Donald Trump 2024 Presidential Campaign Announcement Nov. 15

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
What information could he get from Raffensperger that is not already known for two years?

I'm guessing 1st hand/person sworn testimony in front of a grand jury, from a Republican secretary of state, about how trump over the phone demanded the election be falsely called for him, would be very compelling.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Firing on all cylinders. Republicans are having a momentary glitch and having some reflection that maybe moderating themselves is a good choice. So when the DoJ brings the hammer down, will they resort to their usual smear tactics and circus antics, or will they allow the law to play out?

If they played their cards right and had a united front, they could rid themselves of Trump, appeal to moderates by showing they respect the law, maybe even purge themselves of the Congress trolls like Gaetz, Gosar, MTG, etc.

Tim Scott’s name is floating around a lot as a potential candidate. I don’t like his policies and think he’s weak and flaky, but he’s a nice guy and the best the modern GOP has to offer.

But I don’t see any of that happening. They’ll revert to letting the conspiracies fly and further eroding trust in anything that doesn’t agree with the loud minority of Trumpers fantasy.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Firing on all cylinders. Republicans are having a momentary glitch and having some reflection that maybe moderating themselves is a good choice. So when the DoJ brings the hammer down, will they resort to their usual smear tactics and circus antics, or will they allow the law to play out?

If they played their cards right and had a united front, they could rid themselves of Trump, appeal to moderates by showing they respect the law, maybe even purge themselves of the Congress trolls like Gaetz, Gosar, MTG, etc.

Tim Scott’s name is floating around a lot as a potential candidate. I don’t like his policies and think he’s weak and flaky, but he’s a nice guy and the best the modern GOP has to offer.

But I don’t see any of that happening. They’ll revert to letting the conspiracies fly and further eroding trust in anything that doesn’t agree with the loud minority of Trumpers fantasy.

I don't get why so many Republican officials are still afraid of Trump lashing out at them, and afraid of Trump's most vocal and hard core supporters.

The midterm elections are over. Trump only announced his 2024 run immediately after that because he thinks being a candidate might deter DoJ from indicting him. The usual period of "whew, let's put our feet up for a few months" after an election is still going to happen. He's just out there looking awkward as hell with no competition and no support either, just this GOP half-silence after his dining with Nazis gig and a lot of belated "oh well i don't condone that" or "oh he's trump being trump" baloney.

Whether he is or is not indicted, Trump has become box office poison in general elections, clearly, and additionally he's now the head of a business organization found guilty of 17 felony counts of being... well... felonious, with or without his having paid detailed attention to those businesses. And there remain the other investigations and the result of the 1/6 panel's recommendations to the DoJ.

So why on earth does the GOP want to let that albatross of a past candidate try to make them into his bandwagon for another go? They should be out there saying enough is enough and the Republican Party needs to move on. But no, they have characters from House Freedom Caucus all champing at the bit to launch the 2023 session of the House with a clown show of all Biden investigations all the time (after a teaser of giving McCarthy a hard time becoming Speaker). 😵‍💫

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I don't get why so many Republican officials are still afraid of Trump lashing out at them, and afraid of Trump's most vocal and hard core supporters.

Yeah... Time for them to grow a spine, dump trump and his lackeys, reacquaint themselves with the Constitution, and lash back 10x. That might even be viewed as courageous!

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
I think it's a simple matter of numbers. Most elections are very close. Look at the recent Georgia election where a completely incompetent Herschel Walker lost by just 2 or 3 percent. Trump still has a loyal following. It may be dwindling and it may be small on a national scale but it may still be enough to take an election away from the GOP if Trump runs a third party candidate or says something nasty about the GOP candidate.

On the other hand if the GOP runs a normal, sane candidate, they may get enough independent votes to overcome the MAGA crowd. I don't know, but I think "afraid" is the operative word.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
after listening to Rachael meadow and how 30 GOP congressmen called mark to try to get trump to declare marshal law There is no doubt the GOP no longer care about the constitution.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah... Time for them to grow a spine, dump trump and his lackeys, reacquaint themselves with the Constitution, and lash back 10x. That might even be viewed as courageous!

