Guns are still America’s religion

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
10 shot and killed. Another mass murder. Or as we call it, another Saturday night.

I must say this is an interesting one- the CA mass shooting. A 72 year-old Asian man isn’t the typical demographic you’d expect for something like this.

It’s a tragedy to see 10 (possibly more) people lose their lives for no reason, not to mention likely hundreds who will be emotionally scarred for the rest of their lives. If there was anything good that came from this horrific event, it’s 1. The police actually did their job and quickly tracked down the perpetrator and had he not shot himself, it appears they were fully prepared to take him out if necessary. 2. Much like the gay nightclub shooting, the victims had the chutzpah to flight back and disarm the perpetrator, likely saving many people’s lives.

I can only imagine their motives revolve around revenge and exerting power over those who had power over them and inflicting pain upon those who inflicted paint onto them. In leu of meaningful policy change*, which I won’t hold my breath for, victims regularly fighting back might squander the murderous daydreams of these sick monsters. The prospect of being disarmed and beat up by your “enemies” should make attempting a mass shooting far less appealing when the intention is to harm those people.

*not only because of the political climate, but also since many of the proposed laws wouldn’t have stopped many of the worst events

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
*not only because of the political climate, but also since many of the proposed laws wouldn’t have stopped many of the worst events

Our laws are not protecting people from these deranged folks either. In fact, I think it’s more fair to say the laws we have do little to protect people and that you can’t honestly say the proposals wouldn’t have stopped many of the events. How do you know? In countries where there is no second amendment and they’ve enacted strict gun control, the laws work, and that’s fact.

One thing is for certain, too many people are dying from mass shooters in this country, and the talk of mental health and services mean nothing when the party trying to take the focus off of guns also is trying to kill social security and make affordable access to healthcare harder to obtain.

Hell, republicans in federal and state offices are back to blaming video games and movies.

Unfortunately, we are slow learners, so I expect a lot more of these events.

Last edited:

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
7 dead now. Two locations; one on Hwy 92. Another on Hwy 1, just south of the downtown.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Since there are a couple mass shootings every day, it’s always “too soon” to discuss gun regulations. Everything is working out perfectly for the NRA.

Don’t worry, once we get to 1 billion guns in America, that will fix it. And we’re almost halfway there!

I must say this is an interesting one- the CA mass shooting. A 72 year-old Asian man isn’t the typical demographic you’d expect for something like this.
Sick and tired of the dull, boring, repetitive daily mass shootings? Have we got an interesting one for you today!

Maybe we should make trading cards of all the mass shooters. They could put INTERESTING facts on the back of them for everybody to discuss. This one is an old asian man, this one’s a white supremacist, this one was acquitted, this one offed himself… but if you’re really lucky, you can get the rarest of rare cards: a female mass shooter! Wow, she’s hot!

I guess until somebody personally gets shot or sees their family member dying of a gunshot wound, mass murder is just an unsolvable curiosity. But you say there‘s no regulation that could solve any of this. What about all the ones in countries WITHOUT multiple daily mass shootings maybe?

We couldn’t pass any useful gun laws… but we made abortion illegal. Congrats! Now every zygote can gestate, be born and die as god intended: painfully with their organs ripped to shreds by high velocity bullets in a mass shooting in their kindergarten classroom. Part of the excitement is getting DNA samples from mom and dad because of the unrecognizable bloody remains! What a way for dad to learn he’s not junior’s real dad. Jerry Springer here we come…. Pro Life 4Ever!

And yet politicians can still get votes by posing with their kids holding military-style weapons around the Christmas tree. What a punch to the nuts of everybody who ever suffered from the rampant gun violence in America. Vote for them? You voted for mass shootings. So, buy your trading cards, get your special edition rifle, the same one used by your favorite killer, and just hope you’re not the next to get shot. Thanks for screwing over all your fellow citizens who do NOT want to live in a war zone.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Since there are a couple mass shootings every day, it’s always “too soon” to discuss gun regulations. Everything is working out perfectly for the NRA.

Don’t worry, once we get to 1 billion guns in America, that will fix it. And we’re almost halfway there!

Sick and tired of the dull, boring, repetitive daily mass shootings? Have we got an interesting one for you today!

Maybe we should make trading cards of all the mass shooters. They could put INTERESTING facts on the back of them for everybody to discuss. This one is an old asian man, this one’s a white supremacist, this one was acquitted, this one offed himself… but if you’re really lucky, you can get the rarest of rare cards: a female mass shooter! Wow, she’s hot!

I guess until somebody personally gets shot or sees their family member dying of a gunshot wound, mass murder is just an unsolvable curiosity. But you say there‘s no regulation that could solve any of this. What about all the ones in countries WITHOUT multiple daily mass shootings maybe?

We couldn’t pass any useful gun laws… but we made abortion illegal. Congrats! Now every zygote can gestate, be born and die as god intended: painfully with their organs ripped to shreds by high velocity bullets in a mass shooting in their kindergarten classroom. Part of the excitement is getting DNA samples from mom and dad because of the unrecognizable bloody remains! What a way for dad to learn he’s not junior’s real dad. Jerry Springer here we come…. Pro Life 4Ever!

And yet politicians can still get votes by posing with their kids holding military-style weapons around the Christmas tree. What a punch to the nuts of everybody who ever suffered from the rampant gun violence in America. Vote for them? You voted for mass shootings. So, buy your trading cards, get your special edition rifle, the same one used by your favorite killer, and just hope you’re not the next to get shot. Thanks for screwing over all your fellow citizens who do NOT want to live in a war zone.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score

Excuse me?

