hillary out of the WH was one of the worst things to happen to the U.S.

And your analogy with Biden is also off base, as if he's some kind of inconsequential person but at least not Trump. He has decades of experience in Congress and was VP for eight years. Trump was a real estate con man and reality t.v. star. Get real.
Prepare yourself for some false equivalencies.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Even on a personal level, whatever one may think of Hillary in no way compares to the moral degenerate, wife-cheating, tax cheating, insurance cheating pathological liar Trump.

And illegally withholding Congressionally appropriated $400 million in military aid for Ukraine until Zelensky agreed to find some dirt on Hunter Biden.

For me it all started when trump mocked (flipping his arms and hands around while speaking goofy) Serge Kovaleski, a Pulitzer Prize winning NYT journalist who suffers from a degenerative disease (arthrogryposis), during a primary campaign rally

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Maybe not what herdfan intended, but I read it as more of a general statement that for some voters keeping Hillary out of office was all that mattered regardless of what he personally feels about her.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
I regret if I misconstrued the comment, but I did say that I hope he wasn't saying that Trump's criminal behavior before, during and after his presidency was a better alternative to a Hillary presidency. I get that some people may not like her personality, but she was a two-term senator and a secretary of state. Agree with her politics or not, she was prepared for the job unlike Trump, whose first secretary of state called him a "f----n moron." But she was subject to Trump's ugly, misogynistic attack and made out to be the devil incarnate, all to the tune of "Lock her up."

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Selective outrage.

nptj1059lqta1.jpg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
You can't, I hope, be implying that Hillary would have been worse than Trump.

In terms of policy, absolutely.

Prepare yourself for some false equivalencies.

Sorry to disappoint.

I regret if I misconstrued the comment, but I did say that I hope he wasn't saying that Trump's criminal behavior before, during and after his presidency was a better alternative to a Hillary presidency. I get that some people may not like her personality, but she was a two-term senator and a secretary of state. Agree with her politics or not, she was prepared for the job unlike Trump, whose first secretary of state called him a "f----n moron." But she was subject to Trump's ugly, misogynistic attack and made out to be the devil incarnate, all to the tune of "Lock her up."

She was not the most liked person long before Trump came down the stairs. He just pointed it out.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
She was not the most liked person long before Trump came down the stairs. He just pointed it out.

Hillary is the poster woman for elitist, “It’s my turn! Waaah!” meritocracy that ignores a large swath of the American people as unimportant. They aren’t doing what the meritcrats are telling them they should do. So fuck them. What some people see as her experience qualifiers others see as the problem – a continuation of the status quo that hasn’t worked for them for a long time. Neoliberalism has been going on for decades and both parties are complicit, often even partnering, but Republicans are a lot better at blaming it entirely on Democrats.

It should be interesting to see what happens over the next decade because it’s no longer just the under educated and “lazy” getting screwed. It’s also screwing the educated, especially recently educated.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Hillary is the poster woman for elitist, “It’s my turn! Waaah!” meritocracy that ignores a large swath of the American people as unimportant. They aren’t doing what the meritcrats are telling them they should do. So fuck them. What some people see as her experience qualifiers others see as the problem – a continuation of the status quo that hasn’t worked for them for a long time. Neoliberalism has been going on for decades and both parties are complicit, often even partnering, but Republicans are a lot better at blaming it entirely on Democrats.

It should be interesting to see what happens over the next decade because it’s no longer just the under educated and “lazy” getting screwed. It’s also screwing the educated, especially recently educated.
Say what you want but she was right all along and nailed it. Meanwhile, you got Donald Trump so congrats on that I guess.

She had faults as a candidate, but ultimately it was not her fault that a small but fatal share of clueless, oblivious, feckless, or willfully deaf Americans stayed home in the handful of states that swung the antiquated Electoral College.

