Site Donor
Reaction score

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just another filthy rich dirtbag looking to cash in by scamming others.

Elon Musk, SpaceX and Tesla Inc. were sued for $258 billion over claims they are part of a racketeering scheme to back the cryptocurrency Dogecoin.

Keith Johnson, “an American citizen who was defrauded out of money by defendants’ Dogecoin Crypto Pyramid Scheme,” sued Musk and his companies, claiming they constitute an illegal racketeering enterprise to inflate Dogecoin’s price.

“Defendants falsely and deceptively claim that Dogecoin is a legitimate investment when it has no value at all,” Johnson said in his complaint, filed Thursday in federal court in Manhattan.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 2.33.52 PM.png

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
He could very well end up not buying Twitter and look at all the controversy around it he has caused, he does the same with global markets. He's provocative and likes to gaslight people, it's just who he is.

I didn't read the whole thing, and there was a lot of meandering about, but if I was a Twitter employee it mostly sounded like "I'll just go ahead and validate all your fears and concerns as justified".

His work from home policy is basically there is no doing it just because you can. You first need to be indispensable super employee who would quit if not allowed to work from home. Short of that, you're showing up to the office.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I didn't read the whole thing, and there was a lot of meandering about, but if I was a Twitter employee it mostly sounded like "I'll just go ahead and validate all your fears and concerns as justified".
The dude's father owned diamond mines and slave labor, Elon has already chastised American workers/practices and is pretty much a grade A asshole to work for if we're to believe those who have already spoken out about it.

I think if you're an employee of Twitter and want to maintain the ability to work from home and have any real work/home life balance you're better off leaving if he takes over. Right now there's tons of work for this type of skillset.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The dude's father owned diamond mines and slave labor, Elon has already chastised American workers/practices and is pretty much a grade A asshole to work for if we're to believe those who have already spoken out about it.

I think if you're an employee of Twitter and want to maintain the ability to work from home and have any real work/home life balance you're better off leaving if he takes over. Right now there's tons of work for this type of skillset.

I don’t work at a big tech company, and nor have I despite living in the area my entire life, but if you work at Twitter I’d imagine you should be easily employable at one of the plethora of other big tech companies in the area.

I’d actually like to hear from somebody in the area who has bounced between the big tech companies and what their observations and complaints are. Other than long hours and asshole bosses (which isn’t unique to tech), I’d imagine a lot of their comparative complaints would be first world problems of the highest order.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I did a couple of gigs in the Silicon Valley area, but as a consultant/contractor, I was way more invincible since it was not my primary job. Made it super fun because I could more or less tell various management folks to fuck off as needed.

Hahaha, this one time my partner was kind of getting a little bit of a talking to, it was pretty mild, mostly just concerns over timelines/deliverables, the PM type dude was like, "Go get DT, he needs to hear this!", and my partner was like, "No, you do not want to get in his face unless you want to get tossed in the canal ..."

:ROFLMAO:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

View attachment 15009
And... the followup...

SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has shown he does not take criticism very well. So when employees of his rocket company called their boss’ behavior a “distraction and embarrassment”… well you can see where this is going.

The New York Times first reported that SpaceX fired several employees who helped write an open letter that took Musk to task for his off-the-wall behavior online and in public. The firings apparently happened Thursday afternoon after The Verge first broke the story about the employee’s letter that same day.

In an internal email obtained by the Times, Gwynne Shotwell, SpaceX’s president and COO, wrote that the company had “terminated a number of employees involved” with staff’s critique of their CEO. She further said that the workers’ letter “made employees feel uncomfortable, intimidated, and bullied, and/or angry” since it apparently pressured them to sign something “that did not reflect their views.”

It isn’t clear how many were fired, but Reuters reported there were at least five. Three employees spoke to the Times but did not reveal their names or positions. They said staff rarely stand up to the CEO. Another anonymous employee who helped write the letter called bull on Shotwell’s reasoning, telling The Verge they spent a month of hard work putting together the letter by soliciting feedback from fellow employees.

We reached out to SpaceX for comment, but the company rarely—if ever—responds to any press inquiries.
The company has a lot of work to do, and can’t afford “this kind of overreaching activism,” according to Shotwell’s email. SpaceX wants to get its first orbital launch ready for takeoff next month, following extended delays. “This is how we will get to Mars,” Shotwell wrote in her email.

