Stealing The Election 101

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The education system in America must be broken. How else can we explain millions of people who can’t tell reality from fiction?
Well it's broken all right but I think it's more about addiction to entertainment and celebrities. So, about television.

Television outlets like Sinclair: today on talk shows while other stations were listening to guests like Fauci etc.., Sinclair stations (the largest Fox News relay, reaching 40% of markets in the south, midwest and southwest) were re-airing a Trump town hall.

A lot of those people were educated a long time ago when the education system was worse.

But look at some of those Trump rallies, those are not all boomers or so-called silent generation folks older than the boomers... and anyway I don't think it was worse a long time ago. I think it was better in some aspects, but far too limited in its reach across socioeconomic (so, racial / ethnic) and geopolitical groups in the USA. And that part has definitely not gotten better since the 90s and the culture wars kicked off then by the Republican Party.

Part of it is about money, and in some complicated ways. About half of K-12 education in the USA is funded by property taxes. But thanks to a SCOTUS ruling in 1974 (Milliken v Bradley), a lot of the benefits to students and to the country that came out of desegregation after 1954 (Brown v Board of Ed) have been rolled back. This is because Milliken said that where there's more than one school district in a county, property taxes in that district don't have to cross the district lines.

And so then whammo, began the great divide where we now have predominantly white school districts getting about $23 billion more per year in funding than in mostly nonwhite districts. These variances are not all in the south either, where it can still be more common to have just one public school district per county, although private schools may be more prevalent there as a wealthy family's way of trying to improve basic education.

And then there's social change: when the boomers grew up and acquired the original "me generation" tag, suddenly when becoming parents they didn't feel like springing for what they had been given as a public investment in schooling. Particularly after the Milliken ruling, and aside from growing aversion to taxes in the Reagan era, they have tended to reject the idea that paying more to school someone else's kids is actually an investment.

Finally as to what the money buys: You can provide good facilities and instruction to students but you cannot educate anyone unless the kid decides to want to learn. So parenting, tutoring, and the socioeconomic associations there kick in: can you work two jobs and oversee your kid's homework? Afford a tutor? Give a damn?

Throw in regional, cultural including religious influences, mix well, and yeah, education is a mixed bag in the USA. I still think a lot of it is an American addiction to being entertained, and it spills over into a passive reactive attitude towards education. Trump has manged to fit right in there.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Wow. Just...wow. 😮

How the hell is this not illegal? Soliciting a Secretary of State to find a way to change the result?

The second Trump’s out he needs to be charged with attempted election fraud.
Jan 21, start the grand jury process to indict him and his co-conspirators.

lizkat

Reaction score
Jan 21, start the grand jury process to indict him and his co-conspirators.

He's gone too far for too long to ignore it. It's not how one wants to launch a new administration but this version of the Republican Party is a bunch of fricken scofflaws and apparently think all you have to do if you don't like a law is to ignore it or just say what happened didn't happen.

What I want to know is how do the Republicans imagine they are the only ones can pull this kind of thing if the Democrats are expected to overlook it when the GOP does it? McConnell seems to think his mission in life is to prevent Joe Biden from passing any legislation... even with a narrow margin or even as a minority leader. Where is this hubris coming from. I don't get it.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Wow. Just...wow. 😮

How the hell is this not illegal? Soliciting a Secretary of State to find a way to change the result?

Yes.

Wow, just wow, was my reaction when I read this yesterday, also.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I just read the transcript of the call. It’s fascinating—in the sense that Trump is weaving this tapestry of dead people voting, unoccupied addresses voting, votes being counted three times, others not at all...

You really need to read it. It’s rambling. Lots of rambling and wishful thinking about how it’s not possible he lost Georgia! Not with the size of the rallies he had!

And as usual he goes on about Trump voters who were turned away and tampered Dominion machines, his “proof” being unsourced anecdotal stories.

It’s embarrassingly unhinged, like a child being told Santa Claus is not real and having a meltdown because he absolutely refuses to believe it. It’s really sad that because of the authority of the office, so many people are being forced to listen to his delusional jeremiads.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
There are many Trump voters who also say things like “yeah right 81 million ppl voted for Biden... just look at the size of Trump’s rallies...” I had a discussion with a guy who said ‘only people in big cities voted for Biden’ and simply wouldn’t believe it when it was pointed out that 80% of Americans live in urban areas, so he had to be given a link to the census website as proof.

There seems to be a tendency to almost blindly follow the leader. So when Trump says anything, they believe it without question. Pretty worrisome, but in history, is this pretty common behavior for us humans?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I just read the transcript of the call. It’s fascinating—in the sense that Trump is weaving this tapestry of dead people voting, unoccupied addresses voting, votes being counted three times, others not at all...

You really need to read it. It’s rambling. Lots of rambling and wishful thinking about how it’s not possible he lost Georgia! Not with the size of the rallies he had!

And as usual he goes on about Trump voters who were turned away and tampered Dominion machines, his “proof” being unsourced anecdotal stories.