They all want a bunch of their crowd to go first...

The looming question as always What about STUPID back home? :unsure:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
after listening to Rachael meadow and how 30 GOP congressmen called mark to try to get trump to declare marshal law There is no doubt the GOP no longer care about the constitution.

The thing is I can list any number of times the Dems have touted ignoring the laws of the land. So both sides do it when it benefits them.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The thing is I can list any number of times the Dems have touted ignoring the laws of the land. So both sides do it when it benefits them.
Would be nice if Republicans were as outraged by the Capitol insurrection as they were a BLM march. People died there man, it's not apples to apples. This whole "both sides are equally as bad" is so disingenuous sometimes that it's insulting.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Show me where Dems have called for Martial Law to be imposed after their side lost an election. :unsure:

Never said they did. There are other ways to ignore the Constitution.

Would be nice if Republicans were as outraged by the Capitol insurrection as they were a BLM march. People died there man, it's not apples to apples. This whole "both sides are equally as bad" is so disingenuous sometimes that it's insulting.

People died as a result of some of the protests as well.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Both sides, eh. There are far more than two sides when it comes to how the rule of law plays out.

There's the law, the letter of the law, the interpreted law, the spirit of the law, the context in which lawbreaking is said to have occurred or did in fact occur, and the manner in which law enforcement and civilians have interacted in a collision between lawbreaking and respect for rule of law. And then there are the people behind the labels: the lawmakers, law enforcement officers, political activists, bystanders, judges, professional lobbyists, journalists, social media posters, armchair quarterbacks, and plain civilians. Social workers and psychiatrists, not as often as should be the case. It takes a village to raise a kid, not an army of mental health workers? Or was that only true a long time ago?

So yeah we can always end up calling each other out in a political discussion over lawbreaking and who even cares about the rule of law... and then "which law was that again now?"

We all have our anecdotes and reams of data, too.

Show me where Dems have called for Martial Law to be imposed after their side lost an election. :unsure:

Yeah, not yet. I suppose the state of gotcha politics is such nowadays that the Republicans would love it if somehow Biden ended up having to declare martial law because a bunch of Democrats completely lost it over some as yet unknown "triggering event."

And then what? Republican militias take up their constitutional arms because a Democrat in the White House will have suspended the writ of habeus corpus? And then what, those Rs join the rabble of Dems who were provoked into burning down some government building, and urge those Dems to help overthrow the deep state and restore Donald Trump to the throne after the conjoined and invincible troops of Dem rabble and Republican militia have defeated the joint forces of the USA's military under the infamous command of the Man From Delaware?​
Sounds dramatic. But hey, any off the wall scenario is possible in the cloakrooms off the conference rooms of the House Freedom Caucus these days if you ask me. Or do they meet in tunnels?​

It's pathetic. Trump stands out there in front of a bank of flags to announce his re-election plans in a vain hope that the timing will preclude his ever facing justice. And the wacko denizens of the incoming House majority, the skinny majority, meanwhile plan to impeach Biden for having had a son named Hunter who was computer-literate enough to own a laptop once upon a time.

The question is whether Republicans are crazy enough to risk setting up a false flag provocation for Biden to declare martial law, and for them to figure they could plausibly deny involvement if the situation finally evolved into a "bipartisan" excuse to try again to overthrow a sitting government and put Trump back into the White House.

I already don't like the idea that more people --higher up the chain than merely thuggish Trump fanbois-- in the 1/6 incursion into the Capitol may end up feeling free to spend the rest of their lives airbrushing any lingering traces of their participation in a seditious plot... or preparing the next version. Treasonous acts not called to account are sometimes just a rehearsal.

Top Bottom
1 2