The employees’ letter says that, since Musk is the company’s CEO and prime spokesperson, “every Tweet that Elon sends is a de facto public statement by the company.” So when Musk posts something like “the [Federal Aviation Administration] is fundamentally broken,” calls a British cave explorer “pedo guy,” or repeatedly downplayed the severity of covid early on in the pandemic, the employees say it reflects back on them and the company they work for.

The letter writers further advocated the company adhere to its “no-asshole” and “zero tolerance” policy by making sure there’s ways for employees to report bad behavior and punish those responsible for a bad working environment, “whether from the CEO or an employee starting their first day.”

It really does show this has become more the 'era of the asshole' that's celebrated, revered, and now promoted cult like status by other envious assholes who want to live vicariously thru another.

Shotwell has gone to bat for Musk before. After news broke that the SpaceX CEO allegedly sexually harassed a SpaceX flight attendant and then hushed her with a non-disclosure agreement and a $250,000 settlement, the company president told staff that the allegations were false. Shotwell further claimed that doing something like that was out of character for Musk. The COO did not precisely deny the settlement, however.

The SpaceX CEO denied the allegations, but apparently being accused of exposing your penis to an employee is funny enough to later use it in another one of his infamous tweets.

Musk does not want employees straying out of line. Documents have shown that Musk’s other company Tesla monitored workers’ social media activity to stave off any dreaded union push. He has mandated that the vast majority of staff must work in the office 40 hours a week despite the push for work-from-home policies across the tech world.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
And... the followup...

It really does show this has become more the 'era of the asshole' that's celebrated, revered, and now promoted cult like status by other envious assholes who want to live vicariously thru another.

I've come to the conclusion that the main reason Musk wants to buy Twitter is to ensure that he can never be banned from it. If he had a gambling addiction his therapy would involve buying Vegas.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
And... the followup...

It is the billionaires who support the “right to work“ laws and vociferously oppose unions. You see the result here. A piece of crap born with a silver spoon in his mouth can fire any worker any time simply for daring to question his authority! Welcome back to feudalism.

I've come to the conclusion that the main reason Musk wants to buy Twitter is to ensure that he can never be banned from it. If he had a gambling addiction his therapy would involve buying Vegas.
There is no doubt about it.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

His admission to want to encourage & let in more "provocative" conversation in the name of profit has got to be one of the biggest red flags I've ever seen waved in modern history. If it does lead to driving more people away, and pulling in only like minded assholes, who's fault will it be it still doesn't turn a profit? The thing about assholes, is that... they're assholes! Only other assholes like hanging around them, while others leave, then assholes want to run over where everyone else is now.

If I'm someone looking to invest, I'm doing some heavy research into new potential alternate social media platforms IF Musk stops trolling and puts his money where his mouth opening is. Musk will create a massive opportunity for others should he acquire Twitter.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
As far as that employee letter, and no offense intended to any Tesla owners here, but most car manufacturers are now quickly moving into EVs and Teslas are going to be more associated with ascribing to Musk’s politics (because he can’t keep his damn mouth shut) than a status symbol or environmental awareness. Even already I’m sure most people can’t see a Telsa without instantly thinking Musk Tweets. Where I live probably 1 out of every 20 cars I see on the road is a Tesla. They aren’t rare and most people don’t need all the other fancy features, not to mention other manufacturers will also include their own fancy features. Teslas are going to become like Hummers.

If anything, that letter probably would have been better served coming from Tesla employees. Space exploration is so far out of reach for 99.999999% of the population that I don't see how his social media insanity is going to impact the work at SpaceX.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
His admission to want to encourage & let in more "provocative" conversation in the name of profit has got to be one of the biggest red flags I've ever seen waved in modern history. If it does lead to driving more people away, and pulling in only like minded assholes, who's fault will it be it still doesn't turn a profit? The thing about assholes, is that... they're assholes! Only other assholes like hanging around them, while others leave, then assholes want to run over where everyone else is now.

If I'm someone looking to invest, I'm doing some heavy research into new potential alternate social media platforms IF Musk stops trolling and puts his money where his mouth opening is. Musk will create a massive opportunity for others should he acquire Twitter.

Much like Trump he's bored with money. Now he just wants to be the world's biggest center of attention with the most social media followers. That means there should be no roadblocks put in front of the rubes likely to join his flock. The only reason he cares about growth is because that means more people potentially following him.

Top Bottom
1 2