FBI executed search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The problem with this case is that we may never know what these documents were. I would hope if they do prosecute him, that the public will have a better idea what these files were about. I’m not saying declassify them, but ie explain what type of nuclear secrets he had.

It would be great if they can be broadly characterized. For example: Intelligence sources and methods relating to <redacted> in Russia. Perhaps even going a bit further as to what was compromised (people, programs, assets, etc).

I'm hoping the FBI was on the job closely monitoring every foreign national from particular countries who visited or contacted Mar a Lago and other trump properties.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
You know, when this issue of unreturned documents first arose, before we really knew any details, I figured there could be a possibility Trump and his administration misplaced documents...
I also wouldn't give this possibility any credence. The National Archives apparently "negotiated" with Trump for many months about returning the documents. Failing that, they asked the DOJ to intervene, which also spent some time "negotiating" before finally issuing a subpoena. If these were simply misplaced documents and Trump was not trying to hide anything, he had plenty of opportunity to return them. He didn't. And he also didn't fully comply with the subpoena.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm hoping the FBI was on the job closely monitoring every foreign national from particular countries who visited or contacted Mar a Lago and other trump properties.

Shouldn't be too hard as the Trump Klan probably proudly posted pictures of their global corruption handshakes all over social media.

Another good forensics tool the FBI has in their shed is seeing any shady deal or meeting accusation hurled at Democrats as a confession by the accuser. It took them a while to crack the code, but just replace "They" with "I" and all is revealed.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The problem with this case is that we may never know what these documents were.

The problem with cases related to the documents is that there's no defense... and that Trump tacked on obstruction of the investigations while also trying to delay return of all the documents. Just having them was a felony. He's still committing felonies and obstructing justice if he has not returned them all.

The other problem of course is that the "documents problem" is not the only legal problem he faces.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The problem with cases related to the documents is that there's no defense... and that Trump tacked on obstruction of the investigations while also trying to delay return of all the documents. Just having them was a felony. He's still committing felonies and obstructing justice if he has not returned them all.

The other problem of course is that the "documents problem" is not the only legal problem he faces.

Felony you say............ Hmmmmmmmm............

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Imagine if Trump and his attorneys had handled it like described there. They would have gotten off scot free.
Mango is up to no good and may finally get due justice meted out. Biden's team made the discovery, reported it the same day to the National Archives, and returned the material the day after that. I'm sure he isn't hiding any more. Won't make bogus claims that he declassified them by simply thinking that. And he won't lie, lie, lie about the matter if questioned.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Mango is up to no good and may finally get due justice meted out. Biden's team made the discovery, reported it the same day to the National Archives, and returned the material the day after that. I'm sure he isn't hiding any more. Won't make bogus claims that he declassified them by simply thinking that. And he won't lie, lie, lie about the matter if questioned.

And it is supposedly being investigated too, as it should be.
Attorney General Merrick Garland has asked the US attorney in Chicago to investigate the matter, a source familiar with the matter tells CNN.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
And it is supposedly being investigated too, as it should be.

Yes as it should.

But if Biden is found to have had documents he was not supposed to have in a place they were not supposed to be, won’t it be hard to indict Trump on the same charge?

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
But if Biden is found to have had documents he was not supposed to have in a place they were not supposed to be, won’t it be hard to indict Trump on the same charge?

Better to ask Cmaier... but intent might play a role as to whether to indict or not.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I suspect it also might have to do with how the documents were stored in his office (and if his office was part of a larger complex) and their classification level.

People that routinely work with such documents usually have a safe in their office to store them.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yes as it should.

Trump knowingly took the documents and obstructed attempts to retrieve them, possibly still retaining some as indicted by empty folders, so your attempt at whataboutism doesn't really have merit. Of course, if Trump is not indicted for the documents, there's always the insurrection, tax fraud, election interference, sexual assault, etc.

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes as it should.

Not unless the archives came knocking, the FBI came knocking, Biden denied having anything, turned some over, got subpoenaed and turned a few more over, got raided and still had some, then got searched again and had more.

And did so four years after running on a platform of locking Trump up for the same thing.

As for now, it’s a juicy headline and if Biden was found to be maliciously holding onto these documents, I’m ok with the force of the law coming down on him. I doubt this is anything malicious though.

The thing with Trump is, these documents were missing and the archives immediately went looking for them. The DoJ couldn’t even wrangle the documents away through cooperation.

Right now, the headlines are about all these stories have in common, but the rest shall play out however it plays out.

Also, there were documents in Trump’s current office and desk. There’s no indication Biden had personal tabs on these documents.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Yeah. Look at all the differences though, as others have pointed out above.

But hey if it means locking Biden up for a few months after he leaves office so that Trump gets locked up for a few months plus whatever years-long sentences he should get for obstructing justice, lying under oath and all that other crap, I'm willing to traffic in "whaddabout" debates on other people's felonies. 😛

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not only can he declassify through sheer clairvoyance, he can also detect whether Biden has or has not done the same.

I hope he lets scientists study his brain.

Trump should tread lightly, lest one of his “Truths” end up as evidence against him later down the road.

342ADDE2-EF20-4F78-9CAC-077A31A750AA.jpeg

Top Bottom
1 2