Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Trump is calling it "rigged" before the actual vote too:

They face two critical issues of their own making here:

1) They distrust a perfectly safe vote by mail system, greatly reducing the number of votes they'll cast.
2) The best possible way they can motivate Democrats is to scream "fraud!!" before a single ballot is counted.

They are their own worst enemies.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I really enjoyed Maddow last night as she took us on a trip into the future where Elder was already promising to file suit early over the fraud which allowed Newsome to keep his job. That was on his website - yesterday. The election is today. I fear that from here out any time a Republican loses an election he/she will cry fraud. And the earlier they do it, the better.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I really enjoyed Maddow last night as she took us on a trip into the future where Elder was already promising to file suit early over the fraud which allowed Newsome to keep his job. That was on his website - yesterday. The election is today. I fear that from here out any time a Republican loses an election he/she will cry fraud. And the earlier they do it, the better.
If they win it was a fair election, if they lose it was fraud. To Republicans this is the ONLY possible outcome, at this point it's laughable.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
My fear is a counter to "voter fraud!" is whenever a Democrat loses in a red or purple state they are going to reflexively screen “voter suppression!”. Then 90% of congressional discussion becomes about voting as the country slides down the shitter while Republican governors and mayors fast-track their Christian fascist agenda and gum up the court system.

D

Deleted member 215

Yeah, the Democrats certainly could be doing something similar (and they did, after Trump won, claiming Russian collusion). In a way they started it. Probably wasn’t the best idea in retrospect.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My fear is a counter to "voter fraud!" is whenever a Democrat loses in a red or purple state they are going to reflexively screen “voter suppression!”. Then 90% of congressional discussion becomes about voting as the country slides down the shitter while Republican governors and mayors fast-track their Christian fascist agenda and gum up the court system.
The difference there is Democrats haven't enacted a bunch of arbitrary laws against the non-existent voter fraud. On the other hand Republicans have passed several laws that actually suppress voter rights, which could very well determine a close election, in fact they're counting on it.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The difference there is Democrats haven't enacted a bunch of arbitrary laws against the non-existent voter fraud. On the other hand Republicans have passed several laws that actually suppress voter rights, which could very well determine a close election, in fact they're counting on it.

Not disagreeing with that, but I'm saying voting rights/fraud is going to suck all the oxygen out of the room and very little attention is going to be paid to actual policy and platforms.

This entire recall has almost been entirely about Covid and the nutjob who could possibly replace Newsom, as if those are the only problems CA faces.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
D

Deleted member 215

As a native Californian, I completely agree. If Elder somehow wins, I'm out of here.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1437784899755380736/

I have a friend who recently moved to Illinois for grad school and he wants me to move out there with him. I visited him there this summer and I liked it. Starting to think moving there might not be such a bad idea (already souring a bit on this state because of the drought and wildfires. Larry Elder as governor would be the last straw).

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that Elder's ads are the biggest factor in motivating Democrats to turn out the vote, once they started you saw the polling gap go from 2% to 20%.
I hope so. The fact Elder is already stirring the pot demanding an investigation into supposed voter fraud if he loses, makes me postal. I am a mail-in CA voter and I assure you there is nothing gerrymandered with my ballot.

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I have a friend who recently moved to Illinois for grad school and he wants me to move out there with him. I visited him there this summer and I liked it. Starting to think moving there might not be such a bad idea (already souring a bit on this state because of the drought and wildfires. Larry Elder as governor would be the last straw).

Here’s what I’ve heard about Illinois compared to California

Higher and more taxes than CA
Even less to show for the those high taxes
Higher crime than CA (although probably Chicago accounts for a lot of it)
Bad weather

Honestly, if the GOP wanted to point to a state that is the posterchild for failed Democrat policies they should probably be pointing their crosshairs at IL before CA. Probably the main reason they don’t is because IL isn’t cool and smug enough.

D

Deleted member 215

Here’s what I’ve heard about Illinois compared to California

Higher and more taxes than CA
Even less to show for the those high taxes
Higher crime than CA (although probably Chicago accounts for a lot of it)
Bad weather

Honestly, if the GOP wanted to point to a state that is the posterchild for failed Democrat policies they should probably be pointing their crosshairs at IL before CA. Probably the main reason they don’t is because IL isn’t cool and smug enough.
I loved Chicago. I was surprised by how not janky it seemed compared to SF (obviously I didn't see the high-crime areas). Don't get me wrong, Illinois is no CA, but I could see living there. Especially considering he and his girlfriend live in a brand new one-bedroom apartment for $1300 a month (they were paying $3000 a month for a studio here in the Bay).

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I loved Chicago. I was surprised by how not janky it seemed compared to SF (obviously I didn't see the high-crime areas). Don't get me wrong, Illinois is no CA, but I could see living there. Especially considering he and his girlfriend live in a brand new one-bedroom apartment for $1300 a month (they were paying $3000 a month for a studio here in the Bay).

For me the arctic winters and hot humid summers are a deal breaker.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Even the local new stations, who are always non-partisan, are asking how they could possibly know this before ballots are cast or counted. It's like just before the football game claiming the other team is going to cheat and win.

However, look at the upside here, it's pissing off Democrats in a blue state and you can bet your ass it's motivating them to vote.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
For me the arctic winters and hot humid summers are a deal breaker.
Same for me even though I love Chicago and everything it has to offer. My aunt and uncle just announced that after 6 years of living in Florida (where they moved after a lifetime in Ohio), they are moving to Chicago despite the weather so they can be closer to the grands, who are split between Chicago and Milwaukee.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Even the local new stations, who are always non-partisan, are asking how they could possibly know this before ballots are cast or counted. It's like just before the football game claiming the other team is going to cheat and win.

However, look at the upside here, it's pissing off Democrats in a blue state and you can bet your ass it's motivating them to vote.

Trump was saying this about the 2020 election at least 3 months before we voted.

Top Bottom
1 2