Stealing The Election 101

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Texas breaks bad filing a frivolous, without merit lawsuit on behalf of The Head Crook, which is rejected immediately. Who are these Texans?

SCOTUS Rejects Seditious Texas Lawsuit Out of Hand

120+ GOP Congressmen supported this lawsuit without merit. Who are these Republican?

Here are the Republican members of Congress who signed on to the suit to throw out the votes in 4 states​

And the icing on the cake. Lacking knowledge, wisdom, and judgement, more kneejerk idiocy from deep in the heart of Texas. Let’s talk to them about their National Debt tab... 👀

Texas GOP actually suggests secession after Trump's Supreme Court election challenge fails​

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Again, Democrats should attach the words "seditious" or "treasonous" to every single one of those Republicans from now until at least 2022. They've given the Dems a gift to use against them in the next election and beyond.

I've been thinking about this. We need to come together as Americans to get some stuff done, that's for sure, and so I'm not convinced it would be good for Pelosi to refuse to seat these seditious sons of guns, but it would not be right for the House not to set the record straight for history about their behavior, either.

So I would hope the 117th House after being sworn in would censure them all by name with a long "... whereas..." explaining what they did and said in December that completely ignored the oath they knew they would have to swear in January (and that they were already sworn to if they were incumbents re-elected in November). Let history be the judge of them but let the record show the depth of their betrayal of their oath to the Constitution.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I kind of disagree. We have let these people have way too much slack. They have been demonstrating that they can get away with behaving like toddlers. We simply have to rein them in. If they reject the result of the election, that is on them: tell them to petition their state for a special election that they can run in and, if the win, they may have a seat, because apparently this election was not satisfactory for them.

Seriously, do we want spoiled brats in Congress? I mean, not that many of them are not as it is, but if they can behave with decorum, we can tolerate them. This bullshit has gone on long enough. If we let them push and do not push back, they will keep pushing until we end up against the wall.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this. We need to come together as Americans to get some stuff done, that's for sure, and so I'm not convinced it would be good for Pelosi to refuse to seat these seditious sons of guns, but it would not be right for the House not to set the record straight for history about their behavior, either.

So I would hope the 117th House after being sworn in would censure them all by name with a long "... whereas..." explaining what they did and said in December that completely ignored the oath they knew they would have to swear in January (and that they were already sworn to if they were incumbents re-elected in November). Let history be the judge of them but let the record show the depth of their betrayal of their oath to the Constitution.

I kind of disagree. We have let these people have way too much slack. They have been demonstrating that they can get away with behaving like toddlers. We simply have to rein them in. If they reject the result of the election, that is on them: tell them to petition their state for a special election that they can run in and, if the win, they may have a seat, because apparently this election was not satisfactory for them.

Seriously, do we want spoiled brats in Congress? I mean, not that many of them are not as it is, but if they can behave with decorum, we can tolerate them. This bullshit has gone on long enough. If we let them push and do not push back, they will keep pushing until we end up against the wall.
I agree with both your points and as long as districts support, endorse this kind of representation I think we are close to being screwed and a revolution if half the country or let’s say 30-40% have broken bad, live in a fantasy world where lies are ok, as long as I think I get what I want. We are no longer a functioning team and the reality is that the sheep are just too stupid to realize they’ve thrown in with the shearers, as in it’s good to be a sheep, with benevolent owners, I’ll be taken care of, volunteering to subvert the standards of a democracy or have decided that they no longer want to participate in a democracy where they don’t get their way. 😢

It’s a long shot we will even see censure of any kind.

Last edited:

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
I agree with both your points and as long as districts support, endorse this kind of representation I think we are close to being screwed and a revolution if half the country or let’s say 30-40% have broken bad, live in a fantasy world where lies are ok, as long as I think I get what I want. We are no longer a functioning team and the reality is that the sheep are just too stupid to realize they’ve thrown in with the shearers, as in it’s good to be a sheep, with benevolent owners, I’ll be taken care of, volunteering to subvert the standards of a democracy and have decided that they no longer want to participate in a democracy where they don’t get their way. 😢

It’s a long shot we will even see censure of any kind.

personally I’d deny the leadership people and allow the others in if they apologise and issue a statement saying Biden was elected free and fair.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

You're right, of course. But not to seat all those congress critters --nearly a quarter of the House-- will be seen as disenfranchising their constituents. That is a lot of American voters plus the armchair quarterbacks who didn't bother voting but will be up in arms (possibly literally) over "your Democrat [sic] leadership is not seating MY Republican congressman? wtf and gtfo" and etc.

Not sure how that really helps Biden do the one thing he has to do early on in office, which is make it clear this administration is not focused on splitting one group of Americans from another in order to make political hay and self-serving "Feel Our Power Baby!" headlines off it.

