The assailant who attacked Paul Pelosi was searching for Nancy

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
By coincidence I drove past her house today, funny that I realized I have done so many times without even knowing it was hers but seeing it on the news so many times made it recognizable, there was also a cop close by. It's in a nice neighborhood but by far not the richest.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
It’s only a matter of time before prominent republicans start facing these same type of incidents as soon as they say something Trump doesn’t like. I mean, they wanted to hang Mike Pence after all.

Some regular conservative Republican officials have already been threatened by pro-Trump activists in advance of the 2022 elections. Some election workers and supervisors (in both parties) are so intimidated by the pro-Trump followers making death threats or hassling them for information about voter registrations and absentee ballot requests processed back in 2020, that they have quit, leaving boards of elections and counting offices understaffed as the 2022 election draws near and there's in influx of the new ballots and checking of them versus current registry.

The harassment of election workers and secretaries of state and the general rhetoric of political violence in the USA just needs to stop. Same with this BS of having armed "watchers" hang out just over 75 feet away from ballot drop boxes. Some Arizona judge said no problem as long as they don't get closer than that. These guys are toting AR15s, not Saturday night special .22 handguns. As far as I'm concerned, that activity is beyond rhetorical violence, it's flat out intimidation and a part of the Arizona court system is enabling it.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
“while Trump didn’t tell people to raid the capitol, he promoted a conspiracy that incited a riot.”

He went farther than that. Trump forces planned the assault or if you prefer, they conferred with the Proud Boys, who were at the Capitol equipped for the event, Trump told the Secret Service not to worry about the armed men in the crowd, it is alleged (Link) insurrectionists were given private reconnaissance Capitol tours, and words were used, Trump‘s speciality said in a manner to convey meaning, but maintain plausible deniability.

Trump: “If you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.” Link
Giuliani: “Let’s have trial by combat.” Link
Eric Trump: Trump ‘Save America’ Rally – Don Jr warns GOPers who certify Biden ‘this isn’t their party’ and ‘we’re coming for you’ Link

Does any of this infer peaceful actions? Does fight like hell infer peacefully protesting with vigor? Nope… Hey people, your country has been stolen, this was the “Stop The Steal” March, just what should a patriotic citizen be expected to do? :unsure: First off, don’t listen to the King of Political Manipulation for the gullible.

To be honest I haven’t paid much attention to these hearings in a very long time. Mostly because I already have my (negative) opinions of Trump and this is largely a horse and pony show until/unless they proceed with a criminal referral and the DOJ pursues it.

There are endless examples of people using phrases like that. It’s honestly it’s the weakest argument one can make. It’s common vernacular. It’s not like when someone “fights a fire” or “fight against racism” do we take that literally.

Based on your summary there are definitely concerning things going on and worthy of deeper investigation. I’m not a lawyer obviously, but it all sounds rather circumstantial at this point (re: Trump’s involvement/knowledge).
I don’t say any of this to defend Trump. I’m just very leery of people getting hyped up about how Trump is about to be nailed to the wall only for nothing to happen. I suspect between the 12,000 various ongoing cases against him something will stick. I have a feeling he’s going to be a little too preoccupied with legal matters to run for the 2024 election.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Based on your summary there are definitely concerning things going on and worthy of deeper investigation. I’m not a lawyer obviously, but it all sounds rather circumstantial at this point (re: Trump’s involvement/knowledge).
I haven't followed the details too closely but apparently there was some pre-Jan. 6 planning based on Trump's intention to say the election was rigged if he lost, no matter the actual facts. His intent was clear, as illustrated by Hutchinson's testimony of what Trump told the Secret Service before taking the stage:

I don’t f***ing care if they have weapons. They’re not here to hurt me. Take the f***ing mags away. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here. Let the people in. Take the f***ing mags away.

Trump knew the mob was armed and he directed them to the Capitol. He also waited over three hours before calling off the mob, despite pleas even from his own party members who thought their lives were in danger. That's at least a violation of his oath of office to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. Even treason might be in play.

