All things Fox News

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh good. On top of more leaked audio and conversations between Fox and Trump campaign leaders, on top of more depositions being ordered, Fox is also apologizing for trying to mislead the courts on what Rupert Murdoch’s role at Fox really is…

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh good. On top of more leaked audio and conversations between Fox and Trump campaign leaders, on top of more depositions being ordered, Fox is also apologizing for trying to mislead the courts on what Rupert Murdoch’s role at Fox really is…

In the letter, which was dated Friday and filed with the court, Fox attorney Blake Rohrbacher said the right-wing network "never intended to omit information" and that its inaccurate representations about Murdoch's formal role at Fox News were "not meant to mislead the Court or evade the question."

"never intended to omit information"
=> Really? What then was the "real" intent?

"were not meant to mislead the Court or evade the question." => Oh, OK... What was the purpose of the inaccurate representations?

Jeeeez...that above mea culpa paragraph appears to be built on, as some would say, "untruths, misstatements, inaccurate representations, falsehoods, etc." Just use the four letter "L" word. If I were the judge I'd toss that "apology" out and demand it be rewritten using plain language, and owning the truth.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Can you elaborate?

You need to remember that Herdfan is a glibertarian type. Ms. Clinton never would have legalized incandescent bulbs or created Space Force! or had an EPA adminstrator devoted to corporate analingus. And she would have been favorable toward the evil, evil Dr. Fauci. And there would not have been nearly as much entertaining bilge gushing out of the WH.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
You need to remember that Herdfan is a glibertarian type.
My question was how Hillary would have been worse than Trump "in terms of policy" - I assume anyone would concede she would not have been worse in terms of intellect and character. But let's examine the result of Trump's policies.

His tough-guy trade war was a failure, with the November 2020 imbalance of trade at a ten-year high. He either ignorantly or dishonestly claimed that it was China that paid the tariffs and I think that's what he was still bragging about in his recent interview with Tucker Carlson.

His whole theory of foreign policy is based on how he "got along" with leaders of other countries, as if his magnetic personality was all it took to resolve complex issues. He left North Korea and said we no longer had anything to worry about regarding their nuclear capability, followed by a series of "love" letters between him and Kim. Somehow I think Hillary's experience as Sec. of State would have been more, shall we say, adult-like.

When Trump left office the economy was in shambles, due in large part to his mishandling of covid. Under him the GOP rushed through a tax cut which the Congressional Budget Committed predicted would significantly add to the national debt even taking into account any presumed growth. Nearly 25% of the current national debt was accrued during the Trump administration. So much for the "tax and spend" Democrats.

He campaigned on a promise of providing "beautiful" health insurance but did nothing except try to weaken he Affordable Care Act despite two years of complete control of Congress. His infrastructure week went nowhere, his wall was never completed and Mexico certainly didn't pay for it.

Etc.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
My question was how Hillary would have been worse than Trump "in terms of policy" - I assume anyone would concede she would not have been worse in terms of intellect and character. But let's examine the result of Trump's policies.
She wouldn’t have raised my taxes, like Trump did.
She wouldn’t have damaged NATO to the point where Putin thought he could walk into Ukraine.
She wouldn’t have withheld weapons and aid to Ukraine in order to leverage them for election help.
She wouldn’t have told people to drink bleach or fish medicine to cure COVID.
She wouldn’t have appointed dozens of judges who have no experience even as trial lawyers.
She wouldn’t have started a trade war with China that did nothing other than increase our trade deficit with China.
She wouldn’t have pardoned war criminals.
She wouldn’t have called Nazis “very fine people.”
She wouldn’t have hidden her tax returns.
She wouldn’t have grifted the secret service by doubling the price of the rooms they needed to protect her.
She wouldn’t have attempted to buy Greenland.
She wouldn’t have used her bully pulpit to say that vaccines cause autism.
She wouldn’t have caused the government to shut down repeatedly.
She wouldn’t have had protestors violently removed so he could have a photo op with a book full of make-believe stories.
She wouldn’t have had secret meetings with the Russian ambassador and shared sources and methods with him.
She wouldn’t have incited an insurrection.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
1681669649978.png

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
She wouldn’t have raised my taxes, like Trump did.
No, but she might have done it a different way. Actually increasing taxes vs limiting deductions the way Trump did. I got a tax cut.

She wouldn’t have damaged NATO to the point where Putin thought he could walk into Ukraine.

I don't think Putin invades Ukraine if Trump is in office. Biden looks weak on the world stage.

