Cybertruck photo leaked

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I imagine it'll be a short lived fad, like those boxy cube cars that were all the rage here a few years back.

It's ... weird. I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a V2 that takes a more traditional design direction.

I kind of appreciate doing something different, the stainless panels, but there's a lot of design that seemed a bit forced (if that makes sense). And they're actually reengineering it to have 4 motors and a jillion more HP, no telling when this will actually show up.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It's ... weird. I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a V2 that takes a more traditional design direction.

I kind of appreciate doing something different, the stainless panels, but there's a lot of design that seemed a bit forced (if that makes sense). And they're actually reengineering it to have 4 motors and a jillion more HP, no telling when this will actually show up.
If it were only not post apocalyptic Mad Maxy.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
If it were only not post apocalyptic Mad Maxy.

Part of me giggles over the design, it's gloriously absurd, maybe it will be spectacularly functional , owning one will be a hoot- but the other part of me thinks I'd feel like an asshole driving it, that it's just too much, I want to be a little more invisible.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
What will be interesting to know is how much towing will reduce range.
What will be interesting is seeing more powered trailers appear. Imagine, it you had a zero-inertia trailer, with its own battery pack. that adapted its drive to cancel tongue load. It would have wireless signal connections, and if it detected hitch loss, it would brake on its own. I am not talking just AirStream type things, but even utility trailers and the things you put a boat on. This is a market that is likely to blossom.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
What will be interesting is seeing more powered trailers appear. Imagine, it you had a zero-inertia trailer, with its own battery pack. that adapted its drive to cancel tongue load.

Taking that further, imagine a semi trailer that instead of having a conventional diesel powertrain, instead had a smaller diesel engine powering a generator that supplied not only the tractor's wheels, but the trailers wheels as well. A locomotive for the road.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
What will be interesting is seeing more powered trailers appear. Imagine, it you had a zero-inertia trailer, with its own battery pack. that adapted its drive to cancel tongue load. It would have wireless signal connections, and if it detected hitch loss, it would brake on its own. I am not talking just AirStream type things, but even utility trailers and the things you put a boat on. This is a market that is likely to blossom.

Totally agree, this wasn't really feasible when you're talking about ICE based propulsion, because there's too much hardware required: engine, exhaust, gas/tanks, all sorts of additional consumables.

I love the idea of reducing the tow weight and having active stability systems.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
1643075937790.jpeg

I want. 1977 Damnation alley.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
I grew up wanting to have a Ford F250 heavy duty. My grandpa always had ford pickups on the farm that I got to drive (way before I got my driver's license). Definitely were a highlight of my year.

That truck just hmmm.

Surprised how many e-mustang suvs I see here in socal. They look great and wow they're quick (I drive a Civic).

I'll never get out of my head the two shattered windows of the cyber truck lol.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
I like how the slightly ridiculous design reminds me of the future vehicles I drew as a little kid - the five year old in me just loves to look at pictures of the cybertruck.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like something out of the 80s movie Robocop.

View attachment 11239

More info here...

UGLY Futuristic Obelisk styling like I might expect from something like Sleeper. :) I wonder how big the bed is, most certainly not close to 8’ plywood size. Even 6’ would work as long as it was 4’ wide bed.

I never like the styling of the Avalanche either but that looks one hell of a lot more pleasing. Just take the avalanche and lower the hood a bit, unless you want a forward trunk.

7ECF6C91-D575-4354-ACF7-E3FBD34E811A.jpeg

Remove those side panels along the bed from a functionality standpoint, same with this Tesla. If it’s utility vehicle, sacrifice some styling for functionality. :)

Now this:

03C1F0F5-ED9D-4922-87CB-88BCD6FCB6EE.jpeg

✌️👍

Last edited:

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
UGLY Modern Obelisk styling. I wonder how big the bed is, most certainly not close to 8’ plywood size. Even 6’ would work as long as it was 4’ wide between the wheel wells.

I never like the styling of the Avalanche either but that looks one hell of a lot more pleasing.

With those side panels along the bed from a functionality standpoint, same with this Tesla. If it’s utility vehicle, sacrifice some styling for functionality. :)
I saw a photo online of someone selling their Ford F150 with an 8' bed and it reminded me how rarely I see long-bed trucks. It just looked so...weird.

There's no way Cybertruck has an 8' bed. I'd guess 6.

Top Bottom
1 2