Of course, if not Jan. 6 then there's also stealing top secret documents and obstructing justice by not responding to a subpoena to produce them. We can also throw in the Georgia election interference, multiple women accusing him of assault, etc. It's most disturbing how this man is so far allowed to get away with all the crimes he has committed and all the damage he has done, and continues to do, to the country.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I haven't followed the details too closely but apparently there was some pre-Jan. 6 planning based on Trump's intention to say the election was rigged if he lost, no matter the actual facts. His intent was clear, as illustrated by Hutchinson's testimony of what Trump told the Secret Service before taking the stage:

I don’t f***ing care if they have weapons. They’re not here to hurt me. Take the f***ing mags away. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here. Let the people in. Take the f***ing mags away.

Trump knew the mob was armed and and he directed them to the Capitol. He also waited over three hours before calling off the mob, despite pleas even from his own party members who thought their lives were in danger. That's at least a violation of his oath of office to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. Even treason might be in play.

Of course, if not Jan. 6 then there's also stealing top secret documents and obstructing justice by not responding to a subpoena to produce them. We can also throw in the Georgia election interference, multiple women accusing him of assault, etc. It's most disturbing how this man is so far allowed to get away with all the crimes he has committed and all the damage he has done, and continues to do, to the country.
The justification for his words can sometimes be laughable.

Trump supporters:
"Trump is a good family and you have no proof he would ever sexually harass another woman."

Trump:
“I did try and fuck her,” Trump said. “She was married. I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. … I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there and she was married.”

Trump supporters:
5939.jpg

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
While Liz gave a wonderful response, the quick and short answer is: she’s an intelligent and capable woman. The only thing they hate more than that is an intelligent, capable woman of color.
My thoughts exactly, like with Hillary, Elizabeth Warren, and AOC. They save their most relentless character assassinations for political figures like them.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Were they obtuse angles? I bet they were. Not that it's ok to speak to acute angles. But between the two of them, it's kinda an apples and oranges comparison. Gotta be obtuse.

Obviously they were from Angland.

While Liz gave a wonderful response, the quick and short answer is: she’s an intelligent and capable woman. The only thing they hate more than that is an intelligent, capable woman of color.
My thoughts exactly, like with Hillary, Elizabeth Warren, and AOC. They save their most relentless character assassinations for political figures like them.

Like some dark-skinned woman, with a funny first name that no one can pronounce right, who was born in Thailand?

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score

Trump knew the mob was armed and and he directed them to the Capitol. He also waited over three hours before calling off the mob, despite pleas even from his own party members who thought their lives were in danger. That's at least a violation of his oath of office to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. Even treason might be in play.

I don’t want to go off the rails on this thread but just to play the devils advocate…

Trump wanted the magnometers removed as I understand at the White House, according to the testimony of Hutchinson, in order to have more people in view of the cameras for his speech and increase the speed of people getting in. Reportedly those with guns watched the speech from outside the gates. It’s not clear to me based on her original statements if he knew if people had guns or if it was more of a response to the secret service’s concerns. I suppose it’s not entirely surprising for Trump supporters to have guns (but you’d think most would know they can’t bring a gun to a rally).

I’m not clear with how security is designed in DC, but was the Capitol Building (located on the other side of the mall) also blocked off from letting people with firearms removed? Were the magnetometers actually removed? How many people were watching from behind the gate? How many people were arrested with guns? - it’s not clear but I can only find 4 as on June.

The problem I have with your characterization, while a plausible interpretation, is twisted from what Hutchinson claims. At least the ones I am aware of- but I have not been following this closely.

As for Trump waiting to take action, it’s totally unacceptable and in my opinion is one of strongest reasons for a justifiable impeachment. That and l trying to take illegal actions to overrun the election. Perhaps he was waiting for armed men to storm the capital, but I would have to see more direct evidence of that. My impression was his pathological narcissism had him so angry, so resentful, so betrayed Pence and others wouldn’t support his refusal to overturn, unable to cope with the loss of status, power, and ability to get what he wants, he figured Congress (and America) deserve what is happening. He wanted them to feel the pain he felt. At the same time, he was probably delighted to see his fantastics causing a scene on his behalf. And he probably didn’t stop to think about the real existential danger Congress, police, etc were in because that’s not what narcissists do. It’s the typical narcissistic “if I can’t have my way” I’ll let the world burn.

