Apple Event 4/20

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I'm so torn right now. The new iPad Pro is SEVERELY tempting me, to the point I'm willing to drop $1700 on one for the 1TB 16GB option.

...but the software. Am I going to be buying this awesome hardware, but stuck using toy versions of all the big apps I like, or are developers going to take advantage of what's on offer?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Just this morning, I lost my coffee ...

(It was on the dryer, I was plugging in the charger)

A long time ago, and not particularly into thrill-seeking, I decided you really haven't lived until it's three a.m. on a Tuesday and you're standing in a mainframe operations room watching an operator's illegally imported paper cup of coffee about to take a journey of unknown destination as a 1403 printer senses it has run out of greenbar and its cover automatically starts to raise for a paper change. The coffee had been parked on the printer cover while the op ran to answer a phone in the floor manager's office...

Naturally this was while my own job was printing.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
I rarely watch the Apple events live and choose to catch summaries in my news feed later.

Unfortunately, Apple chose a lousy day since they were crowded out almost entirely by the Derrick Chauvin verdict.

But as someone who is still using a 2008 (yes, you read that right) 20-inch iMac, I'm very conscious of the fact that I'm gonna have to replace this thing sooner or later...and the 24" iMacs look very nice.

Not surprisingly, Apple is not offering me diddly-squat to trade mine in.

I've heard complaints about the colors, but I like them. The dumbest complaint I've heard so far has been Omigod! It's still got that huge, ugly chin! Well, the electronics have gotta go somewhere, genius. Better the chin than some rectangular bump-out on the back side of the screen.

Seriously, with a computer as old as mine, the only concern I have is that some apps (like Photoshop CS6 and Quicktime 7) won't run on it. I'm pretty sure PS will; I'm certain QT7 won't.

First they complain that it's sufficiently manly, then they are concerned with its well machined chin? These guys should make up their minds.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Late August.

Source: Gut feeling. Might also have been something I ate.

The announcement will possibly be delayed due to redesigns aimed at making them more masculine in order to attract manly men.

I need that manly Macbook Pro! :LOL:

Renzatic

Reaction score
Late August.

Source: Gut feeling. Might also have been something I ate.

The announcement will possibly be delayed due to redesigns aimed at making them more masculine in order to attract manly men.

I hear it's gonna have the Punisher skull in place of the Apple logo, and the glow will be blood red.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Oh, and the colors are going to be Deer Blood Red, Urban Warfare Grey, Treebark, AR-15 Black, Summer Dew Yellow, and Pumpkin Spice Orange.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
D'oh! Did NOT realize my remote for my Fire TV worked with the Apple TV, until this weekend by accident.

Now, I have no need for the new remote until I get a new Apple TV.

Now just waiting to update my iphone's IOS, to use the color balance feature.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
D'oh! Did NOT realize my remote for my Fire TV worked with the Apple TV, until this weekend by accident.

Congratulations!

Me, I would have to update my iPhone to use the color balance feature...

Maybe I can get a friend to visit when the restrictions are over, if I can find a friend with a modern iPhone. Or maybe I can try to get a match on Tinder and use that as a pickup line? Imagine the disappointment when they find out that I actually wanted my AppleTV color balanced for real, no euphemism.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Yeah, our TV remote will control our Apple TV too, I think that's through eARC, and there's a few generic "controller" protocols like for cursor movement, select / back.

Top Bottom
1 2