California recall election now has 70 people on the ballot

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not really directly related to the recall, but for all the people who think CA is nothing but liberals and a small pocket of repressed Republicans, we’re also responsible for TF Guy.

Does TX have an equivalent Democrat partisan ass hat?

I’d say we’re pretty diverse when both the house majority leader and minority leader are from our state.

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Larry Elder tries to use homeless people as props in a video… they aren’t having it.

Did you miss the whole part about the woman in the Gorilla mask?

I make a comment that might be the slightest bit racist and get hammered, yet a woman in a Gorilla mask throws eggs at a Black candidate and crickets.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Did you miss the whole part about the woman in the Gorilla mask?

I make a comment that might be the slightest bit racist and get hammered, yet a woman in a Gorilla mask throws eggs at a Black candidate and crickets.
I read the reports, including the ones from Fox News and Breitbart. They show no evidence this attack was racially motivated.

Why are you bringing race into this? Does everything have to be about racism to you? Isn’t it exhausting?

Last edited:

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Why are you bringing race into this? Does everything have to be about racism to you? Isn’t it exhausting?
We know why! Read the comments for the video posted. Conservakooks are claiming ABC10 edited out the alleged woman in gorilla mask throwing eggs. I didn't see her in the video. No one should throw eggs at anyone. But I'm a bit suspicious of this. Feels like a bit fishy. Especially since the same thing happened the last time Rethugicans used the recall stunt with Arnold. If Elder et al are so upset. She should have been detained and arrested once the police arrived. It's almost as if they wanted the optics so they could go run to the faux media and complain and whine and gin up votes. It's desperation time for Elder.

D

Deleted member 215

Yeah...a gorilla mask does raise a red flag, but it's also something a run-of-the-mill nutjob would wear to a protest. So...meh. Not going to suddenly start thinking the concern about racism is genuine. Especially after all the defense of Roseanne I saw from right-wingers.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Larry Elder tries to use homeless people as props in a video… they aren’t having it.

I was really interested in reading the right's take on this, because according to them this single act was single greatest contemptuous act by liberals. Showing for once & for all how hypocritical & dangerous liberals must be.

🤨

Yet nothing for this group...

Least some didn't re imagine that egg as a "concrete" egg, like a few ( including police ) did in Portland with a milkshake.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I read the reports, including the ones from Fox News and Breitbart. They show no evidence this attack was racially motivated.

Well Fox now has this:

And even the LA Times is getting in on the fun:

A woman in a gorilla mask riding a bicycle threw the small white object past Elder’s head, as seen in a video posted on Twitter by Spectrum News reporter Kate Cagle. The woman appeared to be white, Elder is Black, and ape characterizations have been used as a racist trope for centuries.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Well Fox now has this:

Wait, Fox News attacks media outlet that doesn't share their faux right wing narrative. I refuse to believe it.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Well Fox now has this:

That‘s their opinion. Again, that’s not evidence.

Maybe it was supposed to be a racial attack. Maybe the lady just didn’t want her identity exposed. Maybe she is just crazy. Even Larry Elder didn’t jump to conclusions when he was asked about it.

But almost every right-wing pundit and politician is screaming “RACISM” now.

They’ve ignored all other racism for years. They say systemic racism doesn’t exist. They didn’t abandon Trump when he called white supremacists very fine people, or told the Proud Boys to stand by.

This might be a “haha look a racist liberal” moment for dipshits on the far right, but everybody else sees this faux outrage for the utter bullshit it is.

I don’t think this person should throw eggs, and if the intent was to be racist, then they should be called out for it. But to see people who still support the most racist presidential candidate since George Wallace (yes I mean Trump) suddenly offended by this is even more offensive than whatever this nut job did.

Larry Elder staged the visit of a homeless encampment to get attention, and perhaps he got far better attention than he could have imagined with this egg-tosser. That being said, I don’t think this will move the needle for too many voters in CA.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Two posts with "now" in it showing how it is being manufactured as racist after the fact. Till Elder et al press charges and the alleged thrower is identified, I am 50/50 that it was planted by the GQP. They're hyperventilating and whining just too much.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Two posts with "now" in it showing how it is being manufactured as racist after the fact. Till Elder et al press charges and the alleged thrower is identified, I am 50/50 that it was planted by the GQP. They're hyperventilating and whining just too much.
Ah, yes, the plant angle.

I saw some of the very fine people were mocking that kind of speculation before I saw any of that. Same fine people insisting on 1/6 being a false flag operation with all bad things done by Antifa/BLM plants.

Throwing things at people is bad. Throwing things at people elected to (or running for) public office is worse. Hope the perp is identified and appropriately charged in a timely fashion.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Republicsns getting mad about racism… which many of them claim doesn’t exist. Or - if they can even admit it exists - knock down any instance of racism as “well, we don’t know”.

Woman in a gorilla mask throwing eggs at a black guy. Could it be racist? Absolutely. I’m just confused as to why republicans have suddenly taken an interest. Trump asking for teenagers to be put to death? Not racist. Refusing to take back his demands or even apologize when they are proven innocent? Not racist. BLM are “thugs and terrorists”, but January 6 was just a love fest with people kissing and hugging the police. These dumbass voter restrictions being passed? Not racist. On and on…

Here’s the thing - Larry Elder helps those on the right push the narrative racism doesn’t exist, so despite my own beliefs on what happened to him, why should I care?

Elder is also pushing the big lie, so he’s a hot mess right now. I hope the attack wasn’t racially motivated, but if it was, he should be the first person explaining to us why it wasn’t.

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Trump cult is going to adopt their "we win or there was fraud" mentality for every big election across the nation, bet it congress, governor, etc. Each win will be in conservative areas with probably already-difficult voting restrictions, or they'll lose and claim its because of voter fraud. Each scenario pushes their narrative for "more secure" (more white) voter requirements.

What we need is something that snaps these folks back into reality. It's all stunning to me the amount of conspiracies they believe. I was never a "Bush is a war criminal" democrat because it just sounded too extreme to me. Now I look around and think everyone seems ten times as crazy as I the situation I avoided, which was just being a vocal far-left "Bush is a criminal" liberal. Funny that now I see many conservatives believe that too - because Bush hasn't kissed the Trump ring yet.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Well, this is a good sign.

Yeah the gap has grown to nearly 20 points over the last few weeks and you can see the desperation Republicans are showing in their ads now, they're crazy ridiculous. Democrats on the other hand have their foot on the gas and aren't taking any of in for granted, pulling out all the stops which is smart because Republicans afraid to vote by mail will show up in huge numbers on Tuesday.

Top Bottom
1 2