Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
When someone this rich trolls it moves markets, it's about time someone made an example of him.
What can the SEC do? I know they can make him pay back anybody that lost money due to illegal actions of his. They can also fine him. Not sure what else they could do.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
What can the SEC do? I know they can make him pay back anybody that lost money due to illegal actions of his. They can also fine him. Not sure what else they could do.
They have lots of enforcement powers. They can ban him from being an officer or director of a public company, for example.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
This is going to be interesting & stupid at the same time.

It's going to be interesting because it will demonstrate that perhaps Musk the smart business guy does NOT do his "due diligence" before making a multi billion dollar offer on a company before it's earnings release where he could have made a lower offer. You mean really, the bot thing is an issue now? Now?

Stupid, because Twitter has been making the "bot" claim in previous ( I thought I heard 3 ) filing / reports. It didn't just show up out of the blue. Yes, Twitter got busted earlier for fudging their numbers, which I believe is what Musk & attorneys are riding on. Musk had plenty of time to question this beforehand. I imagine if Twitter shuts up & let's Musk demand information that they would only have to offer because of the deal & it lowers the price that can be seen as harmful. Musk would be damaging Twitter's financials as means to buy lower, or if he doesn't buy at all a form of sabotage. That seems like an opening for a suit from Twitter.

The man was so full of himself, he agreed to the Billion dollar fee if he didn't "consummate" the deal. He needs to put his money where his mouth is one way or another. Otherwise he's going to show the world who he truly is now, one way or another.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Surprise surprise

There’s no way he ever intended on buying Twitter. Just a bored billionaire throwing some “pocket change” around for some kind of market manipulation play probably.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Surprise surprise

There’s no way he ever intended on buying Twitter. Just a bored billionaire throwing some “pocket change” around for some kind of market manipulation play probably.
So much for him owning the libs… The far-right nuts must be crying today. Musk was supposed to make Twitter a hate-speech paradise but now they have to slither back to the empty streets of Truth Social…

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Ya gotta appease the base to distract from the fact one's been under indictment for more than half a decade.

I guess it's tit for tat

I got to wonder if the concern for "Texas consumers" over bots isn't considerable laughable.

mr_roboto

Site Champ
Reaction score
It's going to be interesting because it will demonstrate that perhaps Musk the smart business guy does NOT do his "due diligence" before making a multi billion dollar offer on a company before it's earnings release where he could have made a lower offer. You mean really, the bot thing is an issue now? Now?

Stupid, because Twitter has been making the "bot" claim in previous ( I thought I heard 3 ) filing / reports. It didn't just show up out of the blue.
Oh, it's even stupider than that.

You know the binding agreement Musk signed to buy Twitter? In it, he waived his right to due diligence. His complaints about bots are pure bullshit, probably just intended to win the court of public opinion and/or maneuver to make it more costly to sue him to uphold his end of the deal.

So whenever you see him say something, just remind yourself that Musk was dumb enough to sign a contract to buy Twitter at a specific price without due diligence, and that same contract gives him no out other than the $1e9 penalty.

As far as anyone can tell, the real reason he doesn't want to go through with the deal is that Tesla stock dropped precipitously after the ink was dry and now he'd be even more absurdly overleveraged and he doesn't want to be forced to sell a lot of Tesla/SpaceX to make the deal work now. Or something to that effect.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Well, we’re into TF Guy territory now, but since this started in this thread, I guess we will continue it here. DeSantis was saving up a racist joke for quite a while, and this endorsement from Musk was the perfect opportunity to let it fly!

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1537102038378631168/

TF GUY!!!!! 😡

Top Bottom
1 2