Former President James Earl Carter

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
At age 98, he has entered hospice care.

When he leaves the hospice, surely we will all be saying nice things about him.
He's basically given his life to humanitarian causes for those less fortunate and has achieved sainthood IMO. He's had a great life, let's hope he finds well earned peace and rest in his final days.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
jimmy_carter_badass.jpg

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
If trump ever made it to that age all he would be building is a pile in his diaper good job jimmy.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
My first election I voted for Carter. My fear was that his faith would take the country to a bad place, but it only guided him and not the country. As I’ve said before - he walked the walk. He has spent decades being a beacon of humanity to a world that sadly needed his direction. A great man.

Yoused

up
Reaction score

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

That story is in such poor taste........... :cry:

Looking back he was not a good President, but is a great person. I have probably worked on a dozen Habitat homes over the years.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
TIL in 1952, Jimmy Carter led a team of nuclear scientists in disassembling a Canadian nuclear reactor undergoing meltdown. To accomplish this, Carter, alongside other American military personnel, personally lowered himself into the reactor to disassemble it by hand.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
TIL in 1952, Jimmy Carter led a team of nuclear scientists in disassembling a Canadian nuclear reactor undergoing meltdown. To accomplish this, Carter, alongside other American military personnel, personally lowered himself into the reactor to disassemble it by hand.

Isn’t that what Spock did?

Yoused

up
Reaction score

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
What a difference 40 or 50 years make. I'd like to say I hope President Carter sticks around for another 40 or 50 years, but that's just selfishness. Quite the remarkable story and life he lived.

I've been enjoying the stories of staff on Air Force 1, friends, journalists, etc. who were around Carter in his administration, and while the team would be worried about fallout or pleased after an event or speech, all Carter would be worried about was whether his wife would approve or if he'd have a talking to later on.

She will be missed, but these are long and well-lived lives, and dementia is NOT a thing you want to deal with for ages. I'm glad they had that public outing a couple months ago.

Top Bottom
1 2