Roe vs. Wade overturned

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Especially as the Dem nominee is an incumbent switching to this gerrymandered super Dem-heavy district (IIRC 67% which skews for Biden over Mango by 16%). He's a pro-life Catholic, a so-called Blue Dog, with "border protection" rhetoric during his years in the House. There will be a lot more voters, and the national party and Dem PACs will be heavily invested in this district as they try not to lose three seats in Texas alone. They may be able to keep the loss to 1/2 seats as the old 15th District could be a surprise keeper for them given the abortion ruling.

I recall all the talk about how the GOP would keep the Senate in 2020 -- both during the general and even at the start of the Georgia runoffs. A long way to go before November. We'll see if the most vocal on left can do more than whine about the abortion ruling by putting that energy into electing/re-electing Dems that forward legislation in the House and Senate so Joe can sign.

I respect that you challenge me with respect while not discounting my valid points.

Having said that, I give you the next viable Democrat candidate, the rain frog. The requisite disapproval face while living most of its existence with its face in the sand.

Breviceps-adspersus-adspersus.jpg

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
A story about a 10-year-old rape victim that had to leave the state for an abortion was called a lie by many on the right. Why? Because such a story shows the abject cruelty of the abortion laws. When they caught the rapist, what were the deniers on the right to do?

Jim Jordan just deleted his tweet calling the story a lie with no comment about it, and others also pretended like they hadn’t said anything.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Maybe calling them "breakfast tacos" will help. :ROFLMAO:
Remember a prior post in which Fox deceptively edited video of Karine Jean-Pierre? Yeah, here’s the actual quote from Biden.

Raul helped build this organization with the understanding that the diversity of this community -- as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami, and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio -- is your strength,

Is she calling people from the Bronx “bodegas” or everybody in Miami a “blossom”? Of course not. Just another example of right-wing spin and intentionally twisting a quote into something it wasn’t. Although in this case we can blame Sam Stein (Politico) of being the original spin doctor.

And yet…this is the top story on Fox. Just think about how stupid that is with everything happening in the world right now.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1546941127680458756/

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Remember a prior post in which Fox deceptively edited video of Karine Jean-Pierre? Yeah, here’s the actual quote from Biden.

Is she calling people from the Bronx “bodegas” or everybody in Miami a “blossom”? Of course not. Just another example of right-wing spin and intentionally twisting a quote into something it wasn’t. Although in this case we can blame Sam Stein (Politico) of being the original spin doctor.

And yet…this is the top story on Fox. Just think about how stupid that is with everything happening in the world right now.

It almost seems like you are disputing that she said it, but OK.

And I agree that by itself, it isn't much of a story. But if comments like that move the needle in the Hispanic community, and they start voting GOP, then it is a big story.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It almost seems like you are disputing that she said it, but OK.

You posted out-of-context bullshit, based on other out-of-context, deceptively edited bullshit. And then you say I’m disputing what she said when I provided the original full quote?

🐴🤡

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It was definitely kind of a cringe thing to say, but the right is saying "she called people breakfast tacos" when that's just simply fake news.
The sad thing is that it’s not even WHAT was said in this case. It’s “can this be edited and/or taken out of context in a way that makes it sound like I insulted people?"

And the same people who are attacking her for this voted for a guy that said the following (I’ll quote exactly to make sure we’re being fair):

When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

But somehow they’re outraged that she mentioned people and tacos in the same sentence?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
You posted out-of-context bullshit, based on other out-of-context, deceptively edited bullshit. And then you say I’m disputing what she said when I provided the original full quote?

🐴🤡

I put the EXACT quote into my post.

How is that POSSIBLY disputing what she said?

I will reply to your original post, not the edited one.

But yes, you are correct. I missed that because you referred to her as Biden and not Dr. Biden or Jill so I thought you were referring to Joe. So that coupled with the comment about Karine Jean-Pierre I missed it. So yes, my bad.

But none of that changes my position that Hispanics are gravitating toward the GOP and comments like this and referring to them as Latinx aren't helping the Dems cause.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
It was definitely kind of a cringe thing to say, but the right is saying "she called people breakfast tacos" when that's just simply fake news.

It was an unforced error. Coupled with Biden referring to the "Honor" of the Holocaust it was not a good week gaffewise for the WH.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Not a good week for The Donald and his co-conspirators, either.
With the inflation right now, Republicans should simply shut up and go away until November. Instead, they keep spamming this culture war stuff. It makes them look petty. Plus, the SCOTUS overturning Roe v Wade is already energizing Democrats. And the Jan 6 committee is making Trump look worse and worse. And yet members of the GOP still cling to him. All of these are going to push people away from the Republican Party. They think it’s all about the base and that they can overcome disparities by depressing turnout and gerrymandering up the wazoo. At some point, that falls apart when they get more and more unpopular.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Wha?

781b.gif

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1547370727699087366/

Demonstrating who the new "keystone cops" are, by going after everyone BUT the one truly responsible. Because investigating even a little bit to find out where the story actually came from was too difficult, and "inconvenient" to their new reality.
Follow up:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1547715932167884800/

There was zero question about this in my mind, but it’s good to see it confirmed. And I really hope these pundits have to pay up for their lies. The doctor’s attorney:

My client, Dr. Caitlin Bernard, took every appropriate and proper action in accordance with the law and both her medical and ethical training as a physician. She followed all relevant policies, procedures, and regulations in this case, just as she does every day to provide the best possible care for her patients. She has not violated any law, including patient privacy laws, and she has not been disciplined by her employer. We are considering legal action against those who have smeared my client, including Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita, and know that the facts will all come out in due time.

Top Bottom
1 2