Biden's weekly Approval Polls

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Well, this would be the simple answer if gerrymandering, voter suppression and an electoral system that weighs each GOP presidential vote weighing at least 101.5% that of a DNC vote.
Agreed. Just read the Georgia voter law. It’s all about keeping people away from the polls. What a way to run a democracy!

U

User.45

Back on topic:

Biden is below Harris for the first time.
1640705392742.png

Well... Again, the thing is popularity questions are consequential for Democratic presidents, but with a skewed electoral system, less so for Republican presidents. So sure, you're correct about this being a problem, but you're embracing unfairness with your "solution."

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The solution is simple. Get enough people riled up and vote them out in less than a year.
Ironically, I’ve said it before quite often, but this is our real problem, the voters back home in combination with active voter suppression. When STUPID or selfish, corrupt or enough people decide that dismantling democracy is the way to go for percieved self advantage, then we as a Nation are not only screwed, but we deserve to be screwed. :unsure:

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Well... Again, the thing is popularity questions are consequential for Democratic presidents, but with a skewed electoral system, less so for Republican presidents. So sure, you're correct about this being a problem, but you're embracing unfairness with your "solution."
Agreed.

Republicans: “If you want change, just vote"

Democrats: “I tried, but they don’t accept my ID as valid for voting. They purged my name from the voter rolls. They cut early voting. The lines in my precinct are around the block. Then after we won my precinct in spite of many of us not being able to vote, a GOP partisan council threw out the results to get a Republican in power instead."

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The solution is simple. Get enough people riled up and vote them out in less than a year.
Or, if you’re a Republican and you lose, you claim the election was stolen, and then storm the Capitol in an attempt to stop the vote from being counted.

Funny/not funny how Republicans go with “get people riled up” - right after Trump riled up a mob to attack our Capitol. They really love violence.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Agreed.

Republicans: “If you want change, just vote"

Democrats: “I tried, but they don’t accept my ID as valid for voting. They purged my name from the voter rolls. They cut early voting. The lines in my precinct are around the block. Then after we won my precinct in spite of many of us not being able to vote, a GOP partisan council threw out the results to get a Republican in power instead."
This is a big orchestrated Have We Fool’d Ya, Yet? Conspiracy, that relies on a combination of STUPID and inaction in response to it to succeed. :oops:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I still think the Dems have just lost their sense of humor. I mean Biden should have just flipped "Let's go, Brandon" into a slogan on a T-shirt and handed one out to everyone who gets an infrastructure job. Fight insults with coast to coast laughter. And it was pretty funny how the broadcasters were only trying to mask an insult at that NASCAR track anyway. As if we weren't all way too used to hearing F-bombs cast at everyone from presidents to precinct workers at boards of elections...

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I still think the Dems have just lost their sense of humor. I mean Biden should have just flipped "Let's go, Brandon" into a slogan on a T-shirt and handed one out to everyone who gets an infrastructure job
Similar to how "Thanks Obama!" was turned on its head. Although this new phrase comes with the January 6th insurrection attempt, so not as "funny" as the earlier one.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Back on topic:

Biden is below Harris for the first time.
The SCOTUS needed some good news. The 3 most recent appointees are so far to the right they make Roberts look like a centrist. Sadly, his attempts to unify the court are unlikely to succeed with the current makeup of the court.

That being said, the justices are lifetime appointments, so whether he has 1% or 100% approval, it wouldn’t matter.

I hope Biden’s numbers go up soon. He didn’t create Delta or Omicron, and has been imploring Americans to do their part and get vaccinated. Seems some Dems are angry at him for not finding a way to force the issue, while almost all Republicans are against him for either not being Trump or for trying to pressure folks to get vaccinated.

I saw gas prices are starting to go down. That’s not really in Biden’s control, but if they go down quite a bit, I bet his poll numbers go up.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Republican critics will suddenly forget about gas prices and his numbers won't increase that much. They'll move on to the next nothing burger.
They’ve already stopped complaining about Afghanistan, which was supposedly such a monumental failure and all Biden’s fault...

I doubt he will win over any Republicans, but it is the independents. I think we discussed earlier the numbers are something like 33% Democrat, 27% Republican, and 40% independent. Granted, a lot of those independents probably vote with a certain party most of the time, but didn’t say so when asked what their affiliation was.

Independents will be more favorable towards Biden if prices go down, and Democrats will be more favorable if he gets more of his agenda passed, like BBB and the voting rights act. Not sure he can convince Manchin and Sinema to help their party win in 2022, but I hope he does.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Republican critics will suddenly forget about gas prices and his numbers won't increase that much. They'll move on to the next nothing burger.

Gas prices affect everyone. Even Biden voters. So if they think he let it happen, or was the cause, it will affect his popularity.

Top Bottom
1 2