She wouldn’t have withheld weapons and aid to Ukraine in order to leverage them for election help.

Trump was just doing what Biden had previously done with the same country.

She wouldn’t have told people to drink bleach or fish medicine to cure COVID.

He did neither of those thing and you know it.

She wouldn’t have appointed dozens of judges who have no experience even as trial lawyers.

Do we know this for sure, or is this just speculation?

She wouldn’t have started a trade war with China that did nothing other than increase our trade deficit with China.

Something needed to be done.
She wouldn’t have called Nazis “very fine people.”

Nor did Trump. Stop watching MSNBC and go back and read his exact quote including all context.

She wouldn’t have hidden her tax returns.

Don't care.

She wouldn’t have grifted the secret service by doubling the price of the rooms they needed to protect her.

But you don't care how much Biden charges the Secret Service to rent a cottage to protect him?

She wouldn’t have caused the government to shut down repeatedly.
You mean like her husband and Obama did?

Here is what I do know, gas was in the $2-$3 range, inflation was low, people had money, store shelves were stocked and unemployment was low including among minorities. None of those things is true under Biden.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Here is what I do know, gas was in the $2-$3 range, inflation was low, people had money, store shelves were stocked and unemployment was low including among minorities. None of those things is true under Biden.
I think you should know that Biden was not responsible for a global inflation or supply chain issues. "People had money" is so vague as to be meaningless. I remember a few years ago reading that a large % of Americans would have trouble coming up with a few hundred dollars. As for unemployment being low, he left office with almost 3 million fewer jobs than when he took office, the first president to leave with a loss of jobs since Herbert Hoover.

Trump is a moron. He thinks he's the smartest person in the room and therefore doesn't listen to anyone else, no doubt the reason that so many of his businesses failed. His time in office was just a continuation of that string of failures. Republicans like to position themselves as the guardians of fiscal responsibility but the economy was in disarray when Trump left and during W's time in office we had the banking crisis and the worst recession in many decades.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Objectively true and yet almost half the country would elect him again.
The biggest question will be whether or not Trump can flip all those who didn't vote for him in 2020, all polls currently show he's still under water with those people. If you can't win over the middle you can't win an election, I just don't see how Trump pulls that off.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
No, but she might have done it a different way. Actually increasing taxes vs limiting deductions the way Trump did. I got a tax cut.

I don't think Putin invades Ukraine if Trump is in office. Biden looks weak on the world stage.

Nor did Trump. Stop watching MSNBC and go back and read his exact quote including all context.

Don't care.

But you don't care how much Biden charges the Secret Service to rent a cottage to protect him?

You're correct about a few things:

Trump didn't advise people to drink bleach, but he said that putting light or disinfectant inside the body might counter the infection. Not wise to speculate to a panicked population when there were no effective treatments or vaccines. He should have left comments to the experts, who sat stone-faced as he spouted nonsense to the nation. Trump also later said "Easter is a very special day for me... and you'll have packed churches all over our country", and he didn't proclaim the benefits of vaccines despite being vaccinated himself. He could have saved many lives, but didn't.

Regarding Charlottesville, Trump said there were "very fine people on both sides," excluding the Nazis. But again, words matter. It should have been obvious how his comment would be taken, especially after initially blaming "many sides."

As for some of your other points:

Trump wanted to pull the U.S. from NATO. Under Biden, the alliance is stronger than ever, and Russia now has a long border with a new NATO member, Finland. Leaders and citizens of foreign counties, especially in Europe, had low opinions of Trump, as documented by polling and open mike comments.

The Secret Service was charged exorbitant rates at properties owned by Trump. If you don't recognize that this was a huge conflict of interest, well...

Tax returns not important: I guess accountability doesn't matter to you, but I sure want to know if the President's financial dealings are in conflict with the country's best interests.

Any of the above should be disqualifying, and that doesn't even count everything else we know about Trump, including his malignant narcissism. Are you really OK with a President who bragged that he could grab women by the p**** and has been credibly accused of multiple sexual transgressions? Inciting an attack on the Capitol by repeatedly proclaiming he won an election that he actually lost? No big deal. Playing fast and free with classified documents and not returning them when required? Meh.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score

Ludicrously delusional and ass backwards.

Nope. Not even fucking close. But given your previous statement, understandable that you wouldn't know or care. And this is from a critic on Obama regarding Ukraine.

It's an exaggeration but not much of one. Trump was an ignorant moron.

For sure.

Debatable. But did losing it need to be done?

That's the wonderful thing about Trump word salads. You can wish cast away the very obvious meaning and yes I saw it all in context.