It’s embarrassingly unhinged, like a child being told Santa Claus is not real and having a meltdown because he absolutely refuses to believe it. It’s really sad that because of the authority of the office, so many people are being forced to listen to his delusional jeremiads.
Sheepus Wrist!

That's a complete detachment of reality! Rally sizes determine voting?

Fulton County is who he specifically wants to target? 🤔

At least the basis of his claim about out of state voters is based on reality. The reality that a Florida lawyer is being investigated for moving to Georgia to vote for 45. Which makes sense since 45 has always been about projection.

lizkat

Reaction score
There are many Trump voters who also say things like “yeah right 81 million ppl voted for Biden... just look at the size of Trump’s rallies...” I had a discussion with a guy who said ‘only people in big cities voted for Biden’ and simply wouldn’t believe it when it was pointed out that 80% of Americans live in urban areas, so he had to be given a link to the census website as proof.

There seems to be a tendency to almost blindly follow the leader. So when Trump says anything, they believe it without question. Pretty worrisome, but in history, is this pretty common behavior for us humans?

I'd just show them a map of their state that has county breakouts. The New York Times has one.

Even in conservative districts and counties there were a bunch of people who "voted for the other guy"... the Democrat... all over the USA. In a lot of the red states in 2020 Biden typically took one out of three votes for president, so we're talking millions and millions of votes for Biden even in those areas.

In the very most Trump-favoring of all the rural upstate counties in New York State --Wyoming County just east of Buffalo-- Trump still only got 71% of the vote, and Biden picked up the votes of more than five thousand people in that one red county alone. Plenty of Trump rallies hosted fewer than 5-8k fans. I distinctly remember one in Tulsa last summer had 6200 people in attendance. Forbes ran a piece that was making a big deal about the lack of masks...

But it's true that you can throw numbers at some Trump fans and their rebuttal is simply that that's not what Trump says. But why do they think it's not even possible that someone decides to vote for "the other guy"? This is the USA and we can vote for the candidate of our choice. Wanting the guy we voted for to win is one thing but trying to say that he had to win because that's how it should be, or worse "that's how my guy said it turned out!" is just nuts.

lizkat

Reaction score
That transcript was really something. Trump is off his rocker.

I'm amazed these guys in Georgia could keep their cool while he insults and cajoles and insinuates "dishonesty or incompetence"...

He's got these numbers in his head now that he says he supposedly lost Georgia by, but he wants to have won Georgia... and so he figures he just needs Georgia officials to "come up with" that number of votes plus either two more or half a million more, he says, since winning is winning, et voila, problem solved and he has won Georgia. He's insane.

Raffensperger: Mr. President, you have people that submit information, and we have our people that submit information. And then it comes before the court, and the court then has to make a determination. We have to stand by our numbers. We believe our numbers are right.

Trump: Why do you say that, though? I don’t know. I mean, sure, we can play this game with the courts, but why do you say that? First of all, they don’t even assign us a judge. They don’t even assign us a judge. But why wouldn’t you . . . Hey Brad, why wouldn’t you want to check out [name] ? And why wouldn’t you want to say, hey, if in fact, President Trump is right about that, then he wins the state of Georgia, just that one incident alone without going through hundreds of thousands of dropped ballots. You just say, you stick by, I mean I’ve been watching you, you know, you don’t care about anything. “Your numbers are right.” But your numbers aren’t right. They’re really wrong, and they’re really wrong, Brad. And I know this phone call is going nowhere other than, other than ultimately, you know — Look, ultimately, I win, okay? Because you guys are so wrong. And you treated this. You treated the population of Georgia so badly. You, between you and your governor, who is down at 21, he was down 21 points. And like a schmuck, I endorsed him, and he got elected, but I will tell you, he is a disaster. The people are so angry in Georgia, I can’t imagine he’s ever getting elected again, I’ll tell you that much right now. But why wouldn’t you want to find the right answer, Brad, instead of keep saying that the numbers are right? ’Cause those numbers are so wrong?

Germany: I don’t know about that. I do know that we have, when military ballots come in, it’s not just military, it’s also military and overseas citizens. The military part of that does generally go Republican. The overseas citizen part of it generally goes very Democrat. This was a mix of ’em.

Trump: No, but this was. That’s okay. But I got like 78 percent of the military. These ballots were all for . . . They didn’t tell me overseas. Could be overseas, too, but I get votes overseas, too, Ryan, in all fairness. No they came in, a large batch came in, and it was, quote, 100 percent for Biden. And that is criminal. You know, that’s criminal. Okay. That’s another criminal, that’s another of the many criminal events, many criminal events here.

I don’t know, look, Brad. I got to get . . . I have to find 12,000 votes, and I have them times a lot. And therefore, I won the state. That’s before we go to the next step, which is in the process of right now. You know, and I watched you this morning, and you said, well, there was no criminality.

But I mean all of this stuff is very dangerous stuff. When you talk about no criminality, I think it’s very dangerous for you to say that.

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
I certainly hope this will destroy any plans that group of senators had to cause a ruckus on Wednesday. But they’re too greedy and selfish to do the right thing.
The thing is there’s now two states trump will be arrested on state charges - where in the second they will get a democratic AG if they don’t put Trump in jail.