We'd almost certainly lose the House in 2022 --given the usual midterm slide in a same-party administration's grip on that body-- and could immediately forget cooperation across the aisle if we did not get the two Georgia Senate seats still awaiting runoff elections on Jan 5th. Would also make great fodder for R ads in ensuing state legislative and governorship campaigns. "These people took your vote away during the 117th Congress..."

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Pelosi not seat that whole crowd and it would be a reinforcement of bright lines regarding our rule of law. But a possibly pyrrhic victory in the end doesn't really help keep the next Trump from cashing in on the displaced, misplaced rage of his authoritarian followers. That's my concern.

Sure the activists among them are louder than the more passive-reactive types among their number, and in total they are a distinct minority... but loud counts too much in the age of social media and instantaneous communication. And we don't really know how many Trump voters in 2020 were policy voters looking for more tax cuts and deregulation, versus those w/ Trump on a pedestal. Some suggest it's about a third in the Trump cult. Maybe they'll implode like other cults do on very short notice. But, maybe they won't. Not seating those 126 Rs in Congress would prolong their allegiance.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Some more crazy pants

In another sign of the lingering unrest over President Donald Trump's election loss, an Arizona group sent the National Archives in Washington, D.C., notarized documents last week intended to deliver, wrongly, the state's 11 electoral votes for him.

Copies of the documents obtained by The Arizona Republic show a group that claimed to represent the "sovereign citizens of the Great State of Arizona" submitted signed papers casting votes for what they want: a second term for Trump and Vice President Mike Pence.

Mesa resident Lori Osiecki, 62, helped created a facsimile of the "certificate of ascertainment" that is submitted to formally cast each state's electoral votes as part of an effort to prevent what she views as the fraudulent theft of the election.

"We seated before the legislators here. We already turned it in. We beat them to the game," she said.
The 11 electors actually chosen by Arizona voters last month — meeting in an unpublicized location because of security concerns over their task — cast their votes Monday for President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, formalizing the Democrats' victory nationally and in the state.

While Osiecki's elector documents do not appear to have been taken as genuine, they are part of a weekslong effort, led by Trump, his advisers, and involving Arizona Republican Party officials and three members of Arizona's GOP congressional delegation casting doubt on the legitimacy of Biden's victory in Arizona and nationally.

The fantasy narrative has spilled out of the internet and into the streets. In Georgia, pro-Trump Republicans claimed to cast the state’s Electoral College votes for Trump. (Biden won Georgia by 12,000 votes.) In Nevada, the chair of the state’s Republican Party held a press conference to “certify” Nevada’s six electoral votes for Trump. (Biden won Nevada by 34,000 votes.) In Michigan, a crowd of would-be electors demanded to enter the statehouse to cast their votes for Trump, but were refused because the actual Electoral College members were already inside.

These Republican votes are not official, not recognized, and have no real-world weight whatsoever. But to Trump’s die-hard fans, they are a key part of a plan that ends with Congress overturning the election results and handing the presidency back to Trump.

The theory goes that when Congress counts the Electoral College votes on Jan. 6, lawmakers will declare Biden’s win to be fraudulent and choose to count the pro-Trump slates of Electoral College votes instead, carrying him to victory. The pro-Trump internet is awash with slogans like “Hold the line” and “Stop the steal” calling for supporters not to give up.

“There is a 0.0% chance Biden will see his hand on a bible on January 20th. Fear not,” reads one comment on the pro-Trump message board TheDonald.win that is in line with the general sentiment.

This narrative is being reinforced straight from the White House.

“We have more than enough time to right the wrong of this fraudulent election result and certify Donald Trump as the winner,” Trump adviser Stephen Miller said on Fox News Monday morning.

The idea is based on an unprecedented but technically possible reading of the United States Constitution. In theory, Congress could try to count a renegade set of Electoral College votes, or just refuse to count Electoral College votes cast for Joe Biden. It’s a desperate long shot. So far, not a single Republican in the Senate has agreed to challenge the Electoral College results, and nearly all of them would need to go along with such a scheme.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I have to start realizing that this is some ability or gift delivered upon a select group of American citizens denied the rest of us no matter our backgrounds.

Trending on Twitter at this time with 14K is #Bidenwillneverbepresident

How does that work? I hadn't realized until this year, that some people can just 'will away' the results of an election. If I had known that, I would have done it 4 years ago. Along with quite a few others I'm sure.

I remember when people were getting all in their feelings when "Not my president" started with Bush, and posters in "the other land" wanted desperately for me stopping using "45" as my reference to the current president.

But, #Bidenwillneverbepresident is taking it up a completely new level.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I went to pick up my dinner tonight and the truck in front of me had a sticker that said “The Deplorables” and another sticker that said “Trump 2020 Stop the Steal!” I had to do a facepalm 🤦🏻‍♂️ They already have Stop the steal bumper stickers! He also had a big gun sticker saying he will be ready to fight for his 2A rights.

We need to work on mental health in this country. People who put these crazy stickers on their vehicles have issues. And most of the time it’s right wing BS.

Top Bottom
1 2