Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
That guy finally got suspended.

View attachment 25954
Doubt is will be a permanent ban though, that would be taking things too far! Free speech and all.
His tweets probably ended up next to some ads. Look at how many likes the guy gets on those tweets, that platform is a total shithole of radicals.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
It’s a mystery why the ADL says Elon has let antisemitism run rampant on his platform:

1695000953425.png

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I can only read the title and the beginning blurb:

Sounds serious though. If it comes to something probably would warrant its own thread.

Sometimes when you bite the hand that feeds you it punches back.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This should come as no surprise to anyone. It's a total shithole of right wing misinformation.

Musk’s X, formerly Twitter, ranks last in climate misinformation ‘scorecard​

The report assessed policies that social media companies had established pertaining to climate misinformation.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
This should come as no surprise to anyone. It's a total shithole of right wing misinformation.

Musk’s X, formerly Twitter, ranks last in climate misinformation ‘scorecard​

The report assessed policies that social media companies had established pertaining to climate misinformation.
The EU has found the same and not just on climate change but overall:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just can’t believe enough people won’t quit Twitter in order to kill it. My wife (who will not quit) simply insists that everyone who matters to her is still on it, with a hold-the-ground type of mindset. To me, chucking Musk is the priority. The way to do that is to devalue Twitter to zero-point-zero dollars. Even if he doesn’t give up the Twitter brand name, everyone could finally move on to ANYTHING else. They’re treating it like it’s a valuable piece of land. It’s not, I’m sure of this. Musk’s ownership has made it forever toxic. Burn it down, start over.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I just can’t believe enough people won’t quit Twitter in order to kill it. My wife (who will not quit) simply insists that everyone who matters to her is still on it, with a hold-the-ground type of mindset. To me, chucking Musk is the priority. The way to do that is to devalue Twitter to zero-point-zero dollars. Even if he doesn’t give up the Twitter brand name, everyone could finally move on to ANYTHING else. They’re treating it like it’s a valuable piece of land. It’s not, I’m sure of this. Musk’s ownership has made it forever toxic. Burn it down, start over.
I think it will take an exodus by these people before it will make any impact. Many of the regular users have left but celebrities, media, and influential people refuse to to do so.

Look at Stephen King and LeBron James, they refused to pay for the checkmark and Elon forced on them, they were like "oh okay then" with zero pushback (or backbone).

The other thing is while Threads was pretty exciting at first they appear to be failing as viable alternative, they still have not incorporated many of the features, such as hash tags, DM's, etc. and it's costing them.

Last edited:

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I had a hard time quitting it. I used it mostly to get information from some of my personal and business vendors latest information. However I found myself finding more and more of the extremist crap on my feed. It became like an abusive relationship, where I saw the good in them for brief moments between the awful ones. It took two tries to finally end the relationship.

I actually started it again, when we were flying out into Hurricane Hillary from Boston to Las Vegas. What I found is that I couldn't trust the information that was being reported, because I no longer trusted X for correct information. I found out that my suspicions where right, more than half the information was either old clips of Vegas flooding or just made up lies. So I have left the platform again... And this time I mean it. :)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I had a hard time quitting it. I used it mostly to get information from some of my personal and business vendors latest information. However I found myself finding more and more of the extremist crap on my feed. It became like an abusive relationship, where I saw the good in them for brief moments between the awful ones. It took two tries to finally end the relationship.

I actually started it again, when we were flying out into Hurricane Hillary from Boston to Las Vegas. What I found is that I couldn't trust the information that was being reported, because I no longer trusted X for correct information. I found out that my suspicions where right, more than half the information was either old clips of Vegas flooding or just made up lies. So I have left the platform again... And this time I mean it. :)

If I can do it, you can too. :)

As soon as it was confirmed that Elon took over...
Poof. Just like that I'm gone, I had over 8000 followers. It's gone down hill over the years and I've all but stopped posting anyway but at least I'm leaving on my own terms. I've come to absolutely loathe Elon Musk, to the point that I even regret owning one of his cars now (which I love), I don't want to participate in giving that egomaniacal asshole one more cent from my pocket. Hopefully with the flood of new EVs I'll be able to find something comparable when it's time to buy again.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Really?! WTH, that’s crazy.
No. Trademark serial number 77721751 has not been abandoned. And twitter.com still redirects, meaning it is still used in commerce, so even if they did abandon the federal trademark they would presumably still have state law rights under state trademark and unfair competition laws.

Top Bottom
1 2