The Obvious Voting-Rights Solution That No Democrat Will Propose

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Most of the cyber ninjas caught COVID-19. They are serious about staying on brand…

Not to worry though, even without the first audit done, another 'r' wanted another audit on signatures.

:whistle:

Another new contract in the works​

Meanwhile, Fann told the Arizona Daily Independent that she is looking for a contractor to conduct a review of the voter signatures on mail-in ballots. Maricopa County delivered the envelopes to the Senate last Thursday in response to a Senate subpoena.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Not to worry though, even without the first audit done, another 'r' wanted another audit on signatures.

:whistle:
I saw this in the article you posted too:

The audit was originally expected to last a month; it is now entering its fifth month. The Senate had to extend its lease on state fairgrounds buildings multiple times as the Ninjas needed more time to complete their work.

The fairgrounds work wrapped up in late July, amid hopes a report would be out by late August. But with less than a week left in the month, that goal appears unattainable.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I saw this in the article you posted too:
Yup.

It's all part of the 'conspiracy theorist' playbook we saw with Benghazi. If your investigations do NOT result in something concrete, it means there is something wrong, and more investigating is needed. The problem here it isn't a collection of congress people willfully playing the part of idiot & freely spending US gov't money. It's states who will later have some kind of financial shortfall & these same 'r's will want the monies taken from those who had nothing to do with this. So with no shame since they involved unskilled outside contractors dragging things out even more than they already have is what they will go with.

And shamelessly want more investigations, both there in AZ and in other states.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
GQP wants to maintain states' rights when it comes to voting ID. Same as during the Civil Rights period: they can fuck with Black/Democratic votes to stay in power. Even when the voters choice is clear. So an easily accessible National ID is Kryptonite.

The Dems know that this is all a trick and pony show. Any mention of a National ID will give the conspiracy minded ammunition and the "debate" will never end.

For the longest my solution was simple: get people State-issued IDs. But it's not so simple with Rethugicans first making it very difficult to do so. They make make it expensive and time consuming. Then adding more obstacles while Dems are tied up with getting IDs despite those obstacles. Curtailing hours, closing polling places and now fucking with drop off boxes for mail-in ballots after adding restrictions since that is working for Democratic pols many years after it worked for the Rethugicans (as mentioned above).

It's no longer just about IDs. Which can be cumbersome to obtain still. It's about access to polling places and now mail-in ballots. We've seen this story with disallowing State affiliated college IDs after many years. We see it with cutting down on early voting, and for Black voters, eliminating "Souls to the Polls" Sundays; younger, more progressive voters by disallowing college areas for polling stations or having ridiculous rules that they know will curtail student voting (vague or burdensome parking requirements that has nothing to do with voting). Rethugicans know the tied is turning. If they don't rig the vote, they won't win again.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
GQP wants to maintain states' rights when it comes to voting ID. Same as during the Civil Rights period: they can fuck with Black/Democratic votes to stay in power. Even when the voters choice is clear. So an easily accessible National ID is Kryptonite.

The Dems know that this is all a trick and pony show. Any mention of a National ID will give the conspiracy minded ammunition and the "debate" will never end.

For the longest my solution was simple: get people State-issued IDs. But it's not so simple with Rethugicans first making it very difficult to do so. They make make it expensive and time consuming. Then adding more obstacles while Dems are tied up with getting IDs despite those obstacles. Curtailing hours, closing polling places and now fucking with drop off boxes for mail-in ballots after adding restrictions since that is working for Democratic pols many years after it worked for the Rethugicans (as mentioned above).

It's no longer just about IDs. Which can be cumbersome to obtain still. It's about access to polling places and now mail-in ballots. We've seen this story with disallowing State affiliated college IDs after many years. We see it with cutting down on early voting, and for Black voters, eliminating "Souls to the Polls" Sundays; younger, more progressive voters by disallowing college areas for polling stations or having ridiculous rules that they know will curtail student voting (vague or burdensome parking requirements that has nothing to do with voting). Rethugicans know the tied is turning. If they don't rig the vote, they won't win again.
Don't forget Texas making it perfectly clear what it's all about when they made a gun license good enough to vote, but not student id.

Only to do what?

It's all about WHO is allowed to vote or who isn't allowed to vote without additional hurdles.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

National voting laws are the worst nightmare of Republicans these days. A fair process nationwide won’t let them fix things in the states they traditionally control.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe. But I am not in the GOP leadership. So that must mean the 80% of Americans that support ID to vote are rubes. Guess this place is a statistical anomaly.
I don’t think so. I’m for convienent, easily accessible forms of ID, until the new anti-Democratic GOP came along, voter registration cards were enough, but this does not serve their purpose which is voter inconvienence/suppression. I’m not for all the laws in the works by GOP controlled State Legislatures designed to make voting more inconvenient/difficult Because they think it helps them.

