FBI executed search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Was prowling around reading more newspapers' accounts of the 11th Circuit Court's decision... ran into note about the panel's makeup in the NYT piece (paywall removed)

So it's nice Trump can't lay it off on being biased because of source of appointments. Two were his.
that wont stop him and has not stopped him in the past.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Meanwhile, some guy whose name is a synonym for drooling vegetable says that Individual-ONE can declassify documents through telekinesis

(with apologies to individuals in a persistent vegetative state)

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Meanwhile, some guy whose name is a synonym for drooling vegetable says that Individual-ONE can declassify documents through telekinesis

Jeeeez...what a nut job.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m enjoying reading the decision.

Plaintiff suggests that he may have declassified these docu- ments when he was President. But the record contains no evidence that any of these records were declassified. And before the special master, Plaintiff resisted providing any evidence that he had declas- sified any of these documents. See Doc. No. 97 at 2–3., Sept. 19, 2022, letter from James M. Trusty, et al., to Special Master Ray- mond J. Dearie, at 2–3. In any event, at least for these purposes, the declassification argument is a red herring because declassifying an official document would not change its content or render it per- sonal. So even if we assumed that Plaintiff did declassify some or all of the documents, that would not explain why he has a personal interest in them.
This factor—the Plaintiff’s personal interest (or lack thereof) in the documents—also weighs against exercising jurisdiction.

Looks like Judge Cannon is an exception, not the norm. Thank god. They rip her pretty well here too, in legalese.

I’m so glad they directly called his argument about declassification a red herring. That’s what it is, and it needed to be called that instead of looking for reasons to placate Trump. I’m willing to grant the judge the benefit of a doubt that maybe she just wanted this off her plate and to stay out of Trump’s warpath, but who knows.

Either way, this whole process won’t buy Trump much time.
In Trump World, besides the atrocious stench, if he says it, it happened. :oops:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

What a sick egotistical LOSER. So besides the obvious laugh, sober up that there are millions of little losers/suckers who would vote again for this POS. :oops:

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
So it's nice Trump can't lay it off on being biased because of source of appointments. Two were his.
He'll say "It's so unfair. They are RINO's. He'll say they are part of the deep state out to get him. He was misled by McConnell into nominating them. It's a terrible thing that's happening to the country right now. The country is being destroyed. Hillary's emails, Benghazi, Hunter's laptop, etc. ad nauseam." And he'll probably ask for more contributions to Stop the Steal.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Jeeeez...what a nut job.
In Trump World, besides the atrocious stench, if he says it, it happened. :oops:

In at least 30k instances, Trump had said something but whatever it was had not happened as he presented it. But hey, what he said about using his mind to declassify documents, he said on Fox News, where facts are sometimes invented and otherwise often elusive or contextually misplaced.

Heh, imagine if people could make stuff happen by just thinking about it. For all we know some form of being has already evolved to that point and the unfortunate results of that clash of energies are responsible for all the weird multidecimal constants we have to use to explain the physics of the universe we live in. All just because two guys a long time ago --but very much like the former guy-- disagreed on whether to declassify or reclassify some purloined classified documents.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
well 20.00 should cover the payment for the quality of lawyers willing to work for him now. If I were one I would make him pay for my lawyer up front before I started working for him :ROFLMAO:

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Can't believe Sith Lord Trump thinks "The Force" really exists.

Also I know this doesn't quite fit in here, but hey... Judge Cannon hooked her wagon up to that star. I loved the point where the 3 Judge panel 11th Circuit Court decision flat out slapped her ass down. I have heard that Judges especially appellant Judges don't like to overly criticized another Judge. However this decision read like a complete "what were you thinking?" dope slap. You can see it on page 17 "is reason enough to conclude that the district court abused its discretion in exercising equitable jurisdiction here."

Wow!

lizkat

Reaction score
Can't believe Sith Lord Trump thinks "The Force" really exists.

