Roe vs. Wade overturned

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Maybe it's because everyone and anyone in Texas can sue him into obscurity, their laws have become draconian.
And because the laws are new and vague. A doctor could easily end up in prison AND bankrupt if they guess wrong.

Somebody who previously said they wanted to keep abortion legal is now attacking doctors trying to navigate these laws. 🤥

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
And because the laws are new and vague. A doctor could easily end up in prison AND bankrupt if they guess wrong.

Somebody who previously said they wanted to keep abortion legal is now attacking doctors trying to navigate these laws. 🤥
After the doctor was attacked for giving the abortion to that raped 10 year old they're probably all spooked. Shout out to Fox News for pasting that doctors face all over their network.

D

Deleted member 215

It doesn't really matter if "not all Republicans" or whatever. They voted for these people, they supported these laws, they attacked the doctor who performed an abortion on a raped 10-year-old. What is it that Republicans are always saying about Muslims, that the moderate ones need to denounce the extremists? Maybe denounce the extremists by not supporting this shit.

We on the left were constantly told we need to repudiate "defund the police", but defund the police was mostly not even a thing. This, however, is spreading across various red states and may lead to a federal abortion ban.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter if "not all Republicans" or whatever. They voted for these people, they supported these laws, they attacked the doctor who performed an abortion on a raped 10-year-old. What is it that Republicans are always saying about Muslims, that the moderate ones need to denounce the extremists? Maybe denounce the extremists by not supporting this shit.

We on the left were constantly told we need to repudiate "defund the police", but defund the police was mostly not even a thing. This, however, is spreading across various red states and may lead to a federal abortion ban.
Many Trump voters claim they didn’t support his racist ideology; they only voted to get a conservative court. Now that the court made abortion illegal (as promised), they claim they didn’t want that either.

So what, pray tell, is the REAL reason they voted for Trump? Because I can’t keep up.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Yes. Yes. Yes.

An Indianapolis doctor who performed an abortion on a 10-year-old rape victim from Ohio took the first step Tuesday toward suing Indiana's attorney general for defamation.

Dr. Caitlin Bernard, an Indianapolis obstetrician-gynecologist who gave the girl a medication-induced abortion on June 30, filed a tort claim notice over what she says are false statements that Attorney General Todd Rokita has made about her and her work.

Bernard received widespread attention after she gave an interview to the Indianapolis Star about the child, who traveled to Indiana from Ohio for the abortion. A so-called fetal heartbeat law took effect in Ohio last month after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade. Such laws ban abortions from the time a fetus' heartbeat can be detected, which is typically around the sixth week of pregnancy.

A 27-year-old man was charged last week in Columbus, Ohio, with raping the girl, confirming the existence of a case that was initially met with skepticism by some news outlets and Republican politicians.

Bernard's lawyer, Kathleen DeLaney, filed the "tort claim notice" against Rokita just days after she sent a cease and desist letter. The claim starts a 90-day period for the state to settle it. If it's not settled, Bernard could file a lawsuit. The claim didn't say how much money Bernard is seeking, noting that "the harm is ongoing."
"Mr. Rokita's false and misleading statements about alleged misconduct by Dr. Bernard in her profession constitute defamation," the claim states. "The statements have been and continue to be published by or on behalf of Mr. Rokita and the Office of the Attorney General."

After the news of the 10-year-old's abortion broke, Rokita told Fox he would investigate whether Bernard violated child abuse notification or abortion reporting laws. He also said his office would look into whether anything Bernard said to the Indianapolis Star about the girl's case violated federal medical privacy laws. Rokita offered no specific allegations of wrongdoing.

Records obtained by The Associated Press and local news outlets show that Bernard submitted her report about the girl's abortion on July 2, which is within Indiana's required three-day reporting period for an abortion performed on a girl younger than 16.

Rokita did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

And, Yes. Yes. Yes.

Indiana’s attorney general faces an ethics complaint and possible investigation after he publicly launched a probe into a doctor who performed an abortion for a 10-year-old rape victim, multiple outlets report, a case that has become central in the debate over abortion rights in the U.S. and as evidence has suggested the physician did nothing wrong.
Former IU Maurer School of Law dean Lauren Robel sent a letter to the state’s Supreme Court disciplinary commission alleging AG Todd Rokita committed misconduct by launching the investigation into Dr. Caitlin Bernard without doing the proper “due diligence” first and “recklessly” made false allegations, the Indianapolis Star reports.

Robel accused Rokita of making “dangerous, politicized, and factually baseless assaults against” Bernard, going against his duty to “protect our citizens,” as quoted by the Star.

Rokita announced on Fox News last week his office had started investigating Bernard following confirmation that her story about a 10-year-old rape victim who was denied an abortion in Ohio was true, questioning without evidence whether Bernard failed to properly disclose the abortion as required under state law.

Public records obtained by multiple news outlets show Bernard did, in fact, report the abortion in line with state law, and Indiana University Health, Bernard’s employer, said in a statement it had investigated whether she had properly followed privacy laws—which Rokita said he was also investigating—and determined she had.

Rokita said he would continue the investigation despite that, and the AG’s office told Forbes Tuesday it would also not be deterred by Robel’s letter, accusing her allegations of being “without basis.”

