Cats

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
So I brought Polly into the house because she kept being beat up by Pete. I figured that would be the end of it, because she's always been the most timid of the bunch.

...but no. As it turns out, all it did was cause Pete to turn his aggression on Fuzzy. Now she's being beat up and harassed by Pete, and is actually taking it much worse than Polly ever did, fretting far more, and losing weight. I'm now acclimating her to the house as well.

I don't know what it is that made Pete so bullying and territorial, but he's incredibly mean to his sisters.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
So I brought Polly into the house because she kept being beat up by Pete. I figured that would be the end of it, because she's always been the most timid of the bunch.

...but no. As it turns out, all it did was cause Pete to turn his aggression on Fuzzy. Now she's being beat up and harassed by Pete, and is actually taking it much worse than Polly ever did, fretting far more, and losing weight. I'm now acclimating her to the house as well.

I don't know what it is that made Pete so bullying and territorial, but he's incredibly mean to his sisters.
I was about to write "has he been vaccinated", (for lamentably, this has become a sequence of letters and words that is now almost automatic) when I belatedly realised that the question I really wished to ask is whether he has had his Visit To The Vet for the purpose of curbing or curtailing his reproductive desires, or urges.

Last edited:

Renzatic

Reaction score
I was about to write "has he been vaccinated", (for lamentably, this has become a sequence of letters and words that is now almost automatic) when I realised that the question I really wished to ask is whether he has had his Visit To The Vet for the purpose of curtailing his reproductive urges.

Yup. He received the snip while he was still a kitten.

He's great towards people. Always friendly, comes when called, always wants to play and be pet. But when it comes to the other cats, he's a jealous bully. No idea why.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
For that you need a goat, since it will mow the lawn for free. Downside: will also eat things should leave alone.
There is an area in eastside downtown Portland (between 11th and 12th, south of Morrison) that has come to be known as the "Goat Blocks" because a developer cleared the vegetation from the neglected area by bringing in a herd of goats.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
He's the cuddly one 😻
IMG_5256.jpegIMG_5262.jpeg

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
We are currently looking for a British Short Hair as after doing our research, they fit our house the best in terms of temperament etc. I am not really a car person but have been overruled by the 3 females I live with on this one lol. Plenty of these for sale but want to make sure we source a female BSH from a reputable breeder.

8f31aa657a06738f166f2b2b974e096e.jpg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
A cat will walk over fire to snag a piece of chicken, I know that much. I learned a long time ago to take my plate with me back to the kitchen if I'd gone out to the deck for lunch and got there with some chicken and then thought something like "oh I know what would go great with this...."

Meanwhile my most favorite cat-caught-stealing collection is this one:

Renzatic

Reaction score
A cat will walk over fire to snag a piece of chicken, I know that much. I learned a long time ago to take my plate with me back to the kitchen if I'd gone out to the deck for lunch and got there with some chicken and then thought something like "oh I know what would go great with this...."

Meanwhile my most favorite cat-caught-stealing collection is this one:

#7 reminds me of something one of my old cats did once. I had a glass of milk, and he decided he wanted a taste, so he stuck his head in, and...

...REALIZED IT WAS STUCK! So he started trashing his head around, and running into walls until I managed to stop him, and pull the glass off his head. Lucky for him, it was plastic.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
#7 reminds me of something one of my old cats did once. I had a glass of milk, and he decided he wanted a taste, so he stuck his head in, and...

...REALIZED IT WAS STUCK! So he started trashing his head around, and running into walls until I managed to stop him, and pull the glass off his head. Lucky for him, it was plastic.

Yeah stuff like that does happen. One of the cats up at the family farm was missing for three days, turned up dragging his sorry self and an attached empty mayo jar backwards up the farm lane, apparently having fished that jar out of the trash down at a neighboring farm. My kinfolk extricated him by applying liquid soap around the jar lid and his neck fur in that area. Next step was gonna be try to hacksaw the bottom of the jar off, so it's nice that the soap trick worked. Kitty was grateful enough not to complain about the ensuing warm bath and toweling activity. Vet later said only thing saved the cat's life was condensation from his breath in the jar overnights, when the temperature had dropped and the cat was smart enough to turn so the liquid ran towards him. He quit venturing down the road after that and started hanging out underfoot near the door to the milkroom where he'd been taken for the rescue and washing-up process.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yeah stuff like that does happen. One of the cats up at the family farm was missing for three days, turned up dragging his sorry self and an attached empty mayo jar backwards up the farm lane, apparently having fished that jar out of the trash down at a neighboring farm. My kinfolk extricated him by applying liquid soap around the jar lid and his neck fur in that area. Next step was gonna be try to hacksaw the bottom of the jar off, so it's nice that the soap trick worked. Kitty was grateful enough not to complain about the ensuing warm bath and toweling activity. Vet later said only thing saved the cat's life was condensation from his breath in the jar overnights, when the temperature had dropped and the cat was smart enough to turn so the liquid ran towards him. He quit venturing down the road after that and started hanging out underfoot near the door to the milkroom where he'd been taken for the rescue and washing-up process.

It's a fremen cat. He was born knowing how to use a stillsuit.

blue-eyed-cat-names.jpg.webp

Top Bottom
1 2