Classified documents found in former Biden office

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
But the Dems now have a chance to have someone else. The question is will they take it?

I don't think they will. One bad day for Biden doesn't mean you throw in the towel. Some people are acting like he was caught red-handed eating a live human baby. He wasn't. He was cleared of wrong-doing and picked up some insults along the way. This isn't the end of Biden's career. There's a lot of time between now and voting. Soon we'll be on to the next story.

That's my prediction.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Maybe not this alone. But he is going to be under pressure to assure voters that he is OK. The first attempt last night didn't go well.

So at this point every little gaffe, misstep and stumble will be magnified and now at least it seems as CNN and others are willing to do so.

There are a few different types of people looking this:

1) First you have those who have been saying this all along. This just validates their suspicions.

2) You have those who wondered, but weren't really paying much attention but now are starting to wonder even harder. Will these people still vote for Biden? Even if they don't vote for Trump, they may simply stay home.

3) Those who knew in their minds, but didn't really want to believe it. Now they have no choice. These people may turn or return to Trump.

4) Those who actually knew but thought they could keep it under wraps. Cover's off folks. They would vote for a yellow dog if it had a D beside its name.

There is also the concept that no one, even here, really wants Biden. He is there because he beat Trump and in theory could do it again, but still he is no one's first choice. So this opens the door for Newsom or even Whittmer. But they will need to get on it now because at this point, the DNC could run a sem-real primary. Get much later in the year and they get stuck with Kamala.
As I've said here before, I'd rather someone younger than Biden were running on the D side, but it's not going to happen unless he suffers a medical setback or other event that causes him to back out. So, barring that, it's going to be Biden vs. Trump. I don't think Manchin or any other third-party/independent candidate can win, though it remains to be seen if they'd hurt the D or R nominee the most.

So, amidst all the talk about Biden's memory, it's going to come down to which candidate is preferred, be it because of personality, policies, or some other factor. You probably won't agree, but for me, Biden is the clear choice over Trump for many reasons. Call it the lesser of two evils if you will, but in my lifetime I've voted for people because I thought their opponent would be worse. It's also worth remembering that, despite his age and cognitive status, he's done a pretty good job running the country. Again, you probably won't concur, but his administration has accomplished a lot.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I don't think they will. One bad day for Biden doesn't mean you throw in the towel. Some people are acting like he was caught red-handed eating a live human baby. He wasn't. He was cleared of wrong-doing and picked up some insults along the way. This isn't the end of Biden's career. There's a lot of time between now and voting. Soon we'll be on to the next story.

That's my prediction.
And it isn't something that they can run on. Their candidate has way worse optics when it comes to looking "put together."

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
CNN has a video of everyone's favorite legal analyst, Jeffrey Toobin, commenting on Biden's naming El-Sisi president of Mexico last night:

People much younger than Biden make verbal errors like this. Toobin says this will be the only moment in the press conference people will remember. Maybe, but I wonder what event in Toobin's career people will recall.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

That's my prediction.

But is his memory going to get better? This is an ongoing issue, not a single event.

Sadly, I think the Newsom possibility has sailed. I suspect he wants to. But out of respect for Biden isn't making a move.

If Trump is as bad as many here think, would it not be worth disrespecting Biden to prevent a second Trump term?

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
But is his memory going to get better? This is an ongoing issue, not a single event.

If Trump is as bad as many here think, would it not be worth disrespecting Biden to prevent a second Trump term?

First question. Probably not, but then again I believe everyone here has said the same thing. Who cares! In light of choosing Trump (memory as bad as well) over Biden, we all said Biden 10/10 times.

Second question. Sure in the world of make believe this would be perfect. I and probably a lot of people here would much rather see Newsom or some other national Democrat run against Hailey or name your pick for the Republican candidate other than Trump. Sadly this is the choice we got, not the choice we want.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

That's my prediction.
It's laughable, Republicans are suddenly like "you better act now, what are you going to do????" over just this, after everything that Trump is there's just no way to take them seriously. Next week this will be at the bottom of the political priority list.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
It's laughable, Republicans are suddenly like "you better act now, what are you going to do????" over just this, after everything that Trump is there's just no way to take them seriously. Next week this will be at the bottom of the political priority list.

I think that is wishful thinking on your part. Every gaffe or confused statement, and he makes a good number of them, will just bring it back to the forefront. And any attempt to shield him from the press will be met with suspicion.

I see it as an opening for the Dems who want Biden to step aside to push for it. While I am somewhat enjoying watching some of the freak out, I also don't want Biden replaced. I think he loses to just about anyone the R's run, even Trump.

Replace him with Newsom or Whittmer, they walk in over just about any R.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I was just talking to my wife about the death of both of my parents, I cannot remember the dates, let alone the year. Not justifying anything one way or the other for Biden but am concerned that maybe I have real memory issues, it's actually been like this for years and I'm not sure how abnormal it is TBH. I have dates and reminders in my calendar for this very reason.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I think that is wishful thinking on your part. Every gaffe or confused statement, and he makes a good number of them, will just bring it back to the forefront. And any attempt to shield him from the press will be met with suspicion.

I see it as an opening for the Dems who want Biden to step aside to push for it. While I am somewhat enjoying watching some of the freak out, I also don't want Biden replaced. I think he loses to just about anyone the R's run, even Trump.

