Biden's weekly Approval Polls

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
One liberal???????????

Come on.
You are simply justifying your own bad behavior by accusing others of “the same thing” even though that’s plainly not true.

I bet you voted for DeNiro more than I did. I haven’t watched many of his movies, and when it comes to Hollywood, people vote with their pocketbooks.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
He wasn't talking to Trump on the phone discussing christmas festivities when he said that.

It's not attacking someone for saying F Trump or, " Let's go Brandon". I could say F Trump all day long, but even I would still treat a call from the President with a level of respect to not actually say it to him.

I do agree with this. The President is an office as much as it is a person.

But here is how I view the whole F-Trump/Let's Go Brandon issue (although I figure many will disagree):

IMG_8993.jpg

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

But here is how I view the whole F-Trump/Let's Go Brandon issue (although I figure many will disagree):

View attachment 10623

There’s an entire subreddit featuring dumb right-wing meme attempts. This might have already made the list.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
In real life, it's more like this.

FUCK TRUMP! - RESPECT OUR PRESIDENT!
RESPECT OUR PRESIDENT - LET'S GO BRANDON!"

U

User.45

View attachment 10623

In real life, it's more like this.

RESPECT OUR PRESIDENT - LET'S GO BRANDON!"
I love it how we now pretend that trollservativism doesn't revolve around using the amp by social media by making inflammatory statements, and then use the backlash to pretend to be victimized.

Politicians and commentators from all sides allege that Twitter’s algorithms amplify their opponents’ voices, or silence theirs. Policy makers and researchers have thus called for increased transparency on how algorithms influence exposure to political content on the platform. Based on a massive-scale experiment involving millions of Twitter users, a fine-grained analysis of political parties in seven countries, and 6.2 million news articles shared in the United States, this study carries out the most comprehensive audit of an algorithmic recommender system and its effects on political content. Results unveil that the political right enjoys higher amplification compared to the political left.

Trumps only consistent policy was that he really enjoyed angering those who didn't like him. So again, the above meme is people who live for "owning the libs" screaming victimhood while making up statements like "This is dangerous to our democracy," while in reality, liberals just roll their eyes about this. I personally feel embarrassed for people who couldn't come up with something new since the summer, though I admit I would have really found something like this hilarious in 6th grade.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Could you elaborate? I don’t quite get the “This is dangerous to our Democracy!!” bit.

"The Atlantic" senior editor Ron Brownstein warned Friday on CNN that "Let's Go Brandon" is "a manifestation not just of incivility but of the fundamental view of the illegitimacy [of the Biden administration] and the ominous shores we're sailing toward very quickly in 2022 and especially 2024."

He stated: "The whole Let's Go Brandon kind of motif is a reflection of the view of two-thirds of the Republican base, driven by Trump's claims, false claims, and the Big Lie, that Biden is an illegitimate president."

Personally I don't agree that is a danger to Democracy, but instead just left-wing pundits hyperventilating over something they can't control.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Personally I don't agree that is a danger to Democracy, but instead just left-wing pundits hyperventilating over something they can't control.

In isolation, it means nothing. It's when you consider all the other fucked up happenstances that have occurred over the last couple of years that it becomes somewhat portentous.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
He wasn't talking to Trump on the phone discussing christmas festivities when he said that.

It's not attacking someone for saying F Trump or, " Let's go Brandon". I could say F Trump all day long, but even I would still treat a call from the President with a level of respect to not actually say it to him.
Good to see you here! :)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

I might not say FU to Trump to his face, but I think I could tell him, YOU ARE THE WORST. 😷

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

View attachment 10623
Your argument is false. Saying FU Trump is not dangerous to our Democracy at all when coming from anyone who cherishes their Democracy.

How many times must any adult be confronted with the facts, that the actions Trump took and tried to take hand in hand with the GOP is threatening our Democracy and it is ongoing, along with the most sinister anti-democratic plot of our lifetimes, STOP THE STEAL. It would be laughable, practically unbelievable if not for the GOP controlled State legislatures around the Country that are serious trying to implement it With a serious face as they say We are fucking Democracy to seize and hold power protecting you.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
How many times must any adult be confronted with the facts, that the actions Trump took and tried to take hand in hand with the GOP is threatening our Democracy and it is ongoing, along with the most sinister anti-democratic plot of our lifetimes, STOP THE STEAL. It would be laughable if not for the State legislatures around the Country that are serious trying to implement it.

The solution is simple. Get enough people riled up and vote them out in less than a year.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The solution is simple. Get enough people riled up and vote them out in less than a year.
You really don’t seem to understand what these GOP legislatures are doing. Or maybe you do and since you like the presumed outcome, you don’t care?

There are now systems in place that even if Democrats overcome the recently enacted voting restrictions that favor Republicans, the Republicans can throw out the results if they don’t like them.

The way it’s set up, it won’t matter how people vote. We already see that in the Wisconsin legislature, with 65% control after receiving only 45% of the votes.

That is why Republicans oppose the John Lewis voting rights act that they once claimed to support.

Democracy is in trouble, but people who vote Republican don’t give a shit as long as “their side” is in power. Welcome to Autocracy.

If Manchin wants to do one thing right, he will get together with Sinema, carve out a filibuster exception for voting rights, and restore the Democracy stolen from us by SCOTUS killing the previous voting rights bill, and GOP legislatures taking advantage all across America.

Top Bottom
1 2