Donald Trump 2024 Presidential Campaign Announcement Nov. 15

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Never said they did. There are other ways to ignore the Constitution.

People died as a result of some of the protests as well.

Yes, they did. And that’s not good. But the BLM were massive events in local areas across the country. People traveled all over the country to go to Trump’s rally. For varying reasons, but all of them involved supporting Trump. Many did nothing wrong, but many did. There has been zero evidence that any meaningful amount of the Jan 6 rioters were anything but far-right Trump supporters. No evidence at all.

Meanwhile, the BLM protests had many counter-protesters, and like any such socially and politically charged event in big cities, looters and rioters who have no political affiliation or cares at all will take advantage of such things.

Trump supporters when you lump everyone at Jan. 6 with the rioters and criminals. That’s a fair point. And this was never about people who showed up in hats and waved flags at a rally, then went home. This is about the hundreds or few thousand folks who broke into the Capitol, and the people who defend and refuse to condemn them.

There were many more BLM protesters - of all races, religions, social backgrounds, ages - who marched peacefully. The right had no problem calling the whole movement a terrorist movement.

Meanwhile, these lunatics are defending actual terrorists, many of them cheerlead by republicans in Congress.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The looming question as always What about STUPID back home? :unsure:

Per FiveThirtyEight's latest scrutiny of related polling, Trump's not that popular back home any more.

I'm assuming there are some stupid respondents in the polls, although if they are not adequately represented in the polls, maybe that has somehow affected their over-representation in the House of Representatives, ya think?

The Republican honchos read polls. So it's not like they don't know their guy's charm has faded. That just affirms my notion that the reason they don't stand up and renounce the guy is sheer cowardice left over from six years of kowtowing to Trump because he initially brought them a slightly expanded base.

bwinter88

Fight, or nose: pick one
Reaction score
The thing is I can list any number of times the Dems have touted ignoring the laws of the land. So both sides do it when it benefits them.
No they don't. That's flat-out wrong. Both sides do not challenge election results endlessly without evidence and then lie repeatedly to inspire crowds to halt our election process. Only one side does that.

Were you referring to another time we're unaware of when a Democratic president ignored the constitution? Surely there would have been congressional investigations held by Republican congress about such a violation. Can you point me to that? When did that happen?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
No they don't. That's flat-out wrong. Both sides do not challenge election results endlessly without evidence and then lie repeatedly to inspire crowds to halt our election process. Only one side does that.

I didn't say anything about election results. I said laws.

As to the second part of the question, I get railed on for going OT so I am not going to go there here. But I will ask when did Democrats start caring what the Constitution says?

bwinter88

Fight, or nose: pick one
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about election results. I said laws.

As to the second part of the question, I get railed on for going OT so I am not going to go there here. But I will ask when did Democrats start caring what the Constitution says?
If you're just going to spew Fox News narratives without any substance to discuss I don't know what kind of response you're expecting here. If you can't provide us with an example of a constitutional breach by Democrats comparable to Trump et al attempting to subvert our elections, we can consider your bluff called.

I would point to HR 1 as one of many good examples of Dems caring about the Constitution.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The thing is I can list any number of times the Dems have touted ignoring the laws of the land. So both sides do it when it benefits them.
I’m afraid this is excuse making equivalence kicking in again. Dems were a different breed in the 19th century. How about an example from the last 70 years? Although Dems have gerrymandered, they have not gone to the Anti-Democratic extremes we see the 21st century Republicans reaching for.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Per FiveThirtyEight's latest scrutiny of related polling, Trump's not that popular back home any more.

I'm assuming there are some stupid respondents in the polls, although if they are not adequately represented in the polls, maybe that has somehow affected their over-representation in the House of Representatives, ya think?

The Republican honchos read polls. So it's not like they don't know their guy's charm has faded. That just affirms my notion that the reason they don't stand up and renounce the guy is sheer cowardice left over from six years of kowtowing to Trump because he initially brought them a slightly expanded base.
Signs are hopeful, but I’ll repeat the Trump Corruption, put a stake in Democracy movement is not dead by a long shot, as long as Republicans can get themselves elected by whatever shady means. 🤔

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Signs are hopeful, but I’ll repeat the Trump Corruption, put a stake in Democracy movement is not dead by a long shot, as long as Republicans can get themselves elected by whatever shady means. 🤔

Nonetheless there is cause for hope now at least in terms of protecting against a repeat of the 2020 shenanigans related to the pro-Trump Republican attempts to alter already state-certified presidential electoral vote counts. It's looking like the Electoral Count Reform Act as reconciled between House and Senate versions has a really good chance of landing on Biden's desk in the waning days of this Congressional session (via being bundled into the omnibus spending bill).

Schumer and McConnell both on board with getting a reform in place, so there are likely going to be enough votes. Let's put it this way, that act's reconciliation is not the one now standing in the way of passage of the omnibus bill: there are a few other bones being picked over before the spending bill can be shoved over the finish line.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score

Beautiful. Keep digging Donald.
Maybe he can get together with Mike Lindell and they can sell pillows with Trump's likeness printed on them.

But really, a former president hawking $99 cards of himself? And this was the "big announcement?"

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
But really, a former president hawking $99 cards of himself?

How pathetic. And desperate. A United States President stooping so low, casting himself as some kind of super hero - all to feed his fragile ego.

I'd like to say what a clown. But I respect and admire real clowns. He's just a joke.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
How pathetic. And desperate. A United States President stooping so low, casting himself as some kind of super hero - all to feed his fragile ego.

I'd like to say what a clown. But I respect and admire real clowns. He's just a joke.
If you go to the site that sells these cards, some of them have 45 all over the photoshopped version of Trump. Two of them (racing one and the golf one) have 47 in the image. Getting a little ahead of himself... Oh and finally admitting the 46 (Biden) is legitimate.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe he can get together with Mike Lindell and they can sell pillows with Trump's likeness printed on them.

But really, a former president hawking $99 cards of himself? And this was the "big announcement?"
Why wouldn’t he sell pillows? That fits right in there with his vibe.

Even the cult members are waking up, which I began to doubt would ever happen.

Top Bottom
1 2