This behavior could certainly extend to planning January 6th with the Proud Bous and Oath Keepers. I find it a little hard to believe he would be that proactively stupid. I can’t imagine he could actually form a successful coup, but perhaps he had the delusion they’d take over the capitol, his supporters would go along with it, and the rest of the country would cave. Considering people close to him report he literally believed (had the delusion) he actually won the election, this is a possibility. But it’s definitely an extreme one. And to start a coup you know will fail doesn’t make a lot of sense, especially for Trump- he does not like to lose. For me to consider the coup plan plausible I would have to see more direct evidence. Trump allies contacting Proud Boys before 1/6 means little to me. Again it’s circumstantial. You’re going to need a lot more than that to prove the POTUS attempted a coup.

If there was a grand conspiracy, I would expect prosecutors would cut a deal with someone in the Oath Keepers and/or Proud Boys to spill the beans. These people don’t seem particularly smart. If Trump doesn’t run in 2024 (looking more and more likely he won’t), then there is zero incentive for these people to protect Trump.

I am confident the truth will come out in the end. Trump should be prosecuted for whatever he can be in direct relation to Jan 6th. If they end up only charging him with process crimes in relation to the investigation, then this will look silly and vindictive and only unnecessarily rile his crowd up.

Again, between the 17,331 cases against him I’m sure he will have his day.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
I've wrestled with the question of whether Trump really believes the election was stolen from him, given his pathological narcissism, but I've come to the conclusion that, while his narcissism could be a motivating factor, he knew that he really lost. Based on recent disclosures, it was the plan all along to say the election was rigged if he lost, long before any votes were counted. Every one of his advisors, including his campaign manager and his overly loyal Attorney General, told him that the election was fair and he really lost but he was too power hungry to concede it or too ashamed to be labeled a "loser."

I'm not a lawyer so I don't know the legal ramifications of violating his oath of office, dereliction of duty, conspiracy, incitement to riot etc. as relates to Jan. 6. But there are specific laws making it a crime to obstruct Congress's official business and to conspire to defraud the U.S. as well as laws against disrupting the administration of the 2020 Georgia elections as relates to the Trump campaign's attempt to create a slate of fake members of the Electoral College. But we don't have to just rely on his Jan. 6 behavior or his interference in Georgia. He stole top secret documents from the White House and obstructed justice by knowingly not complying with a subpoena to produce them, some of which he likely still retains even after the search warrant was executed at Crime-A-Lago. That would be enough to get anyone else indicted. So the question before the nation is whether anyone is above the law. So far, he appears to be because anyone else would have been indicted long ago.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
the new trump?
Twitter’s new owner, Elon Musk, pushed a false conspiracy theory on Sunday about the life-threatening assault of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband days earlier, further amplifying the type of disinformation that can lead to political violence. Musk soon deleted his tweet without explanation or apology.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
the new trump?
Twitter’s new owner, Elon Musk, pushed a false conspiracy theory on Sunday about the life-threatening assault of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband days earlier, further amplifying the type of disinformation that can lead to political violence. Musk soon deleted his tweet without explanation or apology.

I think Elon is testing the issue of freedom of speech. Twitter has become a deeper cesspool over the weekend, and I thought it was already bad enough. Really thinking of just closing that account... By no means do I think it will cause Elon any thought, I just think it's time.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
the new trump?

He's deep into the conspiracy bullshit, and now he owns the biggest social media platform in the world. Here's the actual deleted tweet...

Greenshot 2022-10-31 07.33.51.png

First of all, as if Paul were actually drinking in his own home before bed made him responsible for being beaten with a hammer. Is Elon Musk out of his fucking mind?

Then there's this source he is citing, which is from a site that reported that Clinton had died and had been replaced by a body double for a debate with Donald Trump.

Just WT actual F.

Last edited:

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
He's deep into the conspiracy bullshit, and now he owns the biggest social media platform in the world. Here's the actual deleted tweet...
This is what I see:
10F41A77-689C-49D9-8825-8904396F5A66.jpeg

Probably just my browser or something messing up, but quite funny if intended as “technically correct” 😝

On a more serious note I agree completely regarding how messed up it was.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

View attachment 18776

First of all, as if Paul were actually drinking in his own home before bed made him responsible for being beaten with a hammer. Is Elon Musk out of his fucking mind?

Then there's this source he is citing, which is from a site that reported that Clinton had died and had been replaced by a body double for a debate with Donald Trump.

Just WT actual F.
Sigh. Stand-up guy.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1586871691686223872/

Top Bottom
1 2