Biden's weekly Approval Polls

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
As I said before, part of Joe the President's approval ranking rests with the actual Left, who are not particularly happy with his milquetost agenda. If he moves "toward the center" instead of leftward, he will find himself in a turbulent strait.

But what if he moves to the left? Will he risk alienating the moderates? Seems to damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Polls be damned, I’m relieved we have a president who acts like one. His official tweets are professional and not the made-for-tv voiceover tweets of the last guy. “Wow, big damage! More coming soon!”. Shit like that.

Biden’s polls reflect many people want action now. It’s not uncommon. We will see what the arch of his presidency brings. Missteps and all, he got a lot done in his first year, but he’s got a heck of a lot of work in front of him, and only a year to do it if the midterms go sour on him

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Polls be damned, I’m relieved we have a president who acts like one. His official tweets are professional and not the made-for-tv voiceover tweets of the last guy. “Wow, big damage! More coming soon!”. Shit like that.

Biden’s polls reflect many people want action now. It’s not uncommon. We will see what the arch of his presidency brings. Missteps and all, he got a lot done in his first year, but he’s got a heck of a lot of work in front of him, and only a year to do it if the midterms go sour on him
I just saw a study showing that media coverage of Biden has actually been more negative towards Biden than Trump. It’s almost like they’re angry they don’t have Trump doing their job for them by writing crazy tweets at 4am that they can complain about that day.

Think about that. In 2020, Trump presided over a worst-in-world pandemic response that caused hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths; held a superspreader event at the White House and got covid-19 himself; praised QAnon adherents; embraced violent white supremacists; waged a racist campaign against Black Lives Matter demonstrators; attempted to discredit mail-in voting; and refused to accept his defeat in a free and fair election, leading eventually to the violence of Jan. 6 and causing tens of millions to accept the “big lie,” the worst of more than 30,000 he told in office.
And yet Trump got press coverage as favorable as, or better than, Biden is getting today. Sure, Biden has had his troubles, with the delta variant, Afghanistan and inflation. But the economy is rebounding impressively, he has signed major legislation, and he has restored some measure of decency, calm and respect for democratic institutions.
And the coverage of Harris for just this year seems to me like it has been way worse than anything in 4 years of Pence as VP.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I just saw a study showing that media coverage of Biden has actually been more negative towards Biden than Trump. It’s almost like they’re angry they don’t have Trump doing their job for them by writing crazy tweets at 4am that they can complain about that day.

And the coverage of Harris for just this year seems to me like it has been way worse than anything in 4 years of Pence as VP.
It isn't just negative, it's just glaringly ignoring things. Especially if it's in the realm of fixing things from the past president.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1474407746229477412/

by: Associated Press

Posted: Dec 24, 2021 / 02:23 PM PST / Updated: Dec 24, 2021 / 02:23 PM PST

A Biden administration effort to reunite children and parents who were separated under President Donald Trump’s zero-tolerance border policy has made increasing progress as it nears the end of its first year.

The Department of Homeland Security announced Thursday that 100 children, mostly from Central America, are back with their families and about 350 more reunifications are in process after it took steps to enhance the program.

“I would have loved to have this happen much more quickly. But we are making progress and I feel like we’re gaining momentum,” said Michelle Brané, executive director of the administration’s Family Reunification Task Force.

President Joe Biden issued an executive order on his first day in office to reunite families that were separated under the Trump administration’s widely condemned practice of forcibly separating parents and children at the U.S.-Mexico border to discourage illegal immigration.

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas thanked community organizations for helping to locate and contact family members as he announced the program’s milestone on Twitter. “We have a lot more work to do,” he wrote. “We are dedicated to finding every family and giving them the chance to reunite and to heal.”

