The Trump Indictment Thread

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t think it works that way. I’m pretty sure they use automated case management system to assign cases to judges.

If I’m wrong I’m sure @Cmaier will chime in to tell me just how wrong I am.
shit gets rigged. if there is a human involved it can be corrupted.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Breitbart just released an excerpt from Ashley Biden’s diary..

Whoops, I need new glasses, it’s just a People article about Trump lusting after Ivanka.

Howard Stern won’t allow the tapes to be re-played, but many of us heard Trump say a lot of really creepy things about Invanka when they first aired in the early 2000’s. I mean, *really* creepy.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it works that way. I’m pretty sure they use automated case management system to assign cases to judges.

If I’m wrong I’m sure @Cmaier will chime in to tell me just how wrong I am.
Trump has Judge shopped in the past, and I am sure somehow he managed to get Cannon on this case.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
In other news:

Yeah, we know. McAfee left it open for an appeal, which we all knew Trump would take. If this current panel stays the previous decision, then he'll appeal it to the Georgia Supreme Court.

The whole point of all of this is to delay any hearings until after the election, so it won't interfere with his campaign, and he can just sweep it all away if he wins.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The whole point of all of this is to delay any hearings until after the election, so it won't interfere with his campaign, and he can just sweep it all away if he wins.

Unless there is some statute I am unfamiliar with that overrides Article II, Section 2, Clause 1, he can't make state charges go away. Only federal.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Unless there is some statute I am unfamiliar with that overrides Article II, Section 2, Clause 1, he can't make state charges go away. Only federal.

Yeah, but good luck pushing a case against a sitting president who intends to toss aside the rule of law his first day in office.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Truly a brave patriot. You start to understand why he can't be bothered to visit a veteran ceremony or pay respect to fallen soldiers. Those peasants can't begin to compare to this man's bravery and fortitude.

"Give me liberty or give me death," he wrote in an all-caps message on Truth Social, quoting the American Founding Father Patrick Henry."

Now, we just need someone in his inner-circle brave enough to tell him Patrick Henry is different than John Henry. I heard Trump broke out in song after putting out the above "Truth" Social message.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Truly a brave patriot. You start to understand why he can't be bothered to visit a veteran ceremony or pay respect to fallen soldiers. Those peasants can't begin to compare to this man's bravery and fortitude.
I remember when he said he would run into a school shooting unarmed too. he is such a pathetic little plastic Jesus.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Hypothetical question (which appears moot now anyway) but if he were tried and convicted before the election and won, couldn't he pardon himself anyway?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Hypothetical question (which appears moot now anyway) but if he were tried and convicted before the election and won, couldn't he pardon himself anyway?
No. This is a state of NY charge: the President can only issue pardons for federal crimes.

also, accepting a pardon is admitting guilt, and Individual-ONE did nothing wrong

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
No. This is a state of NY charge: the President can only issue pardons for federal crimes.

also, accepting a pardon is admitting guilt, and Individual-ONE did nothing wrong
Sorry, I should've clarified the trial (this is Trump we're talking about after all so my bad) I meant the classified documents case.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Sorry, I should've clarified the trial (this is Trump we're talking about after all so my bad) I meant the classified documents case.
It’s not clear whether you can pardon yourself. Supreme Court would likely have to decide it in the end.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Okay, so in other words he'll be able to pardon himself.
Not yet clear to me whether SCOTUS wants to anoint a king or not.

But just to ruffle Trump’s feathers, I wonder if Biden will pardon himself and his son before he leaves office.

BTW, based on the questioning by the SCOTUS who were worried that without immunity there would be constant charges filed against ex-presidents, it seems to me that even Alito and Thomas believe that a president can’t pardon him or herself.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

But just to ruffle Trump’s feathers, I wonder if Biden will pardon himself and his son before he leaves office.

BTW, based on the questioning by the SCOTUS who were worried that without immunity there would be constant charges filed against ex-presidents, it seems to me that even Alito and Thomas believe that a president can’t pardon him or herself.
I get his son but what has Joe done that needs pardoning from?

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score

I like your idea of Biden pardoning himself and Hunter just before he leaves office if, heaven forbid, Trump wins. It would probably end up before the SCOTUS. If they approved self-pardons, Biden and Hunter would be immune from federal prosecution for acts already committed. And if they didn't, Trump wouldn't be able to pardon himself.

Top Bottom
1 2