Coffee, Café Culture, Culture, Chat, & Conversation...

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
A post prandial mug of coffee, Ethiopian coffee, with full fat, organic hot milk, and a dash of organic cream, beckons.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Ordered some coffee (El Salvador and Honduras), that is, I placed an order for coffee, one from El Salvador and another from Honduras.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Received an email to let me know that my coffee is en route and I can expect to receive it tomorrow (Friday November 5).

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Awaiting a delivery of coffee.

Meanwhile, I am sipping a mug of coffee: A blend (of my own devising) of Kenyan and Ethiopian coffee, with organic hot milk.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Just received an email to inform me that my coffee will be delayed; an email an hour ago mentioned something along the lines that delays were "due to volumes" whereas the most recent note simply states that the parcel has been delayed "due to a service disruption" (whatever that means).

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
A delicious and most welcome mug of coffee - a blend of Kenyan and Ethiopian coffee - (with organic hot milk) was consumed on my return from the farmers' market.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
This is bad.

Winter has arrived, and I am craving a spoon of sugar in my coffee.

I'm even worse, being inclined now and then as the weather cools to add a teaspoon of a commercial product to my 2/3 hot milk 1/3 coffee construction. It's something called Maxwell House International Café Français Beverage Mix.

I know, I know, what can I say. It's a weird concoction of ingredients with both dairy and nondairy components:​
"nondairy creamer [corn syrup solids, hydrogenated coconut oil, sodium caseinate (from milk), dipotassium phosphate, mono-and diglycerides, artificial flavor], sugar, instant coffee, maltodextrin, sodium citrate, contains less than 2% of natural and artificial flavor, artificial color, silicon dioxide."​
It's an inexcusable purchase nowadays, not least since the tins are now made of plastic. If I were half my age at this time, I wouldn't start to use it. But I'm set in my way of using it by now, so I indulge in a few tins a year.​

It puts an extra jolt into my first mug of coffee on a chilly grey morning. I've never just used it as intended, i.e. all by itself with some quantity of nearly boiling water. I just use it as a stir-in additive. Used to rely on it at work for late night program testing shifts, and kept a raft of tins of the stuff and some nonfat dry milk powder in the back of a desk drawer. At least it took the edge off the notoriously horrible coffee the IT group's pantry supplied.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I managed to defy the elements and restrain myself, refraining from adding that dreamed of, (heaped) spoon of (organic) brown sugar to my coffee.

At least for today.

Mind you, that sugar craving never strikes in summer, or spring, or, even, autumn.

Normally, the only time I ever take sugar in coffee, is, sometimes, when I treat myself to an espresso.

However, hot chocolate season is on us; for me, hot chocolate season lasts from early November until late February, perhaps, even the first week of March. And hot chocolate always, but always, takes sugar.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
My coffee today comprised a blend (of my own devising) of coffee from Honduras and coffee from El Salvador, with organic hot milk.

Top Bottom
1 2