Googling that, you won't find it covered by the bigger outlets, but in local news. Instead you are likely to find how the Biden's are visiting children in hospitals. There's an argument to be made that after the weekly outrage the last administration seemed to seek out, administrations NOT being shitty doesn't make for large numbers of eyeballs. So it's either fluff or major f - ups that the current administration will get major coverage for.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It isn't just negative, it's just glaringly ignoring things. Especially if it's in the realm of fixing things from the past president.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1474407746229477412/

Googling that, you won't find it covered by the bigger outlets, but in local news. Instead you are likely to find how the Biden's are visiting children in hospitals. There's an argument to be made that after the weekly outrage the last administration seemed to seek out, administrations NOT being shitty doesn't make for large numbers of eyeballs. So it's either fluff or major f - ups that the current administration will get major coverage for.
Instead, the media posts inflammatory, half-true stories about “Biden to give millions of dollars to families separated at the border…” which was even a big topic of discussion on these forums.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
We know that Joe the President called some guy – well, his staff made calls and he ended up talking to this guy in Oregon – which I think was meant to be a fun call about NORAD and Santa, but the guy ended the call with "Let's go Brandon". Now that guy is saying "I didn't mean it in the vulgar sense".
😯🙄
I think he needs to explain what the non-vulgar sense of a phrase that now literally means "fuck joe biden" is.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
We know that Joe the President called some guy – well, his staff made calls and he ended up talking to this guy in Oregon – which I think was meant to be a fun call about NORAD and Santa, but the guy ended the call with "Let's go Brandon". Now that guy is saying "I didn't mean it in the vulgar sense".
😯🙄
I think he needs to explain what the non-vulgar sense of a phrase that now literally means "fuck joe biden" is.
I think @Herdfan needs to explain why this isn’t a total douche move.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
just saw a study showing that media coverage of Biden has actually been more negative towards Biden than Trump. It’s almost like they’re angry they don’t have Trump doing their job for them by writing crazy tweets at 4am that they can complain about that day.

I've come closer to cancelling my NYT sub over negative coverage of Biden-Harris and some other administration figures than I had ever imagined. I expected critical coverage, sure, but figured it would be that the administration is not particularly progressive. But no, I've had to scout up that angle elsewhere. The Times has sometimes practically nudged the WSJ to the right in the way it has chosen language in some of the news pieces.

The NYT has been massaged by the Clintons and their flacks and hangers-on for far too many years, and yeah, maybe they're annoyed that Biden doesn't make it easy to peg a story out by the deadline. Trump did that just walking by the press in the White House driveway, dropping some headline in the road for them to pick up.

In fairness though: the Times has vastly enlarged its subscriber base in the past few years and most of that bump is from online subscribers. It's not pitching to a NYC choir any more. But I have to say that really shows in the way it covers DC news.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Be happy to as soon as someone explains to me the difference between that and this:

I see your weak "whataboutism" sauce and raise you a full:
DekRP4bU8AAfhEu.jpg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I see your weak "whataboutism" sauce and raise you a full:
DekRP4bU8AAfhEu.jpg

Exactly. Both sides do it so calling out one side when not calling out the other is hypocritical.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Exactly. Both sides do it so calling out one side when not calling out the other is hypocritical.
Yeah but, this brings us back to false equivalency of the two men. One is evil (and deserves that treatment), and one is not.

I’d be fine with none of that crap but that’s not happening.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Be happy to as soon as someone explains to me the difference between that and this:

Do you see every liberal across America repeating that every day? No. That’s the difference. You compare something that every Trump-lover is doing regularly to one speech given by one guy many years ago.

This is the nonsense that comes from the right. They all do terrible things, then they find one liberal who did one bad thing, and say “SEE UR BAD TOO”

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Do you see every liberal across America repeating that every day? No. That’s the difference. You compare something that every Trump-lover is doing regularly to one speech given by one guy many years ago.

This is the nonsense that comes from the right. They all do terrible things, then they find one liberal who did one bad thing, and say “SEE UR BAD TOO”

One liberal???????????

Come on.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
One liberal???????????

Come on.
Our biggest single issue in the USA Today is not more people saying Fuck Trump and way too many embracing his kind of corruption. It’s going to destroy us if we collectively don’t reign in his and the GOP’s kind of destructive behavior. Do you deny that since 2020, the Republicans have been engineering the dismantling of democracy in this country? It’s happening and I am fearful of the consequences.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score

He wasn't talking to Trump on the phone discussing christmas festivities when he said that.

It's not attacking someone for saying F Trump or, " Let's go Brandon". I could say F Trump all day long, but even I would still treat a call from the President with a level of respect to not actually say it to him.

Top Bottom
1 2