Cybertruck photo leaked

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I wonder how big the bed is, most certainly not close to 8’ plywood size. Even 6’ would work as long as it was 4’ wide bed.

The original design target was being able to carry a 4' x 8' piece of plywood with the tailgate flipped down.

Though I'd wonder how many of these will ever carry plywood :D

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The original design target was being able to carry a 4' x 8' piece of plywood with the tailgate flipped down.

Though I'd wonder how many of these will ever carry plywood :D
Plywood is getting too expensive to be in construction anymore, but there are other construction materials like foam sheeting, drywall, chipboard, etc.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
View attachment 11283
I want. 1977 Damnation alley.
I want the Gigahorse, the plywood sheets are hauled in the back :D

1D1759E5-DA83-42F7-8BD4-38B7C846DCBE.jpeg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I saw a photo online of someone selling their Ford F150 with an 8' bed and it reminded me how rarely I see long-bed trucks. It just looked so...weird.

There's no way Cybertruck has an 8' bed. I'd guess 6.
I’d be good with six as my last pickup truck had a 6’ bed. Just lower the tailgate and stick a couple of 2x4s in there for support and secure with twine.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
In all seriousness it will be interesting to see how many people actually adopt this thing. I could be way off base here but I think most wouldn't want to be caught dead driving something that ugly and odd looking around. At least their cars look like cars, that things is just too out there for mainstream IMO.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I’d be good with six as my last pickup truck had a 6’ bed. Just lower the tailgate and stick a couple of 2x4s in there for support and secure with twine.

Two SD's ago it was a Crew with 8'. Never gain.

But the 5.5' on the F-150's is too small. The 6.75' is perfect.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
In all seriousness it will be interesting to see how many people actually adopt this thing. I could be way off base here but I think most wouldn't want to be caught dead driving something that ugly and odd looking around. At least their cars look like cars, that things is just too out there for mainstream IMO.

I think unless Tesla grenades, the reports of deposits is orders-of-magnitude off, or they just outright cancel it, I think it might be surprising. Several source claim over 1M deposits to date, so even if only 25% of the people take their vehicle, that's 250K, that's not trivial.

Like I said, I'm in guns ~n~ fishin' country, and two people, within a few blocks of me (who I'd put into that category) have deposits down, replacing Big Two branded trucks.

And yes, I have deposits down on: Cybertruck, F-150 Lightning, Silverado E and Rivian R1S ... o_O :LOL:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Plywood is getting too expensive to be in construction anymore, but there are other construction materials like foam sheeting, drywall, chipboard, etc.

Oh I meant like trucks have become fashion accessories, so many aren't doing "truck stuff" like hauling plywood. It's like Jeeps never going off road, or, hahahaha, the guy in front of me the other day, in his sissy little Land Rover that was afraid to drive through some standing water :ROFLMAO:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I think unless Tesla grenades, the reports of deposits is orders-of-magnitude off, or they just outright cancel it, I think it might be surprising. Several source claim over 1M deposits to date, so even if only 25% of the people take their vehicle, that's 250K, that's not trivial.
I suspect you're right on this, won't be surprised to see the roadways full of them. Hey, if it converts redneck coal-blowing Trumpnuts to all electric then I'm all for it.

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score

Like I said, I'm in guns ~n~ fishin' country, and two people, within a few blocks of me (who I'd put into that category) have deposits down, replacing Big Two branded trucks.

And yes, I have deposits down on: Cybertruck, F-150 Lightning, Silverado E and Rivian R1S ... o_O :LOL:
A LOT has changed in this space since Tesla started taking nominal deposits. When they started, the major manufacturers (and the non majors like Rivian) barely had a roadmap. Now they have actual trucks that are hitting the market before the Cybertruck even has a release date. When all you can choose from is a futuristic looking truck, people will choose the futuristic looking truck. When you can choose among 5 or more trucks, most at least look somewhat normal, I think that many, many people are going to choose the norm. And, like you, many probably aren't waiting just for the Cybertruck.

Just a guess.

NT1440

Power User
Reaction score
I suspect you're right on this, won't be surprised to see the roadways full of them. Hey, if it converts redneck coal-blowing Trumpnuts to all electric then I'm all for it.
I would expect any people like that who are converting to electric would stick to the more convention “truck-looking” offerings.

I honestly don’t know who this is for other than people with way too much money that wouldn’t actually use it like a truck in the first place, but that could also be said for a good chunk of current truck owners…

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I honestly don’t know who this is for other than people with way too much money that wouldn’t actually use it like a truck in the first place, but that could also be said for a good chunk of current truck owners…

Oh I meant like trucks have become fashion accessories, so many aren't doing "truck stuff" like hauling plywood. It's like Jeeps never going off road, or, hahahaha, the guy in front of me the other day, in his sissy little Land Rover that was afraid to drive through some standing water :ROFLMAO:

:D

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
And, like you, many probably aren't waiting just for the Cybertruck.

Oh, hahaha, I was just being silly, I don't have a deposit on any of those :D I have zero interest in this vehicle or a truck of any sorts, the one vehicle I do have interest in is the Rivian R1S which is the SUV flavor of their product but that's ~2 years out from our current purchasing cycle (and we LOVE our Jeep + Tesla combo), and I'm waiting to see if Rivian can produce more than 200 vehicles a week, get a service channel and the final price for the long range, 400 mile R1S option.

Got no dog in this hunt :)

FWIW, this would be my R1S config - Compass Yellow, 22" Sport Dark wheels, Explore Package:

1643321203757.png

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I would expect any people like that who are converting to electric would stick to the more convention “truck-looking” offerings.

For the record, I do truck stuff with mine almost every day. :D And "diesel" stuff several times a month.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
FWIW, this would be my R1S config - Compass Yellow, 22" Sport Dark wheels, Explore Package:

View attachment 11360
Sorry, man, but that thing is bfugly. I am not enthusiastic about Elon's concept, but the Rivian takes conventional and turns it into bleurgh. If I want an electric pickup, why not use the difference in platform to fix what is wrong with modern trucks? There is so much potential and so little imagination.

NT1440

Power User
Reaction score
For the record, I do truck stuff with mine almost every day. :D And "diesel" stuff several times a month.
I don’t doubt it, it’s just funny to me to see big trucks in the driveways of suburban homes that clearly don’t get used to move anything other than people. I know someone who bought a RAM to move a kayak trailer that a civic could easily handle.

I don’t own a truck, I use my XC70 as a hauler/tow my trailer. I’m very interested in getting one when I buy land to put a barn on, but I want a small S10 frame (or something that size) to drop an electric crate motor into.

It’s the “my truck is part of my identity” people who confuse me.

Top Bottom
1 2