TF Guy! You know what it means

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Completely unrelated & mean, while I wondered why 'Golden Corral' is trending on Twitter, this is the first post in my feed...
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1343534714309763073/

I would have spit out the coffee I haven't had yet all over my monitor.

WOW!!

Hah yeah I could handle that in a mid-afternoon coffee break but not first thing in the morning.

I'm finally starting to cull out more of my Twitter follows over similar stuff popping up via their annoying "liked by" feature of diversifying one's timeline. I guess it's another sign of my readiness to move back to where Twitter was just a way for me to launch a browser tab into media outlets to which I subscribe.

Of course the accounts I follow get to follow their bliss, as it were, but I don't really need Twitter taking so many of those veils off in my own timeline any more and it's too much of a pain to bother muting accounts I don't even follow just because someone I do follow happened to stick a like on some random input to their own timeline and Twitter decided maybe I'd like it too.

And to Jack Dorsey i got this to say about that:

Dear Jack how about just give us an edit button instead of jacking up opportunities to insert another ad because timeline volume is artificially inflated by many tweets we don't GAF about...

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Crap done in the name of the number #1 TF Guy

A doctor at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center who criticized President Trump’s hospital drive-by in October was informed that he no longer has a job there

Dr. James Phillips called Trump’s drive-by to wave to supporters outside the hospital unnecessary and irresponsible, saying that the hermetically sealed vehicle posed a great risk to the other people driving with the infected president. After his comments, Phillips was taken off the Walter Reed schedule and Tweeted that Sunday was his last shift in the Walter Reed ER.
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1343575462455480323/

lizkat

Reaction score

Too bad there weren't enough people like that doctor in Trump's inner circle to round on him en masse in the media and just let it rip skyward 24/7 that Trump was insanely messing up federal-level leadership and public health guidance. Might have signed up a few Republican members of House or Senate along the way and made a real difference. It was never going to be enough for some brave agency level individuals to speak up or even to try to buck their own reality-based messaging up the chain.

It's really true that a) fish rot from the head down and b) silence near the top is corrosively corrupting.

lizkat

Reaction score
Why we can't have reasonable things, never mind nice ones. Piece in Bloomberg News:

Summary: the USA's Small Business Administration is discovering assorted fraudulent loans made during the covid-19 pandemic to "enterprising" scammers all over the place in the USA. Including for instance a couple of "poultry farms" purportedly located at addresses in high rise (and pricey) residential apartments in NYC's Greenwich Village.

The area in question:

SBA loans to poultry farms yeah but in the Village?.jpg
Well sure, I can see having chickens in an apartment in there, why not?​
best guess at what kinda chickens.jpg

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
TF Guy is for an entire administration.

This administration was on a literal desperate killing spree doing anything it could to kill prisoners before this administration ends.

Yet it's considering immunity for a guy everyone considers ordered the killing of an US based journalist, and was seeking someone else in a neighboring ally country.

The U.S. State Department is reportedly considering immunity for Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in a lawsuit accusing him of attempting to have a former Saudi intelligence official assassinated.

Saad Aljabri, a longtime aide to former Crown Prince Mohammed bin Nayef, went public with his claims in August. His federal lawsuit alleges the crown prince dispatched a hit squad to Canada, where Aljabri lives in exile, and that border officials prevented them from entering the country.

Aljabri alleges the men were sent to kill him within days of the killing of dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi. The Saudi government filed an Interpol notice asking other countries’ law enforcement to arrest and extradite Aljabri, accusing him of corruption and using his office to enrich himself.

In November, State Department officials requested information from Aljabri’s lawyers on their views on Riyadh’s immunity request for Crown Prince Mohammed, according to documents reviewed by The New York Times. It remains unclear whether the department will ultimately recommend immunity, or whether a decision will be made before President-elect Joe Biden takes office in January.

President Trump is known to have a positive relationship with the crown prince and has publicly expressed skepticism that he ordered Khashoggi’s killing, despite the conclusion of several international intelligence agencies. Trump also vetoed a resolution that passed Congress with bipartisan support calling for the U.S. to end its backing of Saudi Arabia's war in Yemen.

:brickwall:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
There seems to be a pattern with Trump’s pardons. Violent people who victimize the weak are first in line.

This winner who physically abused non-violent border-crossers was pardoned by Trump. Although people pardoned are supposed to show remorse, TF Guy said he would do it again.

F the pardoned and the pardoner:

The rest of the pardon list is below. Don’t read it if you have a slightly upset stomach already.

Top Bottom
1 2