Mob storms Capitol

U

User.45

Arriving in DC on the day after Trump's second impeachment, thousands more National Guards. Whoever may have thought the 1/6 incident was all cosplay should realize now that it was not and neither will be any attempt at a redo.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1349796006976778245/
Agree. There isn't gonna be a redo in DC. The question is more so whether there are going to be state-level attempts. At DC they could unite, but let's say we are talking about 10,000 hardcore Trumpists distributed along 50 states. I'd suspect that Michigan or Virginia would be more desirable targets for their next attack. I'd be really really surprised if they didn't try anything.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
This is an excellent way - a wonderful philosophical (and security) tool, to examine - or interrogate - something: You look for thngs that look out of place.

The old "what happened that should not have happened?", "What is there, that shouldn't be there?" and - and the "and" is critically important, you also use that tool to pose the question another way, the old "the dog that didn't bark" approach - namely, "what didn't hapen that should have happened?" (Disconnected panic buttons are a good starting point with an interrogation of such data).

Good on Mikie Sherrill for bringing her past military training and experience to her current "day job" --even if she never thought she'd actually have to apply those skills to a job or representing constituents in DC.

What gets me about that reconnaissance gig was that Capitol tours were officially off the menu since last March. Yet somehow whoever arranged the ones the day before the incursion figured that "still..." since congress critters have in the past pretty much been able to just invite in whomever they want, whenever they want, no biggie and so no one would notice some folks on a tour. After nine months? And after the altered ceremonies for the 117th's new members bringing home the fact that everything remotely "social" was different this year?

Not to take a single thing away from Rep. Sherrill but it was risky and stupid on someone's part to figure no one would think a tour group now would seem out of place. Certainly the folks Rep.Boebert was guiding around might have raised an eyebrow. The days are gone when one was expected really to dress up to visit the Capitol, but the group Boebert had with her looked like they'd been rounded up to help check fences before turning cows out to the back 40. And maybe that was the case.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Certainly the folks Rep.Boebert was guiding around might have raised an eyebrow. The days are gone when one was expected really to dress up to visit the Capitol, but the group Boebert had with her looked like they'd been rounded up to help check fences before turning cows out to the back 40. And maybe that was the case.
Is there an actual picture? Because the one I have seen is said to have been from July, before she was even elected.

lizkat

Reaction score
Is there an actual picture? Because the one I have seen is said to have been from July, before she was even elected.

"I did not know that"... but in some ways that's more interesting.

I hasten to say that Rep. Sherill herself has not publicly identified the official(s) she noticed having a group along on a tour.

MarkusL

Power User
Reaction score
Arriving in DC on the day after Trump's second impeachment, thousands more National Guards. Whoever may have thought the 1/6 incident was all cosplay should realize now that it was not and neither will be any attempt at a redo.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1349796006976778245/

I have always wanted to see the National Air and Space Museum ever since I was a little kid, and in the fall of 2016 I had already started some preliminary plans for the trip to Washington when Trump was elected and I thought I might just wait until America gets back to normal again. Two years later he was still president, and had shown he was everything we expected and worse. Around that time my attitude shifted. Instead of waiting for things to return to normal I got this real sense of urgency and felt I needed to go there before things get worse. I enjoyed the trip despite Trump's best efforts to ruin it (long story), and I did feel a bit silly about my reasoning. I mean what kind of trouble could he realistically cause by the end of his term?

lizkat

Reaction score
I mean what kind of trouble could he realistically cause by the end of his term?

Yeah I'm asking that question even now and STILL only meaning it satirically.

It's absurd for McConnell to pretend they couldn't convict and remove Trump with a Senate vote in 24 hours on an inked impeachment. The Senate would have done it in two hours if one of Trumpistas' homebrew IEDs had gone off in the rotunda. But no, this was just a drill... So we have had these two weeks to wonder and Trump still five days left to plan a grand finale.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Another one of the mob, ex-military. Turned in by his mother and sister because they were afraid of him. Each one of these stories is a human tragedy and the far fright news networks, the GOP and Trump are to blame.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1349796782792994818/

if I were to hazard a guess I’d say the military trained him to shoot and kill non white people, he liked it and then realized he could be enjoying the same activity right in his own backyard. It’s like a staycation but with killing people. Who aren’t white.

MarkusL

Power User
Reaction score

Space Force!