She got it right during the 2016 debates when she spoke directly to Trump: “(Putin) would rather have a puppet as president. (We know) that the Russians have engaged in cyberattacks against the United States of America, that you encouraged espionage against our people, that you are willing to spout the Putin line, sign up for his wish list, break up NATO, do whatever he wants to do. And that you continue to get help from him, because he has a very clear favorite in this race.”

She got it right in 2016 when she warned about the MAGA movement’s animosity toward people of color: “Trump is reinforcing harmful stereotypes and offering a dog whistle to his most hateful supporters. It’s a disturbing preview of what kind of president he’d be.”

She got it right in 2016 when she warned that the GOP would target gay people all over again, regardless of “the progress that we fought for, that many of you were on the front lines for. It may not be as secure as we once expected.”

She got it right in a 2016 speech when she warned that “a fringe element has effectively taken over the Republican Party. And this is part of a broader story — the rising tide of hardline, right-wing nationalism around the world. … So no one should have any illusions about what’s really going on here.”

She got it right in 2016 when she warned about a fragile future for women’s reproductive rights: “The fact that our next president could appoint as many as three or four justices in the next four years (demonstrates) that we can’t take (those rights) for granted. Just consider Donald Trump, the Republicans’ presumptive nominee. … He has pledged to appoint Supreme Court justices who would overturn Roe v. Wade. … And that’s why this election is so important. The outcome of November’s contests is going to be a deciding factor in whether our elected officials and our courts defend or attack a woman’s right to health care for generations to come.”

She’s still getting it right, by the way. Last year she noted: “There is a plot against the country by people who truly want to turn the clock back. They believe that the progress we’ve made on all kinds of civil rights and human rights, the cultural changes that have taken place, are so deeply threatening that they want to stage a coup.”

If that coup is completed in 2024, don’t say that Hillary didn’t warn us.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
It’s impressive in its own way: your lies are potentially going to destroy your network and you keep going. Shamelessness really is a superpower. Also let’s be absolutely clear: the part of Ukrainian casualties are absolutely lies (kludgy one’s too, like MS paint level shit) and he absolutely knows they are lies. Just like the election lies he (still!) peddles.

1681487820311.png

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Say what you want but she was right all along and nailed it. Meanwhile, you got Donald Trump so congrats on that I guess.

Being right about Trump supporters doesn't make her a great candidate. Hillary and Trump can both be awful for different reasons. You and I are lucky enough to not live in a town decimated by neoliberal globalism over decades where Democrats largely just stop to get gas on their way to a city rally.

In a way Trump and Trumpism have been a real gift to Democrats. It gives them real hard actions to target instead of trying to convince people not so great is the new doing great.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s impressive in its own way: your lies are potentially going to destroy your network and you keep going. Shamelessness really is a superpower. Also let’s be absolutely clear: the part of Ukrainian casualties are absolutely lies (kludgy one’s too, like MS paint level shit) and he absolutely knows they are lies. Just like the election lies he (still!) peddles.

View attachment 23005

The modus operandi of the right is to just push things further and further to the right until somebody actually forces them to stop. By my estimates this tactic has been more successful than it hasn’t been so far. The left will get little wins or speed bumps in combatting it but that’s tied up in the bureaucracy of the court system (that Republicans have been great at capturing) while the right is firing off 10 more new attacks. I don’t expect this to stop until the government bags several big fish.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Being right about Trump supporters doesn't make her a great candidate. Hillary and Trump can both be awful for different reasons. You and I are lucky enough to not live in a town decimated by neoliberal globalism over decades where Democrats largely just stop to get gas on their way to a city rally.

In a way Trump and Trumpism have been a real gift to Democrats. It gives them real hard actions to target instead of trying to convince people not so great is the new doing great.

I’m always amused by Americans’ insistence that electing “outsiders” with little to no national experience is going to magically fix the political system and reorient the political philosophies underlying our policies. It’s like an extended version of that Arrested Development meme: “Did it work for those people?” “Well no but those people were idiots, but it might work for us this time!” Contrast that with the horror of electing people who might have experience at the job you’re expecting them to do.