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well it's broken all right but I think it's more about addiction to entertainment and celebrities. So, about television.

Television outlets like Sinclair: today on talk shows while other stations were listening to guests like Fauci etc.., Sinclair stations (the largest Fox News relay, reaching 40% of markets in the south, midwest and southwest) were re-airing a Trump town hall.

But look at some of those Trump rallies, those are not all boomers or so-called silent generation folks older than the boomers... and anyway I don't think it was worse a long time ago. I think it was better in some aspects, but far too limited in its reach across socioeconomic (so, racial / ethnic) and geopolitical groups in the USA. And that part has definitely not gotten better since the 90s and the culture wars kicked off then by the Republican Party.

Part of it is about money, and in some complicated ways. About half of K-12 education in the USA is funded by property taxes. But thanks to a SCOTUS ruling in 1974 (Milliken v Bradley), a lot of the benefits to students and to the country that came out of desegregation after 1954 (Brown v Board of Ed) have been rolled back. This is because Milliken said that where there's more than one school district in a county, property taxes in that district don't have to cross the district lines.

And so then whammo, began the great divide where we now have predominantly white school districts getting about $23 billion more per year in funding than in mostly nonwhite districts. These variances are not all in the south either, where it can still be more common to have just one public school district per county, although private schools may be more prevalent there as a wealthy family's way of trying to improve basic education.

And then there's social change: when the boomers grew up and acquired the original "me generation" tag, suddenly when becoming parents they didn't feel like springing for what they had been given as a public investment in schooling. Particularly after the Milliken ruling, and aside from growing aversion to taxes in the Reagan era, they have tended to reject the idea that paying more to school someone else's kids is actually an investment.

Finally as to what the money buys: You can provide good facilities and instruction to students but you cannot educate anyone unless the kid decides to want to learn. So parenting, tutoring, and the socioeconomic associations there kick in: can you work two jobs and oversee your kid's homework? Afford a tutor? Give a damn?

Throw in regional, cultural including religious influences, mix well, and yeah, education is a mixed bag in the USA. I still think a lot of it is an American addiction to being entertained, and it spills over into a passive reactive attitude towards education. Trump has manged to fit right in there.
Certainly here in the UK while the better schools have been good for a long time the poorer schools have improved from being dire to being a lot lot better over time.

That said it’s more about life attitude. If you take an approach to life that you need to learn as you go then schooling isn’t all that important. If you don’t then you can be pretty dumb and therefore susceptible to this stuff. There are plenty who went to even the best schools in that camp.

That said I think a bigger problem is the left failing to connect. There are plenty of perfectly nice older people who don’t believe in conspiracy theories who vote Republican/conservative because they always have any they aren’t that political.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
That transcript was really something. Trump is off his rocker.

I'm amazed these guys in Georgia could keep their cool while he insults and cajoles and insinuates "dishonesty or incompetence"...

He's got these numbers in his head now that he says he supposedly lost Georgia by, but he wants to have won Georgia... and so he figures he just needs Georgia officials to "come up with" that number of votes plus either two more or half a million more, he says, since winning is winning, et voila, problem solved and he has won Georgia. He's insane.
Trump has always has a propensity to say wild things but this is the first time I've actually heard him sound like a really crazy person so out of touch with reality. Right now it's taking a lot to make the people say "wow" but Trump has managed to do it here.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow. Just...wow. 😮

There’d be nothing wrong with recalculating. What a FUCKING POS, :poop: he needs some jail time for desperately needed perspective. It would be for his own good.🤬

lizkat

Reaction score
Here's a clear explanation of what's happening, Most of us get what would ensue if we pulled Trump's stunt at a bank.

Trump's gig made clear.jpg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow. Just...wow. 😮

Un oh, some Republicans have pulled out the big guns and called this "Deeply troubling". Trump better hope they don't evaluate it to "Unbecoming of folks" status. It would add this event to Trump supporters' list of "I don't agree with everything he does" that still won't keep them from supporting him.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Un oh, some Republicans have pulled out the big guns and called this "Deeply troubling". Trump better hope they don't evaluate it to "Unbecoming of folks" status. It would add this event to Trump supporters' list of "I don't agree with everything he does" that still won't keep them from supporting him.
CNN said they asked some Republicans at Mike Pence's rally what they thought and many said they haven't even heard about it yet. Sounds like mum's the word over at Fox.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
CNN said they asked some Republicans at Mike Pence's rally what they thought and many said they haven't even heard about it yet. Sounds like mum's the word over at Fox.
I swear r congress people are the most uninformed individuals about what the head of their party & leader of the free world say, that the 'fake' MSM has to keep cluing them in on. :rolleyes:

Or... that's literal the weakest excuse in the world, demonstrating the laziness of the r's.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

The spin I’ve heard from the Republicans popping their heads out of Trump’s rear orifice to weigh in is that the real outrage here is that the call was recorded and released, nothing about the content of the call should get people angry. It’s very unfolksy to air folk’s private business, I guess even when it’s in fact public business.

Top Bottom
1 2