I’m really not sure what your problem is. You repeatedly take everything I say and either completely misrepresent it or project some view that I think I have that is not the case to try and create an argument where none exists. You repeatedly ignore points I’m pretty sure you’d agree with and try to argue points I’ve never made. And you repeatedly ascribe the worst motives to any disagreement we may have or any unclear stance.

It is truly reprehensible that you would think I would get some sort of enjoyment or entertainment out of mass shootings. This is despite me recognizing the pain inflicted upon the victims, using words like horrific, atrocity, tragic, etc to describe the situation. I have repeatedly advocated for stronger gun laws and you know this. Why you ignore all of this, I really don’t know.

Honestly, I shouldn’t even engage with this nonsense or any of your bad-faith discussions. Half the time I sense you are either arguing just to argue or trying to instigate argument despite little to no difference in opinion. I’ll remind you that after Uvalde you found yourself wanting to NOT allow juvenile records to be relevant in firearms background checks despite that often being a relevant factor.

The Who and Why these killings occur is important in figuring out how to prevent them in the future through laws but also other resources. But I think you already knew that.

And why you would assume I have not been personally affected by gun violence is beyond me. Please, tell me more about myself.

So I would suggest if you’re going to engage in discussion with me you either respect what I have to say and not partake in your disingenuous shenanigans I outlined earlier or just don’t engage at all. I have no problem with disagreement, but most people here know how to have a civil, well intentioned discussion.

If you want to argue against actual 2nd amendment absolutists perhaps go to some right wing or NRA forum… or someone here who actually holds that opinion.

Last edited:

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Our laws are not protecting people from these deranged folks either. In fact, I think it’s more fair to say the laws we have do little to protect people and that you can’t honestly say the proposals wouldn’t have stopped many of the events. How do you know? In countries where there is no second amendment and they’ve enacted strict gun control, the laws work, and that’s fact.

One thing is for certain, too many people are dying from mass shooters in this country, and the talk of mental health and services mean nothing when the party trying to take the focus off of guns also is trying to kill social security and make affordable access to healthcare harder to obtain.

Hell, republicans in federal and state offices are back to blaming video games and movies.

Unfortunately, we are slow learners, so I expect a lot more of these events.

I think the fundamental problem is that the pro-gun lawmakers don’t want to enact any rules that could limit people from buying guns and the anti-gun lawmakers at the very least want to make it look like they’re making meaningful policy. So the result is these gun laws that effectively do little or nothing, except from quieting demands to do something from the general public until the next mass shooting. It’s not exactly a win for either, but neither side loses, in terms of the politicians’ viewpoint.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Excuse me?

I’m really not sure what your problem is. You repeatedly take everything I say and either completely misrepresent it or project some view that I think I have that is not the case to try and create an argument where none exists. You repeatedly ignore points I’m pretty sure you’d agree with and try to argue points I’ve never made. And you repeatedly ascribe the worst motives to any disagreement we may have or any unclear stance.

It is truly reprehensible that you would think I would get some sort of enjoyment or entertainment out of mass shootings. This is despite me recognizing the pain inflicted upon the victims, using words like horrific, atrocity, tragic, etc to describe the situation. I have repeatedly advocated for stronger gun laws and you know this. Why you ignore all of this, I really don’t know.

Honestly, I shouldn’t even engage with this nonsense or any of your bad-faith discussions. Half the time I sense you are either arguing just to argue or trying to instigate argument despite little to no difference in opinion. I’ll remind you that after Uvalde you found yourself wanting to NOT allow juvenile records to be relevant in firearms background checks despite that often being a relevant factor.

The Who and Why these killings occur is important in figuring out how to prevent them in the future through laws but also other resources. But I think you already knew that.

And why you would assume I have not been personally affected by gun violence is beyond me. Please, tell me more about myself.

So I would suggest if you’re going to engage in discussion with me you either respect what I have to say and not partake in your disingenuous shenanigans I outlined earlier or just don’t engage at all. I have no problem with disagreement, but most people here know how to have a civil, well intentioned discussion.

If you want to argue against actual 2nd amendment absolutists perhaps go to some right wing or NRA forum… or someone here who actually holds that opinion.
Perhaps because I quoted you, it seems as if I directed the rant towards you personally. I apologize for that.

It is the overall attitude in our country and refusal to do anything about it that I am truly angry at. With mass shootings happening every day, it’s our new normal. Why wouldn’t anybody in our country notice something different about one of the daily tragic events? I do not fault you, and I’m sorry.

All of my comments were directed towards American society, with a focus on the political party that always offers thoughts and prayers and never any actual solutions.

I stand by my feelings. But I want it to be clear they are not directed towards you personally. Again, my apologies.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 9.58.46 AM.png

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Being in CA and watching the news is like mass shooting after mass shooting for the entire show, so tired of it I've just been shutting it off.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Guns are not themselves the source of the problem, but more guns with less regulation is only going to make the problem worse.
Perhaps it’s just a coincidence that a country with more guns than people has multiple mass shootings every day.

Maybe it’s not the guns, it’s the people. If we eliminate all the people, the guns can’t be fired. Let’s try that. At the rate which we’re murdering each other, it might happen soon anyway.

Top Bottom
1 2