The Trump Indictment Thread

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
They tried that with Hutchison and it didn’t work out so well.

I don’t think I remember what happened with Hutchinson.

Failing to protect this guy would make it easier for the DoJ to roll him over with a plea deal, though. I think he knows he’s expendable so the only way to keep his wagon hitched to Trump is to keep him calm enough to not take the plea deal.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t think I remember what happened with Hutchinson.

Failing to protect this guy would make it easier for the DoJ to roll him over with a plea deal, though. I think he knows he’s expendable so the only way to keep his wagon hitched to Trump is to keep him calm enough to not take the plea deal.
She was represented by attorneys team trump paid for, then found that they were trying to get her to lie and were pressuring her to do things she didn’t want to do, so she fired them and got her own attorneys, then spilled the beans on the whole fiasco.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
She was represented by attorneys team trump paid for, then found that they were trying to get her to lie and were pressuring her to do things she didn’t want to do, so she fired them and got her own attorneys, then spilled the beans on the whole fiasco.
Excellent summary, no wonder you make the big bucks! 😂

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
How can anyone expect that the two lawyer teams won't be in communications? Trump loves to skirt the truth, and has zero respect for the law.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
How can anyone expect that the two lawyer teams won't be in communications? Trump loves to skirt the truth, and has zero respect for the law.
The lawyer teams are allowed to be in communications.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
A few days ago in another thread I posed the question:

"And I have to wonder about the motivation for having them in easily accessible areas of Mar-a-Lago to begin with. For special guests?"

I just listened to a five minute NPR interview with a former NSA General Council speaking about and addressing security risks, and the harm and costs (both potential and real) trump caused with the US not knowing for sure if "special guests" (ie adversaries) had access to the material.

It's a good listen.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I would not be surprised if the prosecution doesn’t care. While Nauta flipping on Trump would only help himself get out of this mess, the feds don’t need his help. They’ve got more than just receipts.

That said, I hope the judge still takes it seriously. Trump probably does not want this guy to leave his line of vision knowing he could choose to flip at any time (if he hasn’t already).

This whole thing is playing out like a TV series. If nothing else, you have to give Trump credit for turning America into his own personal reality show.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yes, Chris Christie, a former prosecutor, said that he was sure the DOJ had much more evidence than was disclosed in the indictment. No point to give it all away at this time.

And I was surprised there was no order preventing international travel.

Christie has not been a proponent of Trump for quite some time. What’s more telling to me are the pro-Trump republicans and lawyers who previously defended Trump based on their interpretation of the law.

While it seems like prosecutors have a very solid case against Trump, before people get too excited I think it’s important to not underestimate the seemingly endless luck the universe bestows upon Trump. All he needs is one MAGA sycophant on his jury to tank a conviction.

Schiff should be censured if you ask me. Schiff has the right be a political antagonist to Trump, but his conduct of intentionally spreading false or misleading information is unacceptable- as it should be for any other elected official.

The fact the bill wanted to include a fine of $16m is absurd though. It’s not surprising that even republicans voted against that.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Schiff has the right be a political antagonist to Trump, but his conduct of intentionally spreading false or misleading information is unacceptable- as it should be for any other elected official.
I haven't been following this story but found this on the Washington Post website:

"The Republican-led House voted to table a measure Wednesday that would censure Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) for pressing allegations that former president Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign colluded with Russia."

Is that what you are referring to as false or misleading information because this sounds like Trump-led retribution against Schiff and an attempt to distract from the very real crimes of Trump. Trump's campaign manager in 2016, Paul Manafort, has admitted that he shared polling data and campaign strategy with Russians who had ties to the Kremlin. Sounds like collusion to me. And how can we forget "Russia, if you're listening..."

Last edited:

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Trump's trial won't start right away. Shouldn't all of Trump's properties be raided to make sure that he no longer has any documents or copies thereof?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Trump's trial won't start right away. Shouldn't all of Trump's properties be raided to make sure that he no longer has any documents or copies thereof?
You need probable cause that a particular document is in a particular place. You aren’t going to get a search warrant based on “we think he has more stuff somewhere.”

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
We know boxes were loaded onto a plane carrying Trump from Mar-a-Lardo to his Bedminster NJ home. Given his obstruction and deceit with regard to the boxes that were at Mar-a-Lardo, wouldn't there be reasonable basis for believing that a crime may have been committed and that the boxes are evidence of that crime?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
A real man of the people.

IMG_1353.jpeg

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
There's a rumor trump's working on a new line of bathroom decor. Put a copy of a "mentally declassified" secret document in each box and Ikea could sell millions.

Boxes.jpg

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Biden isn’t in control, but has somehow orchestrated the theft of a massive election and is now successfully prosecuting his opponent. Does not go well with their “who’s really in control” tripe.

Biden is correct to not engage in gossip about Trump’s case. As a democrat, I reject Biden acting in such a way to Trump, with all-caps rants, name-calling, compulsive lying and total conspiratorial lunatic-ranting. Trump has no morals and is indeed cheered for acting like Biff Tannen. I want that when I watch WWE; I do not expect it from a president.

Ideally, republicans would be piling on Trump and closing the curtain on his political relevancy for him, but half of the GOP candidates seem to be campaigning more for Trump than themselves.

Republicans are going to make up their own story regardless of what Biden says or doesn’t say, so why say anything?

Top Bottom
1 2