And btw I’m not even a fan of Hillary Clinton. But that part of the criticism of her was always silly to me. Except that of course when her husband ran for office that’s exactly how he framed himself - as the outsider who was going to change Washington. It just happens over and over and over again. All that results from this is that they are often ineffectual for the initial part of their administration where they have often have the greatest chance of making a difference.

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m always amused by Americans’ insistence that electing “outsiders” with little to no national experience is going to magically fix the political system and reorient the political philosophies underlying our policies. It’s like an extended version of that Arrested Development meme: “Did it work for those people?” “Well no but those people were idiots, but it might work for us this time!” Contrast that with the horror of electing people who might have experience at the job you’re expecting them to do.

And btw I’m not even a fan of Hillary Clinton. But that part of the criticism of her was always silly to me. Except that of course when her husband ran for office that’s exactly how he framed himself - as the outsider who was going to change Washington. It just happens over and over and over again. All that results from this is that they are often ineffectual for the initial part of their administration where they have often have the greatest chance of making a difference.

Now that the smoke has long cleared it’s easy to see that the Clinton administration was mostly a close continuation of the Reagan administration including Clinton saying the era of big government is over, not to mention Democrats have a long history of passing the Republican agenda unnoticed because they do it with a smile while kissing a baby instead of doing it with a middle finger. And here we are, stuck between the broken promises of the left and the lies of the right.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Now that the smoke has long cleared it’s easy to see that the Clinton administration was mostly a close continuation of the Reagan administration including Clinton saying the era of big government is over, not to mention Democrats have a long history of passing the Republican agenda unnoticed because they do it with a smile while kissing a baby instead of doing it with a middle finger. And here we are, stuck between the broken promises of the left and the lies of the right.
It’s true that on economics both Labour and the Democrats moved right to win elections. But it’s a little unfair to say those were broken promises: they were very explicit and clear that’s what they were doing and going to do and the general consensus is that Thatcher and Reagan had changed things to point that Labourites/Democrats had to do it. But it was an abandonment of earlier principles and yes it did help accelerate some of the political features we see today.

Let me be clear that all evidence points to the “economic anxiety” of Trump voters being mostly bullshit but to give one example of how the Democrats lost working class whites: by abandoning unions and even participating in their extinction ripped away an identity that tied a lot of working class whites (especially men) to the Democratic Party. The counter argument is that forces beyond the Democrat’s control determined that and swimming against the tide only harder would’ve simply handed even more victories to the Republicans and made things worse.

And this counter argument has merit! After a Democratic administration there is often a call by those on the left that establishment Democrats are no better than Republicans so why bother? Then a Republican administration gets back into power and quickly those people realize just how wrong they were (well the more self aware do).

Things might be changing - a lot of the energy and policy ideas percolating through left wing spheres are becoming more mainstream and while DSA still manages to impress with their incompetence at every turn (seriously they often make the establishment Democrats look clever by comparison), some of the better people on left are making real headway. So there are signs of hope here even if the right wing of the Republicans is going full fash and dragging the corpse of the rest of the party with it. It’s unfortunate that at a time when people might be realizing that at least some aspects of the Reagan revolution might’ve not been great for Americans in the long run, we’re having to fight for basic democracy. Of course those two thing might be interrelated …

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

She wasn’t the only one who was correct. So were about half of mainstream republicans, including people who ran against Trump like Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
She wasn’t the only one who was correct. So were about half of mainstream republicans, including people who ran against Trump like Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz.
Yeah right before they changed to licking Trump’s boot heels. Also in Ted Cruz’s case it’s more that he’s pissed it wasn’t him wrecking democracy … seriously I think it was Graham who once said that if Ted Cruz was murdered on the floor of the Senate not one of a jury of his (former) peers would’ve found the killer guilty.

Top Bottom
1 2