Texas

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Obviously the police were hesitant because they wanted to be able to report that no firearms had been harmed as a result of their response.

Also in Texas as long as you obtained your first firearm legally you are given a celebratory grace period to shoot up whatever you want. It's usually not school children but somebody had to do it. It put the police in a bind on which law takes precedent over the other. While waiting outside the classroom they were probably going "I remember when I got my first gun. What a rush. Good for him."

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

What a horror show, but probably shouldn't be too surprised in a state where they decided to proceed with a NRA convention a week after a bunch of children got gunned down to a pulp.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

What a horror show, but probably shouldn't be too surprised in a state where they decided to proceed with a NRA convention a week after a bunch of children got gunned down to a pulp.
man they are living in some alternative world. Texas is a lost cause at this point. they down want voting anymore.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
The problem with Texas is that the 'r' party has gone so far around the ben, when it needs to top itself for attention, it's drifted into monstrous territory.

After rejecting part of their own party, going wacko with the past election, they've decided 'F' and start saying the "quiet parts" out loud. You hate to hear what's next, but when a party had decided only group is of value to them, all others need not apply.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The problem with Texas is that the 'r' party has gone so far around the ben, when it needs to top itself for attention, it's drifted into monstrous territory.

After rejecting part of their own party, going wacko with the past election, they've decided 'F' and start saying the "quiet parts" out loud. You hate to hear what's next, but when a party had decided only group is of value to them, all others need not apply.

It's unfortunate that the Democrats have moved so far to the right that the only way the Republicans can differentiate themselves is by courting the extremists. Now center right is considered "radical left".

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
This one's kind of a catch all that makes it difficult to decide where to post. It's got Joe Rogan ( who was trending because of comments about Canada & guns that were getting him mocked ), blaming "defund the police", progressives, being pro police because you can't blame them or guns for anything, and Uvalde.

Joe Rogan, host of the popular "Joe Rogan Experience" podcast, had on fighter Tim Kennedy who blamed demonization of law enforcement and the "Defund the Police" movement for rising crime rates and recent mass shootings, like the one in Uvalde, Texas.

The former Green Beret sniper appeared on the podcast to promote his latest book "Scars and Stripes" on Thursday. Their conversation eventually led to the Texas school shooting and the failures of the police to act in a timely manner.

"An argument that’s, like, missing about the police is that the police don’t train the way special operations train, but yet they’re involved in combat scenarios on a regular basis," Rogan commented.

"So what we’re experiencing right now is a byproduct of what society's forced the police to become, you know, they’re demonizing military training for law enforcement," Kennedy said. "And, then, obviously, we just experienced Defund the Police. And nearly every large city has seen a crazy rise in crime. And the ones that these large cities that defunded their police to include Austin, you know, we’ve never seen homicides like this."

Kennedy added that it was ridiculous to assume that providing "less training and less funding" to officers would result in better policing overall.

"And then the people that they’re protecting, [we're] going to disarm. So the people coming to save them are untrained and unprepared. It’s creating this disastrous situation," he said.

This is the problem with Rogan ( never fact checking or giving a fuck about facts ) and the danger of talking points. Real quick, Austin's "DTP" lasted a year, and money is being "refunded" back to them. As if that has shit to do with Uvalde, who spends I believe 40% of their budget on police. They literally have a SWAT team for a city as small as that, and it did NOTHING. But yes, let's just grab "DTP" as the problem. NOT guns. NOT police & "fear for their life". It's DTP. Yes, it's true ordinary police don't train the way special forces do, because they should have to! That's what Special Weapons And Tactics are for. Who again, did nothing. Instead it was as a special unit of the Border Patrol who did the work. You can shift blame, but at least have some credible argument instead of a fucking talking point. If 40% of a town's budget is going towards police, you can't really say DTP is to blame, unless you assume that 50% or more of the budget is required. If you're doing that though, you're giving away your game if you try for the "we need more resources for mental health" talking point after shootings as well. The guest was stretching things & might have gotten away with his talking point, if Uvalde hadn't been brought up.

Pro tip: If you aren't going to grasp that the pandemic had an effect on lowering almost everything including crime, you gotta be able to notice when we had a period of zero or low mass shootings. During the pandemic. Pandemic is considered over, what began to happen again?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
This one's kind of a catch all that makes it difficult to decide where to post. It's got Joe Rogan ( who was trending because of comments about Canada & guns that were getting him mocked ), blaming "defund the police", progressives, being pro police because you can't blame them or guns for anything, and Uvalde.

This is the problem with Rogan ( never fact checking or giving a fuck about facts ) and the danger of talking points. Real quick, Austin's "DTP" lasted a year, and money is being "refunded" back to them. As if that has shit to do with Uvalde, who spends I believe 40% of their budget on police. They literally have a SWAT team for a city as small as that, and it did NOTHING. But yes, let's just grab "DTP" as the problem. NOT guns. NOT police & "fear for their life". It's DTP. Yes, it's true ordinary police don't train the way special forces do, because they should have to! That's what Special Weapons And Tactics are for. Who again, did nothing. Instead it was as a special unit of the Border Patrol who did the work. You can shift blame, but at least have some credible argument instead of a fucking talking point. If 40% of a town's budget is going towards police, you can't really say DTP is to blame, unless you assume that 50% or more of the budget is required. If you're doing that though, you're giving away your game if you try for the "we need more resources for mental health" talking point after shootings as well. The guest was stretching things & might have gotten away with his talking point, if Uvalde hadn't been brought up.