Also I know this doesn't quite fit in here, but hey... Judge Cannon hooked her wagon up to that star. I loved the point where the 3 Judge panel 11th Circuit Court decision flat out slapped her ass down. I have heard that Judges especially appellant Judges don't like to overly criticized another Judge. However this decision read like a complete "what were you thinking?" dope slap. You can see it on page 17 "is reason enough to conclude that the district court abused its discretion in exercising equitable jurisdiction here."

Wow!

That opinion was quite plainly written and I really enjoyed reading it. Not always the case and I'd more often describe the process of reading legal opinions as "plowing through" them. This one just briskly went through the tests to be applied and checked them off one by one. It can't be a great thrill for the defense to search for "Plaintiff did not" [or equivalent sense] and come up with so many hits as in this ruling...

samples:

Plaintiff has not even attempted to show that he has a need to know the information contained in the classified documents. Nor has he established that the current administration has waived that requirement for these documents. And even if he had, that, in and of itself, would not explain why Plaintiff has an individual interest in the classified documents.

Plaintiff suggests that he may have declassified these documents when he was President. But the record contains no evidence that any of these records were declassified. And before the special master, Plaintiff resisted providing any evidence that he had declassified any of these documents. See Doc. No. 97 at 2–3., Sept. 19, 2022, letter from James M. Trusty, et al., to Special Master Raymond J. Dearie, at 2–3.

In any event, at least for these purposes, the declassification argument is a red herring because declassifying an official document would not change its content or render it personal. So even if we assumed that Plaintiff did declassify some or all of the documents, that would not explain why he has a personal interest in them.

We cannot conclude that Plaintiff would be irreparably injured by a stay regarding the documents marked classified. Plaintiff suggests that he could be harmed by the disclosure of sensitive information. Doc. No. 84 at 8. But permitting the United States to retain the documents does not suggest that they will be released; indeed, a purpose of the United States’s efforts in investigating the recovered classified documents is to limit unauthorized disclosure of the information they contain. Not only that, but any authorized official who makes an improper disclosure risks her own criminal liability. See, e.g., 18 U.S.C. § 798. We also doubt that Plaintiff risks irreparable injury in the form of disclosure of privileged information; he has not, for example, asserted attorney-client privilege over any of the classified documents.

lizkat

Reaction score
It gets better. As of today per Washington Post piece (paywall removed)

Dearie asks Trump lawyers whether they believe FBI lied about seized documents

The Mar-a-Lago special master on Thursday ordered Donald Trump’s lawyers to state in a court filing whether they believe FBI agents lied about documents seized from the former president’s Florida residence in a court-authorized search last month, or claimed to have taken items that were not actually in Trump’s possession.

In a Thursday afternoon filing, U.S. District Judge Raymond J. Dearie — the special master — told Trump’s legal team to state by Sept. 30 whether they believe any of the seized items were incorrectly described in the Justice Department’s 11-page inventory list, which said some of the documents were highly classified.

Dearie also told them to say whether they are claiming that any items on the inventory list were not in fact taken from the premises.

I really do hope these lawyers have lawyers.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I watch Hannity in his interview with Trump… How can Hannity sit there with a straight face? It’s something I’ve often wondered in these interviews. Most of the people who interview may be revolting, but they aren’t stupid. Hannity has to know this is a dumb man he’s interviewing, one who is giving ridiculous answers.

Even the Fox comments on the article about the Hannity interview are pretty scathing…

I've been doing a lot of abstract painting lately, extremely abstract. No brush, no paint, no canvas, I just think about it.

😂

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh snap. Now the judge has ordered a list of exactly what Trump and his lawyers claim the FBI planted. They may have to pull out the big guns and unleash Smigel Giuliani on the court. This could potentially close the court for weeks while a hazmat team cleans all the body fluids off the walls and floor.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I watch Hannity in his interview with Trump… How can Hannity sit there with a straight face? It’s something I’ve often wondered in these interviews. Most of the people who interview may be revolting, but they aren’t stupid. Hannity has to know this is a dumb man he’s interviewing, one who is giving ridiculous answers.

😂
thats why they get paid the big bucks it takes al to of money to keep a straight face.

Top Bottom
1 2