How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
I know you all aren't big fans of FoxNews, but Fox did call her out for being an anti-vaxxer:

Fox gets no credit for calling her anti-vax. Actually, I'll give them 1 point for an obvious fact, which they lost immediately in the same story by calling her a "shot-blocker."

And, the story hinges entirely on real reporting done by Reuters, which has on-the-ground reporters doing real work, including gathering quotes. Fox News has an intern capable of reading Reuter's wire feed, and able to cmd-copy whole sections.

Meanwhile, Fox News continues to spend the real money on Tucker Carlson's Hungry is Awesome Fascism Mystery Tour.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
I know you all aren't big fans of FoxNews, but Fox did call her out for being an anti-vaxxer:

Well, I for one officially take back one bad thing I've thought or said about the douchebags at FuxNews. Half. Maybe half. part. just a part.

Nah, no likes. Still keeping them all. They aren't Breitbart or ONN, but that's not saying anything of any value. TRUMP HELLYA!

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
You can be sure that Tucker's Hungary tour was sponsored by Orban. Though knowing what I know about Tucker, he's double dipping.

Yep. There's all manner of oligarchical goo on Tucker and his coterie of shit-birds. I hope he gets cancer, an especially embarrassing form of it.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
This guy makes an excellent point.

giphy.gif

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
"If you don't trust the medical field about COVID-19, why do you trust them to cure it."

Boom.
Sorry. You’re not thinking like an idiot. Try harder (or less hard?).

“If I show up sick they have to cure me. They know as well as I do that COVID-19 isn’t real so they will have to cure what I actually got.”

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It's not the medical field that is the problem. It is what the politicians do with the information they get from the medical field.
Exactly. Trump, DeSantis, Abbott… they all get the info and advice and then do the exact opposite. Just because a bunch of people voted for you doesn’t make you better at medicine than a doctor.

U

User.45

Exactly. Trump, DeSantis, Abbott… they all get the info and advice and then do the exact opposite. Just because a bunch of people voted for you doesn’t make you better at medicine than a doctor.
Dunning-Kruger effect at full force. I just spent 5 hours debunking a blogger called RollerGater's allegation on COVID deaths being more common once postvaccination infection occurs. This person claimed that everybody is misinforming everyone, but once I looked at their math, it was totally wrong and no such conclusion would be called. People suck.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Would it be bad to say it’s their own fault if they don’t get re-elected because all of their supporters are dead?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Would it be bad to say it’s their own fault if they don’t get re-elected because all of their supporters are dead?

Considering DeSantis' previous margin, it's a dead serious possibility.

DeSantis' name keeps popping up as 2024 prez candidate... so his potential electorate there is bigger, if equally dumb, which remains to be seen and I hope is not the case.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
DeSantis' name keeps popping up as 2024 prez candidate... so his potential electorate there is bigger, if equally dumb, which remains to be seen and I hope is not the case.
Nothing will make you lose all hope for humanity more than watching Trump get elected. I have no doubt that DeSantis could too, Americans just hate themselves sometimes.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
It's not the medical field that is the problem. It is what the politicians do with the information they get from the medical field.

People love to blame politicians, and politicos can often make mistakes about messaging, and can be hyperbole, hypocritical, etc. But, there's an entire industry of erstatz being spread on a daily basis to misrepresent even the most rational ideas.

The medical field has said for people to get the vaccine, and yet people still act like "I am Legend" isn't a dumb movie, or that the crystal-banging dipshit who can' t set the timer on a VCR is somehow able to whipsaw through complex epidemiological data and sum it up in a YouTube video.

Nurses and doctors are getting hammered because people like to make rhetorical wins, or misuse the phrase "We the People" rather than getting a shot. 180 million people got one, but these people think they're all so special, that they can just sit on the sidelines and watch the parade go by.

Meanwhile, we've undermined herd immunity—it doesn't mean let it burn through and praise the survivors—and are just itching for this thing to get worse.

Top Bottom
1 2