Texas

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I.....I.......can't even fully express my anger right now. 🚨 :mad:

Officers working for Gov. Greg Abbott’s border security initiative have been ordered to push small children and nursing babies back into the Rio Grande, and have been told not to give water to asylum seekers even in extreme heat, according to an email from a Department of Public Safety trooper who described the actions as “inhumane.”

"I believe we have stepped over a line into the inhumane"

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
the boarder patrol is pretty much above the law and the constitution does not apply to them. they get way with all kinds of shit including rape of young and old murder. they make fun of the dead they find and put pics about it. Hell abbot does not give water to workers who are US citizens so no biggie there.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I.....I.......can't even fully express my anger right now. 🚨 :mad:

"I believe we have stepped over a line into the inhumane"

It makes you wonder how many of them will comply? Or have some sleepless nights If they do? :unsure:

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Heard of don’t feed the bears in national parks? In Houston you’ll get cited for feeding the homeless.

Well, to be fair, the law appears to be “you can’t feed more than 5 people on someone else’s property without the property-owner’s permission.” If unhoused people showed up on my front lawn and a church came and started feeding them without talking to me first, I’d probably be pretty annoyed about that.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, the law appears to be “you can’t feed more than 5 people on someone else’s property without the property-owner’s permission.” If unhoused people showed up on my front lawn and a church came and started feeding them without talking to me first, I’d probably be pretty annoyed about that.

That's a fair point. However, the story mentions that this occurred outside a public library. I'm glad they were found not guilty.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Also to be fair most laws dealing with the homeless have little to do with helping the homeless and more to do with keeping them from inconveniencing the housed, up to and including just having to see them. So beyond that I think you have to look at the general attitude of the place where the law exists, but I know that’s not a legal argument.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Parents want history taught with no political ideology as PragerU eyes Texas classrooms​

A series of videos aiming to teach a more conservative viewpoint in relation to history could be coming to Texas schools.

The organization PragerU, which is not a university but a right-leaning advocacy group and media organization, announced in a video that they’re bringing their content to the Lone Star State, but not all state leaders agree that’s the case.

PragerU’s curriculum isn’t shy about its intent.

“Modern teaching of history is not honest history, it’s leftist ideology being crammed down the throat of your kids,” said an announcer in one of their videos.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Stay away, stay away, stay away from Coffee City, Texas

This Texas town has about 250 people. It has 50 sworn police officers.​

Coffee City’s budget shows the town collected more than $1 million in court fines last year. That came from more than 5,100 citations officers wrote, the most in the state for a town its size according to the Texas Office of Court Administration.
But there is more to this story than a small town writing a bunch of speeding tickets. KHOU 11 Investigates discovered Coffee City is a magnet for troubled cops. More than half of the department’s 50 officers had been suspended, demoted, terminated or dishonorably discharged from their previous law enforcement jobs, according to personnel files obtained through open records requests to other law enforcement agencies.
Those prior disciplinary actions range from excessive force, public drunkenness, untruthfulness and association with known criminals. They include:
  • An officer terminated for posting a Facebook message to a citizen: “You should kill yourself, do the world a favor.”
  • An officer suspended for smashing a window and entering his girlfriend’s home without consent.
  • A deputy constable suspended after a burglary victim’s laptop computer was found in his home.
  • A deputy constable terminated for tackling a non-resisting citizen to the ground during a traffic stop.
  • A deputy sheriff terminated for slapping a handcuffed inmate without provocation.
  • Two officers terminated for lying on their job applications.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Stay away, stay away, stay away from Coffee City, Texas

This Texas town has about 250 people. It has 50 sworn police officers.​

Coffee City’s budget shows the town collected more than $1 million in court fines last year. That came from more than 5,100 citations officers wrote, the most in the state for a town its size according to the Texas Office of Court Administration.
But there is more to this story than a small town writing a bunch of speeding tickets. KHOU 11 Investigates discovered Coffee City is a magnet for troubled cops. More than half of the department’s 50 officers had been suspended, demoted, terminated or dishonorably discharged from their previous law enforcement jobs, according to personnel files obtained through open records requests to other law enforcement agencies.
Those prior disciplinary actions range from excessive force, public drunkenness, untruthfulness and association with known criminals. They include:
  • An officer terminated for posting a Facebook message to a citizen: “You should kill yourself, do the world a favor.”
  • An officer suspended for smashing a window and entering his girlfriend’s home without consent.
  • A deputy constable suspended after a burglary victim’s laptop computer was found in his home.
  • A deputy constable terminated for tackling a non-resisting citizen to the ground during a traffic stop.
  • A deputy sheriff terminated for slapping a handcuffed inmate without provocation.
  • Two officers terminated for lying on their job applications.
Those police officers could’ve tried the defense George Costanza used after he had sex with an office cleaning woman:

“Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? I tell you I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, cause I’ve worked in a lot of offices and I tell you people do that all the time.”

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I have friends that are proud of their Norwegian heritage,

IMG_4486.jpeg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Middle School teacher fired for assigning a graphic novel version of The Diary of Anne Frank to her eighth grade class.

There are different versions of the diary, some of which omit passages where she wrote about exploring her sexuality. The book read in the middle school was the 2018 graphic novel, Anne Frank’s Diary: The Graphic Adaptation.

The novel, adapted by Ari Folman and illustrated by David Polonsky, stays true to the original text in a tightly packed format. According to KFDM, parents shared concerns about a passage in the novel where the teenaged Frank explores her understanding of male and female genitalia.

The news station said the district claims the adaptation of the diary was never approved, but it was on a reading list sent to parents at the start of the school year. The station also reported that the teacher let go has retained an attorney.

Heaven forfend that 13-year-olds might hear stuff about sex. Best keep them ignorant up to wedding night.

(Or maybe the delicate children of Texas need to be shielded from bad feelings that might arise when they get called "NAZIs".)

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2