TF Guy! You know what it means

U

User.45

Greene and McCarthy had a "chat" last night and McCarthy offered her some choices --including an apology over spouting conspiracy theories about school shootings etc. and publicly renouncing QAnon and any suggestions of violence to be committed upon Democrats-- which apparently she refused to consider.... since Kevin's next step was to consult late in the evening with a House panel on committee assignments, trying to cut a deal where he'd boot her from Education and Labor committee and she'd stay on the Budget committee.

Thiis did not fly well with Dems of course but McCarthy doesn't want the whole House to end up voting on the record to remove her (from both posts) because that only riles some constituents of some other GOP House members.

Now McCarthy mulls giving her some other committee assignment in exchange for stepping down from both?

Greene seems more and more like "the Florida guy" she claims backs her 100% --i.e. she could not care less about the Republican Party-- but what she forgets are some important little details: she's not Trump and he's not the President any more and her own colleagues on her own side of the aisle wish she wold just go the F away.

Meanwhile this mess coincides with intentions of the GOP House to deal today with the question of Liz Cheney's leadership post which some in the party think she should lose over having voted to impeach the Florida guy... all this to the drumbeat of the Dems seizing upon "The GOP is the party of QAnon" as their initial message as they begin their midterm election planning. And Mitch over in the Senate laying low before the trial of Trump next week. Must seem like a long year already to Republican fundraisers... all except Marjorie Greene, who's raising a war chest off all the controversy over her status,

My understanding is that she ran unopposed... (beat incumbent Trumpster in the primary). I mean, if the GOP isn't willing to boot someone who didn't even have an opponent (i.e. could be replaced by any republican with a hearbeat), it means McCarthy's strategy is to please Trumpists as long as he can. The issue is...with Jan 6, this shit sticks to the GOP's DNA and will represent political vulnerability for many years on. Imagine, all the Democrats would have to do is mention Trump to rile up Democratic and turn off much of the Republican voters.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
My understanding is that she ran unopposed... (beat incumbent Trumpster in the primary). I mean, if the GOP isn't willing to boot someone who didn't even have an opponent (i.e. could be replaced by any republican with a hearbeat), it means McCarthy's strategy is to please Trumpists as long as he can. The issue is...with Jan 6, this shit sticks to the GOP's DNA and will represent political vulnerability for many years on. Imagine, all the Democrats would have to do is mention Trump to rile up Democratic and turn off much of the Republican voters.

Her Dem opponent for the general election withdrew in September "for some reason" which remains murky for some other reason I guess. He was on the ballot though and racked up something a bit over 20 percent iirc.

My HUGE problem centered around but not limited to Greene at this point is that whatever she thinks she is, she is a only a peer of people in group known as The Squad... and if we think for one minute that stuff like Greene has tweeted, said, done and featured in her campaign ads could have been flipped religion for religion and color for color and stunt for stunt and run as ads or stunts for say Ilhan Omar --and would have flown ok with the Republicans, or for that matter the Democrats!, for longer than it took to take the stuff down and disavow the candidate-- we're living in la la land.

I mean please imagine Ilhan Omar trailing down the halls of Congress looking for Greene's office with a camera crew along because she meant to get Greene to retake her oath of office upon a Quran instead of a Bible. Now imagine the video uploaded to Twitter et al social media. Now ask yourself reaction of "even" Dems to such a gig.

The reverse of that was an actual pre-election stunt run by Greene.

Yet Greene now holds a seat in Congress and a couple of committee seats (Education and Labor, and Budget -- and how the hell did she get THOSE?). This is not down just to some white supremacist voters in Georgia, this is the pro-Trump piece of the Republican party that proudly stands behind her to this very moment.

And the best McCarthy and Scalise are willing to say even this morning is that "We are going to be working through some things."

Whatever they come up with, they and not just MTG are betraying party, country and Constitution... and to paraphrase Jamie Rankin I think it was, who reminded someone else about how that works, when you take the oath, you may swear on a Bible to uphold the Constitution, but you're not swearing on the Constitution to uphold the Bible. Further, the GOP's tail wagging dog is officially a party that celebrated a photo op of former President Trump holding a Bible upside down after having tear gas sprayed on a noisy but peaceful protest last summer.

THAT is my problem with Marjorie Taylor Greene. Her party is rotten to the core and it's not only that the fish rots from the top down, it's that it was rotten from the inside out when it failed to steamroll Trump at the nominating convention in 2016. Greene is just one of the maggots waving a victory sign right before noticing there's nothing left of the fish to devour.

lizkat

Reaction score
Update on Greene: Steny Hoyer declined McCarthy's offer to take Greene off Education and Labor committee, and put her on some other committee, but leave her on Budgets. Unless McCarthy strips Greene of all her committee postings, looks like there will be a House vote on the floor tomorrow.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

lizkat

Reaction score

Dunno, but this per my perception looks very very racist. A look that isn't appealing at all for a party with an extremism problem....

...The GOP really needs to think about the fact the net outcome of these stunts to keep Trumpsters leads comes with proportionately more Dem voters not skipping elections.

The Republican Party is past warranting just calling its members' behavior and statements outrageous. They're beyond reason, like someone clawing at scrub trees on a rockface trying not to fall into the abyss they created themselves: They've dug indefensible pits into what used to be ground they could stand on even when people disagreed with them. And they're also afraid to come back up onto solid ground because the extremists they decided to appeal to will try to shove them off the cliff entirely. Talk about lost.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Dunno, but this per my perception looks very very racist. A look that isn't appealing at all for a party with an extremism problem....

...The GOP really needs to think about the fact the net outcome of these stunts to keep Trumpsters leads comes with proportionately more Dem voters not skipping elections.
Of course it looks racist. As I’ve been saying for the past 4-5 years with Trump, that is what they are going for! They are pandering to the racists in their base.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
WHO the FUCK is this woman?!! 👀

She answers the question "Is it possible to find somebody worse than Trump?" with a resounding Yes!

Trump did all the leg work of (badly) pretending he could represent a majority of Americans in the beginning. Then his true colors started coming out. That allowed all the new blood of Trumpists to skip all those steps and just start from where Trump left off. Here's my complete platform: Stolen election and obstructing libs.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
She answers the question "Is it possible to find somebody worse than Trump?" with a resounding Yes!

Trump did all the leg work of (badly) pretending he could represent a majority of Americans in the beginning. Then his true colors started coming out. That allowed all the new blood of Trumpists to skip all those steps and just start from where Trump left off. Here's my complete platform: Stolen election and obstructing libs.
What she demonstrated was that she is of the same weasley character who will turn on her own words, if she suddenly faces consequences, and project it's the fault of others. How people who do support her Q shit, trust her I would never know.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
What she demonstrated was that she is of the same weasley character who will turn on her own words, if she suddenly faces consequences, and project it's the fault of others. How people who do support her Q shit, trust her I would never know.
I’m sure shorty for Q supporters they will weave her actions into the master plot narrative complete with signals in signs. In fact I bet she’s probably checking frantically waiting for herself to become a new important character in the conspiracy.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
And she’s off the committees!

Her claims that those views don’t represent her rang hollow.

McCarthy says this is a partisan power grab. What, like the Republicans can’t put someone else on those committees??

Top Bottom
1 2