Haha, yes... I am not sure but I think I went there before the whole Space Force thing. I did have a Trump moment in the NASM though. Right there in the entrance hall they have two intermediate-range nuclear missiles, one American and one Soviet. Banned by Reagan and Gorbachev, and legalized again by Trump and Putin. Otherwise Trump was remarkably absent during my visit, but the spirit of Trump filled me when I was at the FDR memorial and saw the FDR quotes carved in stone. I could not help but think it woukd be hilarious if it was the Trump memorial and instead of "THE ONLY THING WE HAVE TO FEAR IS FEAR ITSELF" it would say "YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO OWN COWS ANYMORE" or some other moronic Trump quote.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah I'm asking that question even now and STILL only meaning it satirically.

It's absurd for McConnell to pretend they couldn't convict and remove Trump with a Senate vote in 24 hours on an inked impeachment. The Senate would have done it in two hours if one of Trumpistas' homebrew IEDs had gone off in the rotunda. But no, this was just a drill... So we have had these two weeks to wonder and Trump still five days left to plan a grand finale.

I can sympathize with not wanting Biden’s early days to be consumed by yet more Trump in the form of a trial and punishment, but this can’t be swept under the rug. Not for Trump and his goons or for anybody in the future thinking they can attempt the same thing but “better”.

Personally I think everybody in the public eye including news hosts who promoted the election lie needs to be hauled in front of Congress and explain themselves. It doesn’t need to result in convictions but the public needs to see, especially Trump supporters, how they were lied to with “facts” mostly pulled out of their ass.

lizkat

Reaction score
I can sympathize with not wanting Biden’s early days to be consumed by yet more Trump in the form of a trial and punishment, but this can’t be swept under the rug. Not for Trump and his goons or for anybody in the future thinking they can attempt the same thing but “better”.

Personally I think everybody in the public eye including news hosts who promoted the election lie needs to be hauled in front of Congress and explain themselves. It doesn’t need to result in convictions but the public needs to see, especially Trump supporters, how they were lied to with “facts” mostly pulled out of their ass.

Yeah time for the age of deliberate misinformation for political gain to end.

As for the freedom to broadcast complete fabrications under the rubric of news... well some other countries are a little more stern about flat lying to viewers and calling it news.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Another one of the mob, ex-military. Turned in by his mother and sister because they were afraid of him. Each one of these stories is a human tragedy and the far fright news networks, the GOP and Trump are to blame.

There's this thing with Marines, that after service, they're former-marines, as opposed to "ex", just kind of a sign of respect that they will always be a part of corp, but that guy is definitely an EX-marine.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
They just showed Peter Navarro on TV. He is still perpetuating the lie that Trump won. And they expect us to heal?

I actually had someone reply to me on Facebook today about how we needed to unite. I told him I wasn’t uniting with Nazis and why would he!

lizkat

Reaction score
They just showed Peter Navarro on TV. He is still perpetuating the lie that Trump won. And they expect us to heal?

I actually had someone reply to me on Facebook today about how we needed to unite. I told him I wasn’t uniting with Nazis and why would he!

Well the right can quit carping over censorship now if the media are still booking the likes of Peter Navarro to run defense of the indefensible.

As for the FB encounter, I've seen exchanges between far righties and sane people on Twitter today so it's not like dumping Parler has squelched what passes for political debate these days. It just took the most rotten planks out of Trump's rotting base.

Hey, let them go learn how to huddle on the dark web, I'm sure by now there are a thousand federal honeypots out there waiting to welcome them with fake pics of their own "bragging rights" from last week and then scoop up whatever pics some idiots put up to top the feds' bait. "The knock on the door will come" is what the FBI did promise...

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Question after seeing the arrests so far: Is living in mommy’s basement a requirement for joining the Proud Boys?

lizkat

Reaction score
Question after seeing the arrests so far: Is living in mommy’s basement a requirement for joining the Proud Boys?

Yah some of these guys haven't had enough to do for a long time, I guess.

If we live through the early recovery period, Biden's program should improve jobs situation, spending power and education options in the USA. Those all do tend to reduce some of the xenophobia in the general population. The hard core white nationalist leaders will persist trying to recruit. Might have more trouble drumming up followers though.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Hey, let them go learn how to huddle on the dark web, I'm sure by now there are a thousand federal honeypots out there waiting to welcome them with fake pics of their own "bragging rights" from last week and then scoop up whatever pics some idiots put up to top the feds' bait. "The knock on the door will come" is what the FBI did promise...

You're making me want to watch Mr. Robot again.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
… the spirit of Trump filled me when I was at the FDR memorial and saw the FDR quotes carved in stone. I could not help but think it woukd be hilarious if it was the Trump memorial and instead of "THE ONLY THING WE HAVE TO FEAR IS FEAR ITSELF" it would say "YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO OWN COWS ANYMORE" or some other moronic Trump quote.
What, they would all belong to Devin Nunes?

Top Bottom
1 2