Here is an EASY EXAMPLE, outlawing mail in ballots and drive through voting. It’s the State voting infastructure controlling this so what is the issue? Only one, their perception that the more people who have access to voting, the less likely they (the GOP) will be elected.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t think so. I’m for convienent, easily accessible forms of ID, until the new anti-Democratic GOP came along, voter registration cards were enough, but this does not serve their purpose which is voter inconvienence/suppression. I’m not for all the laws in the works by GOP controlled State Legislatures designed to make voting more inconvenient/difficult Because they think it helps them.

Here is an EASY EXAMPLE, outlawing mail in ballots and drive through voting. It’s the State voting infastructure controlling this so what is the issue? Only one, their perception that the more people who have access to voting, the less likely they (the GOP) will be elected.

Prior to Trump, historically this only seems to happen in poor red states. You have to ask, is their goal to keep their constituents in poverty? They don’t want any wins to go to the FREE STUFF Democrat party, but as they mostly remain red they clearly have no interest in improving economic conditions. It seems like living in a slave state except you’re not literally enslaved. Your personal economics aren’t far off though.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Prior to Trump, historically this only seems to happen in poor red states. You have to ask, is their goal to keep their constituents in poverty? They don’t want any wins to go to the FREE STUFF Democrat party, but as they mostly remain red they clearly have no interest in improving economic conditions. It seems like living in a slave state except you’re not literally enslaved. Your personal economics aren’t far off though.
The GOP motto: know thy place. 👀

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
The GOP motto: know thy place. 👀
Pull yourself up by your bootstraps. What, no boots? That’s your problem, not my problem! Stop being lazy! Proverbs 10:4!

And God forbid someone who once upon a time worked as a bartender would ever become a lawmaker. You’re defined by the “lowest” work you’ve ever done, not by how you perform in your current position or by what relevant education/degrees you may have.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
And God forbid someone who once upon a time worked as a bartender would ever become a lawmaker.

Before I comment on this, I admit AOC puts in the work. She busted her ass on the streets and used SM to her advantage to get elected. So props to her for that.

But she has an Econ degree from BU. So why was she working as a bartender in the financial capital of the world?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Why not? Is there something wrong with working as a bartender?

Nope. Just pointing out that she is supposed to be sooooo smart, but she wasn't using her degree. There has to be a reason. Could be she liked the job or it could be if some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth is so incorrect that no private sector financial firm would hire her.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Nope. Just pointing out that she is supposed to be sooooo smart, but she wasn't using her degree. There has to be a reason. Could be she liked the job or it could be if some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth is so incorrect that no private sector financial firm would hire her.
Could be she had other plans for her future. Could be lots of reasons.

You say there is nothing wrong with working as a bartender, yet you speculate that there must be something wrong with her for doing that…

In any case, right-wingers are using her bartender history as something negative, making it extremely obvious that their “pulling oneself up by one’s bootstrap” is pure bullshit and what they actually mean is “know your place”!

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
But she has an Econ degree from BU. So why was she working as a bartender in the financial capital of the world?

This reminds me, I need to pen my rant on attractive daughters of business and political leaders who graduate from ivy league colleges and then the media fawns over them over their “career” as an Instagram influencer. But hey, she went to college. I’m sure that’s really what launched her success that would have been impossible without it.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
In any case, right-wingers are using her bartender history as something negative, making it extremely obvious that their “pulling oneself up by one’s bootstrap” is pure bullshit and what they actually mean is “know your place”!

Hey, now!!

merlin_138292392_805715e2-3721-4e83-bb5f-dee37abbfa69-jumbo.jpg

Salt! Of! The! Earth! And a real patriot. You don't need a degree or even a brain when you have a gun.

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
She only recently got her high school diploma. Also her husband has an interesting history

That's what the current GOP calls gold star qualifiers.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
She only recently got her high school diploma. Also her husband has an interesting history

PLEASE check the R agenda thread, where I've been sharing bits on her questionable money spent.

Her husband getting paid loads of cash for being a shift worker is some impressive stuff. Combined with her sudden spending of $10K in Uber fees in ONE month traveling. She more & more sounds like a chip off of the 45th block grift wise, as opposed to the loud mouths of MTG.

Also you gotta love the fact that AOC busted her ass at TWO jobs, which if she was an 'r' candidate would get her canonized. But with her, it bears EXTRA scrutiny, because... :rolleyes:

She F'N worked hard BEFORE Faux News made her a national darling by trying to make her the latest conservative punching bag, isn't that ENOUGH?!

Top Bottom
1 2