Replace him with Newsom or Whittmer, they walk in over just about any R.
If you held Trump to the same standards I would be far more open to having this discussion, but the fact that you see this as worse than anything Trump has means there is no way you can do it reasonably. I mean that seriously, you only play one side at all times and never look at the big picture.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Right now, it is not about Trump. The President of this country was exposed by his own DOJ as having memory and cognitive issues. That is a separate issue from the election and anything Trump has done, is doing or may do.

Like it or not, that is going to be how much of the country sees it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Right now, it is not about Trump. The President of this country was exposed by his own DOJ as having memory and cognitive issues. That is a separate issue from the election and anything Trump has done, is doing or may do.

Disagree, let's wee where we are at in a couple of weeks.

Also, if you're not willing to discuss the shortcomings of Trump then it really disqualifies any opinions you have of Biden to anyone reading. Many of us on the Democratic side have voiced our issues with both Biden and Trump. The fact that you refuse to discuss him just bolsters that point.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score

I beg to differ on this. Trump is running for the Presidency. So his ability to recall facts and names, are very much applicable with this topic.

As for this issue at hand, Biden didn't redact the report and allowed a sense of transparency. Say what you will, but its my turn to not answer your question and ask another question to you, if your favorite candidate Trump would do the same.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Disagree, let's wee where we are at in a couple of weeks.

Also, if you're not willing to discuss the shortcomings of Trump then it really disqualifies any opinions you have of Biden to anyone reading. Many of us on the Democratic side have voiced our issues with both Biden and Trump. The fact that you refuse to discuss him just bolsters that point.

Agree on the couple of weeks.

I have discussed Trump. I think he is a narcissistic, pompous ass. But I also don't think he is a threat to the democracy of the country. I would highly prefer he not run, but he is so here we are.

I beg to differ on this. Trump is running for the Presidency. So his ability to recall facts and names, are very much applicable with this topic.

As for this issue at hand, Biden didn't redact the report and allowed a sense of transparency. Say what you will, but its my turn to not answer your question and ask another question to you, if your favorite candidate Trump would do the same.

Trump is NOT my favorite candidate. If I could wave a magic wand, it would be DeSantis followed by Manchin. Former governors make the best Presidents (Reagan, Clinton, W).

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
The President of this country was exposed by his own DOJ as having memory and cognitive issues.

Maybe they can have his doctors comment on his taxes next. Keep in mind, the goal of the investigation wasn't to ascertain his mental fitness. It was to determine his guilt in having documents he shouldn't have had.

Obviously it's not a good look. But this is nothing more than the opinion of one person not medically qualified to judge his mental fitness. He's certainly entitled to an opinion. I just think "exposed by his own DOJ" is a generous interpretation of what actually happened.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Maybe they can have his doctors comment on his taxes next. Keep in mind, the goal of the investigation wasn't to ascertain his mental fitness. It was to determine his guilt in having documents he shouldn't have had.

Obviously it's not a good look. But this is nothing more than the opinion of one person not medically qualified to judge his mental fitness. He's certainly entitled to an opinion. I just think "exposed by his own DOJ" is a generous interpretation of what actually happened.

He should be trained enough to ascertain whether or not someone is fit to stand trial. So he is not just some lay person.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't think so with this coming out.
With what coming out? That a prosecutor decided to publicly comment on the health of the president?
But the Dems now have a chance to have someone else. The question is will they take it?
They do? How do they go about doing that since primaries have started. It’s not like others decided to run.
I was just talking to my wife about the death of both of my parents, I cannot remember the dates, let alone the year. Not justifying anything one way or the other for Biden but am concerned that maybe I have real memory issues, it's actually been like this for years and I'm not sure how abnormal it is TBH. I have dates and reminders in my calendar for this very reason.
That’s normal. That’s human. I remember what my parents’ phone number was from 20 years ago. I have no clue what my mum’s number is today. When did my father die? At some point after I was diagnosed with cancer, but before I retired. Don’t ask me for a date.
It is not the job of the DOJ to investigate one’s ”memory and cognitive issues.” They are not physicians. Maybe you’re suggesting going to the DOJ for your next colonoscopy? Cause, dude…I wanna see that.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
He should be trained enough to ascertain whether or not someone is fit to stand trial. So he is not just some lay person.
This is a bold (and I would hope incorrect) assumption.

I do not believe mental health diagnosis is up to a career prosecutor, including fitness for trial. If Jack Smith decided not to charge but instead said “Nobody will believe this kook is sane and he has a rational insanity defense” in a report, I would not disregard it either, but is that how these things work?

At any rate, I get it, no Democrat would ignore a mental health diagnosis of Trump in a DOJ report either, but I’m not sure many prosecutors would have included those somewhat opinionated details in the report.

Not gonna lie, if a report about Trump came out that looked like that, I’d take it and run too.

We need better rules on handling classified documents, that’s my main takeaway.

But I will say, they thanked everyone for cooperating on the second page, and it’s curious they made sure to hammer home that he’s an elderly old man despite listing other reasons for reasonable doubt that have nothing to do with that, but the mere evidence and lack of. Which sort of makes it irrelevant whether he was sharp as a tack or a vegetable.

Hey, will we have a race and then we will decide at the ballot box who Americans deem most fit to serve. Of course, I doubt one side will accept the results if it doesn’t go their way, but I guess we’ll take one step at a time.

Maybe you’re suggesting going to the DOJ for your next colonoscopy? Cause, dude…I wanna see that.

Technically, one would not need to be an ass doctor to determine Trump is full of 💩.

*Proctologist, I meant, not ass doctor. My memory is bad too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2