Don't care.

Good to know corruption doesn't bother you. I'll remember that the next time you erroneously claim the opposite.

Sure I do. Oh no, what are you going to do now?! (oh and again, not even fucking close - the Secret Service had to request an additional $60 million dollars on top of their then budget to protect Trump and his family and even so nearly ran out of money)

No like the republicans did - let's be clear each an every time it has been the republicans who now even have openly declared it their go-to tactic.

As @Eric said, it's wonderful that all these Republicans who are "I don't like Trump but ..." go to such delusional lengths to defend him against accurate depictions of his character/policies/administration. @Herdfan if you're able to distort reality to make the above statements, you really should just drop the part before the But.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
You're correct about a few things:

Trump didn't advise people to drink bleach, but he said that putting light or disinfectant inside the body might counter the infection. Not wise to speculate to a panicked population when there were no effective treatments or vaccines. He should have left comments to the experts, who sat stone-faced as he spouted nonsense to the nation. Trump also later said "Easter is a very special day for me... and you'll have packed churches all over our country", and he didn't proclaim the benefits of vaccines despite being vaccinated himself. He could have saved many lives, but didn't.

Regarding Charlottesville, Trump said there were "very fine people on both sides," excluding the Nazis. But again, words matter. It should have been obvious how his comment would be taken, especially after initially blaming "many sides."

As for some of your other points:

Trump wanted to pull the U.S. from NATO. Under Biden, the alliance is stronger than ever, and Russia now has a long border with a new NATO member, Finland. Leaders and citizens of foreign counties, especially in Europe, had low opinions of Trump, as documented by polling and open mike comments.

The Secret Service was charged exorbitant rates at properties owned by Trump. If you don't recognize that this was a huge conflict of interest, well...

Tax returns not important: I guess accountability doesn't matter to you, but I sure want to know if the President's financial dealings are in conflict with the country's best interests.

Any of the above should be disqualifying, and that doesn't even count everything else we know about Trump, including his malignant narcissism. Are you really OK with a President who bragged that he could grab women by the p**** and has been credibly accused of multiple sexual transgressions? Inciting an attack on the Capitol by repeatedly proclaiming he won an election that he actually lost? No big deal. Playing fast and free with classified documents and not returning them when required? Meh.

And @Roller posted basically everything fist - the one qualification is that he tried to clumsily parse the fine people from the Nazis but analysis showed it was the same fucking people - which let's be clear pro-confederacy "historical enthusiasts" are a lot more likely to also waive Nazi flags than your general population.

Also I think @Herdfan was referring to 2011 when the USSS did rent a cottage from Biden, but again compared to Trump it was small potatoes.

Your source didn't address athletics which was specifically my point.

The poll is from NPR which should be acceptable.

The NPR/Ipsos poll shows that nearly two-thirds of Americans (63%) are opposed to allowing transgender women and girls to compete on teams that align with their gender identity, while 24% overall support that.

If you have polling that shows the opposite of that for ATHLETICS, please post it.

While @Eric was wrong to suggest that it also applied to athletics, it does apply in general, which is what @Eric originally posted. You restricted it just athletics. Bailey meet Motte.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
And @Roller posted basically everything fist - the one qualification is that he tried to clumsily parse the fine people from the Nazis but analysis showed it was the same fucking people - which let's be clear pro-confederacy "historical enthusiasts" are a lot more likely to also waive Nazi flags than your general population.

While @Eric was wrong to suggest that it also applied to athletics, it does apply in general, which is what @Eric originally posted. You restricted it just athletics. Bailey meet Motte.
I made no suggestion one way or the other, he's just throwing a wedge issue into this for no apparent reason that I can see. This specific issue has no bearing on the polling data where they're losing on this issue, which is crystal clear.

Try not to let them distract you with little shit like this, it's typical right wing tactics they use to make themselves feel better about being bigots.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

I get that this is something to get excited over, but Biden has done the same thing and in terms of government spending, this is couch cushion change.

It's not that they are not important, but more that I doubt they will show what you think they will show. For the uber wealthy like Trump, most of the "transactions" are hidden in trusts and other instruments. So I just think there is very little to discover there.

For me, 2022 will be the last year my tax returns will give any hint to what my business holdings are. Going forward, it will be a single K1. So you can see how much I made, but not the source.

Sorry, but the Dems killed the sex thing with Clinton. No one cares anymore.

The Classified Documents Trump had were in a SS protected facility. Not in a garage beside his car that who knows who had access to.

Top Bottom
1 2