Pro tip: If you aren't going to grasp that the pandemic had an effect on lowering almost everything including crime, you gotta be able to notice when we had a period of zero or low mass shootings. During the pandemic. Pandemic is considered over, what began to happen again?

BREAKING NEWS: Man with career in war zones fantasizes about utopia where every square inch of land is a war zone.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Plus, they refused to give the police Ivermectin.

But as usual for Rogan, it’s all blatant lies. The Uvalde SWAT team ABSOLUTELY did special training, in the school where this happened, specifically for this type of scenario. And they told everybody about it on their Facebook page.

Everybody should cancel Spotify; they made their bed with Rogan, now let them sleep in it with all the money taken out from under the mattress.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
:oops: THIS will be interesting!!

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1539455303271456768/

UVALDE, Texas – A Uvalde resident appeared to discover a loophole in city policy that changed the course of a nationally watched vote during Tuesday’s council meeting.

Kim Hammond, who lives a few houses away from Robb Elementary School, testified against a motion to grant beleaguered Uvalde schools police Chief Pete Arredondo a “leave of absence from future meetings.”

“You said ‘we don’t have the power to fire him’,” Hammond said while speaking to Uvalde Mayor Don McLaughlin and the rest of the council. “Let me give you a simple out.”

Arredondo has been blamed by state police officials for an “abject failure” and delayed response to the massacre that killed 21 people at the school on May 24.

The embattled Arredondo was elected to represent Uvalde city council district 3 in the May 7 election and was privately sworn in as a city council member on May 31, just one week after the shooting.

He has largely been in hiding since a few days after the shooting, and has not attended city council.

“Why the hell would you (grant a leave of absence)? Let him miss! Three meetings, he’s my councilman, let him miss three,” Hammond said. “Don’t waste any more time on him...Don’t give him an out. We don’t want him. We want him out.”

Maybe an official will finally have to face the people he supposedly works for? Or he rightly does get the boot?

:oops:

I added the article because the tweet is kind of vague about what Arredondo would be sacked from

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
:oops: THIS will be interesting!!

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1539455303271456768/

Maybe an official will finally have to face the people he supposedly works for? Or he rightly does get the boot?

:oops:

I added the article because the tweet is kind of vague about what Arredondo would be sacked from
I cannot figure out why he didn’t just step down from the council. Does he really think he has a future in Uvalde politics?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I cannot figure out why he didn’t just step down from the council. Does he really think he has a future in Uvalde politics?
In Texas? Yes. He was handed the City Council job, I'm sure mechanisms are place to stay in that job if he wants. With Texas it's about insuring one stays in a position elected or not, if you are a 'r'.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
The problem is that people don't believe that Republicans have gotten far right and are becoming more and more fascists'.

You know how many times I have gotten into debates with conservatives and they're like "not all of us are like that. Those are just the extreme ones. Most conservatives aren't like that" .....and then when you point out that no, Republicans are actually putting these things into their agenda they go silent. You can literally show them GOP platforms and they will still not believe it or they just don't care because they are not the Target.

That is another reason why I am not friends with current Republicans. They do not care that people are being targeted by GOP platforms.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The problem is that people don't believe that Republicans have gotten far right and are becoming more and more fascists'.

You know how many times I have gotten into debates with conservatives and they're like "not all of us are like that. Those are just the extreme ones. Most conservatives aren't like that" .....and then when you point out that no, Republicans are actually putting these things into their agenda they go silent. You can literally show them GOP platforms and they will still not believe it or they just don't care because they are not the Target.

That is another reason why I am not friends with current Republicans. They do not care that people are being targeted by GOP platforms.

It’s also probably safe to assume that their only views of Democrats comes from the fearmongering of their right-wing media. No matter how low or despicable the Republican party goes it's somehow still ALWAYS better than Democrats.

I think there is a key difference between the fearmongering from either side. The fearmongering from the right is almost entirely tied up in what Democrats could do or magical thinking while the fearmongering from the left is largely what the Republicans are doing.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
The Astros had Pride Night last night and people lost their minds.

The amount of people that think Pride is celebrating sexuality is just mind boggling. This is what you get when proper history isn't taught to people. They think Pride is just celebrating sex between people of the same sex lol - They don't know that Pride started as a riot. People were tired of police raiding gay bars and arresting people for being there and fought back. That is how Pride started. But these people think Pride at the Astros was going to be Justin Verlander having sex with Jose Altuve on the field. People in this country are stupid.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

The amount of people that think Pride is celebrating sexuality is just mind boggling. This is what you get when proper history isn't taught to people. They think Pride is just celebrating sex between people of the same sex lol - They don't know that Pride started as a riot. People were tired of police raiding gay bars and arresting people for being there and fought back. That is how Pride started. But these people think Pride at the Astros was going to be Justin Verlander having sex with Jose Altuve on the field. People in this country are stupid.

Verlander is injured. He’s not available for that activity.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Living where I do its rare that I see any sign of rightwing extremism, but it does happen. I can’t imagine living somewhere where you get slapped in the face with it daily. The other morning going to work there was a truck in front of me that had a Trump/Pence bumper sticker on the right side of their bumper and a 2nd Amendment bumper sticker on the left (could you be any more of a cliché?). Once on the open road I made it a point to get as far away from that potential ignorant timebomb-mobile as quickly as possible.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Texas wants to ban abortion, open carry with no background check or permit of any sort, reject homosexuals even from being affiliated with their own party, overturn the 1965 voting rights act...

Yet they will still look you in the eye and say unflinchingly that democrats are racists who try to keep minorities down and that republicans are the party of all people. You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Top Bottom
1 2