Musk offers to buy Twitter

gollum

Power User
Reaction score
So Musk is now saying that the deal cannot move forward until Twitter addresses the bot issue

Which is more direct than his early comment where he stated that the acquisition is being paused.

The article has speculated that he's using this as a tactic to lower the purchase price, but that doesn't make sense to me. If Twitter was actively trying to sell itself and Musk was really the only suitor then yes, they were not looking to be bought out so in my mind it's a take or leave it offer. If Musk walks, he's on the hook to pay twitter 1 billion in break fees.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
So Musk is now saying that the deal cannot move forward until Twitter addresses the bot issue

Which is more direct than his early comment where he stated that the acquisition is being paused.

The article has speculated that he's using this as a tactic to lower the purchase price, but that doesn't make sense to me. If Twitter was actively trying to sell itself and Musk was really the only suitor then yes, they were not looking to be bought out so in my mind it's a take or leave it offer. If Musk walks, he's on the hook to pay twitter 1 billion in break fees.
As if he couldn’t address the bot issue after buying it? I think he no longer wants to buy it (if he ever did).

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm no expert on this stuff but...
Elon Musk has reiterated his claim that fake and spam accounts could make up more than 20 percent of Twitter’s users, saying the deal to acquire the social media company “cannot move forward” until Twitter proves the accuracy of its much lower estimate of less than 5 percent.

All they have to do is say "oh yeah, we can't prove that, sorry then" and end the deal right there without all the haggling of a poison pill?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I'm no expert on this stuff but...

All they have to do is say "oh yeah, we can't prove that, sorry then" and end the deal right there without all the haggling of a poison pill?

(1) they want the deal
(2) if they can’t get the deal, they want the blame to be on Musk, so that Musk will have to pay $1B penalty
(3) they may actually sue to force Musk to go through with the deal, thanks to a specific performance clause in the agreement

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Just like Trump in so many ways, you get why his supporters love the guy. Billionaire troll scum.

The good news is Musk was born in South Africa. And thus not eligible to run for President in the US.

However... I'm reminded by Sen. Orrin Hatch who way back in 2003 proposed an amendment to the US Constitution relaxing the natural born citizen clause regarding eligibility to become a US President. This was when Arnold Schwarzenegger (born in Austria) was Governor of California. Thankfully that proposal never went anywhere.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I will give Musk a ton of credit for drastically lowering the cost of putting commercial and government/national security satellites into space, along with supply missions and astronauts to the ISS.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

ouimetnick

Power User
Reaction score
He’s such a troll. I can’t believe people actually worship this dude.
Some people are weird af. One of my friends went from bowing down and worshipping Trump to worshipping Ron DeSantis & Elon Musk. Probably some sort of insecurity or jealousness. I admired the positive qualities about Steve Jobs, but I didn't worship him. For all of his admirable traits, he sure had a lot of faults (POS father to his first child, hard and abusive to employees, etc)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Some people are weird af. One of my friends went from bowing down and worshipping Trump to worshipping Ron DeSantis & Elon Musk. Probably some sort of insecurity or jealousness. I admired the positive qualities about Steve Jobs, but I didn't worship him. For all of his admirable traits, he sure had a lot of faults (POS father to his first child, hard and abusive to employees, etc)
At first I questioned whether or not he was real Republican material but when we got the news of him paying off a woman for a sexual misconduct allegation it all made sense.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I still get a kick out of this old meme about the worship Musk gets from his devoted followers.
DiKl_3iW4AESBAq.jpg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I have to wonder if he ever actually intended on buying Twitter. It seems like he's been trying to weasel his way out of it or trying to greatly reduce the price by saying the platform is mostly bots. Tesla stock has tanked and even more after sexual misconduct claims.
Yeah he's playing everyone.

Musk calls Twitter’s explanation of its bot numbers ‘very suspicious’ as he suggests slashing the value of his takeover bid​

Elon Musk is still angling—at least publicly—for a lower price tag for Twitter.

On Saturday, Musk agreed with a suggestion from conservative writer Ian Miles Cheong that the Tesla CEO should lower his price for Twitter by the proportion of bots on the platform, or, for example, asking for a 25% discount if 25% of Twitter users were fake.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
At first I questioned whether or not he was real Republican material but when we got the news of him paying off a woman for a sexual misconduct allegation it all made sense.

The events of the last week show how Trumpian he really is, thin skinned attention whore who sees anyone calling him on his shit as purely a political hitjob, the actual shit he gets called on has zero relevance to him. Several sources I follow predicted that his Tweet about Democrats being the party of hate was posted to get ahead of some scandal that was going to come out and then, BAM!, that’s exactly what happened. It's so transparent and pathetic.

Here’s an idea. You don’t have to align with either side, but these “strongmen” have such a fragile ego that they need to hijack a side/party so they can get their blindly loyal cheerleaders, as if they give one shit about any of them. I guess all the wealth and power isn’t enough. Get some goddamn therapy, you can certainly afford it.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
This whole Twitter show is getting expensive as it shines a light on Musk, which draws all kinds of attention.

Of the wrong kind

Tech’s most chaotic CEO saw about $10.6 billion of his personal wealth evaporate last Friday following a report on a settlement over alleged sexual misconduct, according to estimates from the Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index. Musk’s drop in wealth, spotted by Insider, was mainly due to the tanking of Tesla shares in the market. Though the world’s richest man seems to evade consequences for most of his actions, even he succumbs to some financial consequences of scandal.

On Friday, shares in the electric carmaker lost as much as 10.8% of their value at one point. By the close of the market, they were down 6.4%, roughly $10 billion. Tesla’s share price recovered slightly on Monday by about 1%, as of 2 p.m. ET.

The report of the $250,000 settlement, published Thursday, revealed that a SpaceX flight attendant alleged that in 2016 Musk exposed his erect penis to her after she gave him a massage, propositioned her for sex by saying “do more,” and said he would buy her a horse if she did. Musk has denied the report’s claims and even joked about them, christening the scandal “Elongate.”

All in all, Tesla had a pretty rough week, having been plagued not only by its CEO’s erratic and trash-talking tweets, but also by outside forces. Shares in Tesla had been on the decline as investors worried that Musk’s attention, already divided between multiple enormous companies, would be diverted as he manages a rapidly spiraling $44 billion takeover of Twitter. In recent days, Musk called the S&P 500’s environmental, social, and government rating, known as ESG, “a scam,” after Tesla lost its top spot and announced he would now vote for Republicans. In addition, Musk said Tesla was creating a “hardcore litigation department” reporting directly to him.

“Looking for hardcore streetfighters, not white-shoe lawyers like Perkins or Cooley who thrive on corruption,” Musk tweeted on Friday. “There will be blood.”

So far this year, Musk has lost more than $69 billion from his personal treasure chest, according to the Billionaires Index. In fact, he’s lost $49 billion since he announced his bid to buy Twitter, which no one is quite sure he wants anymore.

Despite this roller coaster ride, Musk still remains the richest man on Earth, worth an estimated $201 billion net worth.

Top Bottom
1 2