This has to happen MORE, with elected officials more interested in grandstanding & pandering, than actually doing their jobs properly. Rushing to be on Faux News to whine about the Biden administration & immigration, THEN threaten to go after a doctor before learning all the facts, is NOT doing your job properly.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I love how she walks like she has been cuffed. But she wasn't. All for show.
You do understand that cuffed or not, police may often ask you to keep your hands behind your back as they do a version of the "perp walk"?

But it isn't surprising to see who focused on whether or not AOC was actually handcuffed, and not that being arrested for peaceful protest is how things are supposed to be done. Making a show of being arrested is often part of the protest as part of civil disobedience. I realize that concept may have fallen out of vogue with a certain crowd since a certain January 6th, who've opted for a different more forceful approach.

Let alone give a whit about WHAT she's protesting.

It is unclear if Capitol Police requested the congresswomen put their hands behind their back or if it was a personal choice. We reached out to Capitol Police, AOC, and Omar's office for comment.

But many conservatives took the opportunity to assume the two women were doing so for dramatic effect.

"Why are Democrats faking being arrested? Embarrassing", conservative comedians Hodgetwins wrote on Twitter.

"She was not arrested," conservative commentator Matt Walsh wrote in response to a video of AOC being arrested.

You know as opposed to storming the capital, threatening to hang a VP, zip tie/handcuff other members of congress, take souvenir's, prevent a peaceful transition of power, and more. THEN go home NOT arrested at the time.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
You do understand that cuffed or not, police may often ask you to keep your hands behind your back as they do a version of the "perp walk"?

But it isn't surprising to see who focused on whether or not AOC was actually handcuffed, and not that being arrested for peaceful protest is how things are supposed to be done. Making a show of being arrested is often part of the protest as part of civil disobedience. I realize that concept may have fallen out of vogue with a certain crowd since a certain January 6th, who've opted for a different more forceful approach.

Let alone give a whit about WHAT she's protesting.

You know as opposed to storming the capital, threatening to hang a VP, zip tie/handcuff other members of congress, take souvenir's, prevent a peaceful transition of power, and more. THEN go home NOT arrested at the time.
And now you’ve got Roger Stone calling for AOC and Ilhan Omar to be “SWATted” and go to prison for treason. All for peacefully protesting.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1549794474435530755/

And Lauren Boebert couldn’t miss her chance:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1549485749539594242/

And when I clicked on the link to Matt Walsh’s statement in your post, it went to a right-wing rabbit hole that was a bit disturbing, and also proved that Twitter is NOT censoring even the nuttiest of far-right rabble-rousers. Enough with the “I’m being censored” talk from the right already....

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
It speaks volumes when somebody excuses themselves from a discussion of a violent riot, but feels the need to chime in and insult those peacefully protesting.

That is what the right wing media has told them to focus on. It's literally what they're tweeting lol

The cult members have to fall in line.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
That is what the right wing media has told them to focus on. It's literally what they're tweeting lol

The cult members have to fall in line.
True; after glancing through the tweet-storm of replies to Matt Walsh, the genesis of the comment I replied to is apparent.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
True; after glancing through the tweet-storm of replies to Matt Walsh, the genesis of the comment I replied to is apparent.

It's sad how they all parrot the same things over and over. I'll read comments on tik tok from conservatives and they will all be saying the same things that were said on Fox News.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It's sad how they all parrot the same things over and over. I'll read comments on tik tok from conservatives and they will all be saying the same things that were said on Fox News.
Tik tok? Maybe they are all communists. According to Marco Rubio (who has been calling everybody communists lately), that’s how it works:

He also wrote a piece printed in the Wall Street Journal claiming there are secret Chinese communist cells all over America.

I guess he wants to be the Joe McCarthy of the 21st century, but I doubt anybody outside of the right-wing of the Cuban immigrant base in his state cares about such rhetoric.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Tik tok? Maybe they are all communists. According to Marco Rubio (who has been calling everybody communists lately), that’s how it works:

He also wrote a piece printed in the Wall Street Journal claiming there are secret Chinese communist cells all over America.

I guess he wants to be the Joe McCarthy of the 21st century, but I doubt anybody outside of the right-wing of the Cuban immigrant base in his state cares about such rhetoric.

They're trying to ban tik tok because it's helping to show the scam that is America.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
When you have to explain

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1549809724513722374/

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1549818514579591168/

But hey, they will give her attention while whining about her, then complain she gets too much attention.

But still no talk about why she & others were arrested for protesting.

You know, actually protesting, then actually getting arrested. Because some on the supreme court lied saying that abortion was settled as precedent, then it suddenly wasn't.
I also saw the video of her getting arrested and she pumped her fist in the air as she was led off. Not sure how you can simultaneously fake being handcuffed while thrusting one fist into the air… But it’s not really about that. We have an entire thread about the hate-boner the right wingers have for AOC.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Another unintended consequence of this decision, men trapped by psychotic women who feel the way to keep them in a long term relationship is to have their kid.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Going off the deep end,

you would be able to kill the woman to prevent her from getting an abortion.

Top Bottom
1 2