All things Fox News

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
I made no suggestion one way or the other, he's just throwing a wedge issue into this for no apparent reason that I can see. This specific issue has no bearing on the polling data where they're losing on this issue, which is crystal clear.

Try not to let them distract you with little shit like this, it's typical right wing tactics they use to make themselves feel better about being bigots.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was making that same point.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
I get that this is something to get excited over, but Biden has done the same thing and in terms of government spending, this is couch cushion change.

It's not that they are not important, but more that I doubt they will show what you think they will show. For the uber wealthy like Trump, most of the "transactions" are hidden in trusts and other instruments. So I just think there is very little to discover there.

For me, 2022 will be the last year my tax returns will give any hint to what my business holdings are. Going forward, it will be a single K1. So you can see how much I made, but not the source.

Sorry, but the Dems killed the sex thing with Clinton. No one cares anymore.

Yeah Bill Clinton doesn't win a modern Democratic primary if that comes out. And no you don't get to paint Hilary with the same brush even if she stood by Bill. (I knew you'd go there, so let's just preempt that)

The Classified Documents Trump had were in a SS protected facility. Not in a garage beside his car that who knows who had access to.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ... yeah that famously secure Mar-a-Lago. Again, while there is a point to be made about elected officials keeping better track of classified materials in general, the difference is Trump deliberately tried to keep them and hide the fact that he still had them.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I get that this is something to get excited over, but Biden has done the same thing and in terms of government spending, this is couch cushion change.

It's not that they are not important, but more that I doubt they will show what you think they will show. For the uber wealthy like Trump, most of the "transactions" are hidden in trusts and other instruments. So I just think there is very little to discover there.

For me, 2022 will be the last year my tax returns will give any hint to what my business holdings are. Going forward, it will be a single K1. So you can see how much I made, but not the source.

Sorry, but the Dems killed the sex thing with Clinton. No one cares anymore.

The Classified Documents Trump had were in a SS protected facility. Not in a garage beside his car that who knows who had access to.
When has Biden had the Secret Service stay at properties owned by him and his family? Or does the Emoluments Clause not apply to Trump?

I want to know how much the President pays in taxes, even if there's no illegality. And I also want to see where their donations are going.

As for "the sex thing," I won't condone the actions of Bill Clinton or any of his predecessors. But Trump made it clear who he was prior to his election. And all the Republican hypocrites who proclaimed to care about "family values" gave him a pass, even after initially denouncing him.

By all reports, the number of classified documents in Biden's garage was much smaller than the cache at Mar-a-Lago. And, more importantly, Biden didn't hold onto them after being told they had to be returned.

Maybe I just have higher standards when it comes to the most powerful person in the world.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Well, Trump's taxes showed several things, such as that he had a Chinese account and paid more taxes to China than to the U.S., that he undervalued properties to avoid taxes, that he falsely claimed hush money payments as ordinary business expenses, etc. But let's not forget that he claimed he was under audit and so couldn't disclose them. Being under audit, even if true, is not a hindrance to disclosing them. If the audit changed anything he could have simply reissued the new returns. It was just another in a long series of lies.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Well, Trump's taxes showed several things, such as that he had a Chinese account and paid more taxes to China than to the U.S., that he undervalued properties to avoid taxes, that he falsely claimed hush money payments as ordinary business expenses, etc. But let's not forget that he claimed he was under audit and so couldn't disclose them. Being under audit, even if true, is not a hindrance to disclosing them. If the audit changed anything he could have simply reissued the new returns. It was just another in a long series of lies.
And he wasn’t under audit.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
If Fox just offered to pay the full amount in a settlement does that mean Dominion would have to drop the suit? I understand it would if Dominion accepted the settlement, but could they say it’s not just about the money and force the case to go forward? It seems both parties know Fox’s reputation is on the line, and some have suggested that Dominion doesn’t really need the money and it’s more about exposing Fox.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
When has Biden had the Secret Service stay at properties owned by him and his family? Or does the Emoluments Clause not apply to Trump?
Seriously?

He has rented a cottage on his property to the SS since he was VP.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
If Fox just offered to pay the full amount in a settlement does that mean Dominion would have to drop the suit? I understand it would if Dominion accepted the settlement, but could they say it’s not just about the money and force the case to go forward? It seems both parties know Fox’s reputation is on the line, and some have suggested that Dominion doesn’t really need the money and it’s more about exposing Fox.

I'm sure any settlement would include non-disclosure agreements.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Whatever Fox offers, Dominion is entitled to its day in court, and the possibility that a jury would award damages higher than Fox’s offer.

There is a federal rule (FRCP 68) that says that if, 14 days before trial, Fox makes an offer, and if Dominion declines it, and if the jury awards less than the offer, then Dominion would be liable for Fox’s “costs” (not attorneys fees) after the date of the offer (things like xerox copies, experts, etc.). This trial, though, is, I believe, in Delaware state court, not federal court, so I don’t know if there is something similar under Delaware law.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Seriously?

He has rented a cottage on his property to the SS since he was VP.
Your picture should appear next to the dictionary entry for Whataboutism.

According to a 2020 op-ed from the American Enterprise Institute, hardly a bastion of liberalism: "Reportedly, the Secret Service paid Trump in just three months what it had paid Biden in more than six years. In 2017, the Secret Service rented a three-bedroom cottage at Trump’s New Jersey golf course for three whole months, paying $17,000 a month. That is, taxpayers paid as much for one summer of the Trump cottage as they did for two years of the Biden cottage."

And the Secret Service asked Biden to rent the place to better provide protection to him and his family. The amount charged was reportedly the same another tenant had paid previously. Trump, on the other hand, charged exorbitant rates, including for the several hundred times he went golfing during his presidency, and that doesn't include the cost of transportation and other support.

But anything to defend Your Guy, right?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
But anything to defend Your Guy, right?
I just can't understand why otherwise decent people continue to stick their necks out for such an obvious con man. I get it if one is defending the positions of Bush, McCain, Romney, et al., people who share your positions that aren't total narcissistic nutbags.

I can only figure they see it as a jab toward the party so the MUST defend him at all costs when in reality if they ditched him and grabbed on to a sane and worthy candidate they would likely start winning elections again. It's like they deliberately want to lose at the expense of defending him.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm sure any settlement would include non-disclosure agreements.

I doubt Dominion would accept any settlement that doesn’t include Fox having to admit on air to their viewers that they lied (or whatever) and probably by all the personalities that did it. That would be a long day at the Fox News studio, but I get the impression that not everybody there is on the same page and some would at least secretly enjoy watching their biggest bullshit artists with big paychecks groveling.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

To be fair Tucker doesn’t give a shit about using fake news to support his fake news and neither do his viewers.

I don’t think any lost lawsuit is going to change much. They’ll just shift to “Maybe Fox lied about it or misreported it but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.” The voice in their head is the only reliable source they trust.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score

Duped? Unlikely. They were MS paint level changes and that the pro Russian numbers were faked was all over the news. He just lied, again.

To be fair Tucker doesn’t give a shit about using fake news to support his fake news and neither do his viewers.

I don’t think any lost lawsuit is going to change much. They’ll just shift to “Maybe Fox lied about it or misreported it but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.” The voice in their head is the only reliable source they trust.

True to an extent but there are a lot who watch and say they’ve never see any other information. If Tucker is forced on air to admit he straight up lied that’s going to cause at least a couple of them to wonder. That’s worth it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2