The Trump Indictment Thread

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Saw an interview on CNN where they were questioning how much debt he currently has against said properties, and how many other stakeholders there are. There seems to be a bit of speculation that his only way out will be to file bankruptcy, then blame it all on Democrats, you know, witch hunts and all.
Bankruptcy won’t likely help, at least not against fraud-based judgments. If the issue is *other* debt, then maybe.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Saw an interview on CNN where they were questioning how much debt he currently has against said properties, and how many other stakeholders there are. There seems to be a bit of speculation that his only way out will be to file bankruptcy, then blame it all on Democrats, you know, witch hunts and all.
well that should make him look good to the personal responsibility republicans. so yes good idea. might as well be another first for America. a presidential candidate filing bankruptcy. but i t would not let him off what he owes to the courts.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Bankruptcy won’t likely help, at least not against fraud-based judgments. If the issue is *other* debt, then maybe.

What kind of monetary judgements can be discharged through bankruptcy? And if he grabs his chest, calls out "Ivana, I'm coming to join you!" and keels over, does the obligation of the judgement fall upon his estate/spawn? (cf Ken Lay)

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
What kind of monetary judgements can be discharged through bankruptcy? And if he grabs his chest, calls out "Ivana, I'm coming to join you!" and keels over, does the obligation of the judgement fall upon his estate/spawn? (cf Ken Lay)

I assume it’s the business entity that would declare bankruptcy, but I’m not sure what he’s contemplating. The judgment, if I remember correctly, makes the business and the parties jointly and severally responsible? (I can’t remember. I’d have to read it). If individuals are responsible, then, if they die, their estates would be responsible.

You can discharge a lot in bankruptcy, but there are many carve-outs. It’s complicated, but, for example, there’s this:

“The types of debts described in sections 523(a)(2), (4), and (6) (obligations affected by fraud or maliciousness) are not automatically excepted from discharge. Creditors must ask the court to determine that these debts are excepted from discharge. In the absence of an affirmative request by the creditor and the granting of the request by the court, the types of debts set out in sections 523(a)(2), (4), and (6) will be discharged.” https://www.uscourts.gov/services-f...basics/discharge-bankruptcy-bankruptcy-basics

Agent47

Power User
Reaction score
Interesting. If he's forced to file for bankruptcy and all his debt are revealed openly, it might well turn out his debt could be higher than the actual value of his property.
This would make him officially an impostor, fraudster and probably worst of all: loser.

What would his followers think of him? Inguess that's his biggest fear: losing face

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Interesting. If he's forced to file for bankruptcy and all his debt are revealed openly, it might well turn out his debt could be higher than the actual value of his property.
This would make him officially an impostor, fraudster and probably worst of all: loser.

What would his followers think of him? Inguess that's his biggest fear: losing face

That's just another example of secret Deep State shenanigans trying to tear him down.

He's a Business Man, after all.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess nobody can explain Trump's big reduction in bond amount. So that leaves the only explanation that we live in a country based on wealthy white privilege. The right would probably have a better leg to stand on if they just said it instead of trying to deny it. There’s no shortage of evidence to support it including how the founders set up the government.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I guess nobody can explain Trump's big reduction in bond amount. So that leaves the only explanation that we live in a country based on wealthy white privilege. The right would probably have a better leg to stand on if they just said it instead of trying to deny it. There’s no shortage of evidence to support it including how the founders set up the government.
This. Plenty of regular people sitting in a cell because they can't make bond and this asshole is given every break under the sun. The justice system in this country is a joke.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
This. Plenty of regular people sitting in a cell because they can't make bond and this asshole is given every break under the sun. The justice system in this country is a joke.

Honestly a good part of the legal system wants Trump to win the election so he can just make it all go away and they won’t have to deal with it. Recently I’m inclined to throw Merrick Garland in that camp who most likely gamed things out including predicted delay tactics and then when Trump wins the election and makes it all go away they can go “We tried but we can’t do anything now. Sorry.” Democrats love to use institutions and the system as an excuse while Republicans give the finger to any of that, that gets in their way.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Agent47

Power User
Reaction score
I suspect you're right. However, we are talking about the guy convicted of over inflating his assets. So who can really say? 🤷‍♂️
True, OTOH he's making 4 Bn (BILLION!!!) with - what? He isn't fit to shovel shit, yet he's making that kinda money off his followers. As retarded as he might be, this still strikes me as genius (not in a good way).

Think of it... people with close to double his IQ work hard all their life just to get along, while that buffoon makes 4 Billion without really realizing how he did it. Not to mention its unlikely that he has an idea how TS works

Last edited:

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
True, OTOH he's making 4 Bn (BILLION!!!) with - what? He isn't fit to shovel shit, yet he's making that kinda money off his followers. As redarded as he might be, this still strikes me as genius (not in a good way)

He's the anti-Midas. All the gold he touches seems to turn to shit. This is just the beginning. I'll sure he'll eventually bankrupt it. That seems to be his thing. But these things take time. Even he can't tank it overnight.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I suspect you're right. However, we are talking about the guy convicted of over inflating his assets. So who can really say? 🤷‍♂️

Publicly traded. So the market determines the total value, not Trump.

Just search DJT on any stock website.

Top Bottom
1 2