COVID 19 The Vaccine Thread

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Exactly. They use "medical staff" as though referring to doctors, nurses, etc. when they mean every employee down to custodial. You have to read pretty far to see the graphic that shows that the actual medical staff is at 95% vaccinated and that it is "support staff" that it is at 35%.
I also question how well they informed the folks down to the custodial staff, and did they make it available at the same time as for the doctors? We’ve seen people hesitant to get the vaccine, but we’ve also seen rich, connected people jump the line ahead of others. I don’t think this is 100% “hesitancy” or lack of education.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My wife has gone to the store maybe 4 or 5 times this week and we're getting takeout again, after living like hermits getting groceries through Instacart and cooking our own meals for the last year it's sort of like Christmas around here right now.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
South Park did an episode on vaccinations. They setup the local drug store like it’s the hottest club in town complete with velvet rope, a line around the building, a buffed bouncer with a list, and loud house music coming from inside. And in this case it’s old people that are getting front of the line VIP service and acting like smug assholes after getting vaccinated. :ROFLMAO:

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Alright Pfizer gang, got my second shot today! Let’s go! Hopefully I don’t end up feeling horrible. I didn’t have any issues with the first dose.

I didn’t think I would have emotional feelings about getting a vaccine but there’s something about the finality of this nightmare coming to an end.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Alright Pfizer gang, got my second shot today! Let’s go! Hopefully I don’t end up feeling horrible. I didn’t have any issues with the first dose.

I didn’t think I would have emotional feelings about getting a vaccine but there’s something about the finality of this nightmare coming to an end.
Congratulations! It's liberating, isn't it? It's like Christmas for us at my house, we're shopping, making appointments, seeing other vaccinated friends, etc and it's almost a sense of normalcy. Just remember that if symptoms do develop they won't last long.

U

User.45

I do get the hesitancy but how anyone could look at the horrific way in which people die from this virus and say "I'll take my chances" without the vaccine is beyond me, especially medical professionals.
It seems that it's the non-medical staff who are hesitant. Many admins just work from home. I can also imagine that some want to stick to working from home and getting vaccinated may prevent that.

U

User.45

Congratulations! It's liberating, isn't it? It's like Christmas for us at my house, we're shopping, making appointments, seeing other vaccinated friends, etc and it's almost a sense of normalcy. Just remember that if symptoms do develop they won't last long.
My current concern is India's huuuuge case count will give plenty of opportunity for the virus to mutate.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My current concern is India's huuuuge case count will give plenty of opportunity for the virus to mutate.
Hoping they'll be able to get them into a booster before it gets too out of hand. I know that our development team is in Pune and it's essentially shut down because most have it and/or are losing family members right now, it's really sad. One person said they believe it's in every household there.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, indeed it is!

U

User.45

Hoping they'll be able to get them into a booster before it gets too out of hand. I know that our development team is in Pune and it's essentially shut down because most have it and/or are losing family members right now, it's really sad. One person said they believe it's in every household there.
I have an Indian undergrad student who was sent home last year due to COVID. She used to help with research via Zoom on the regular basis, but disappeared for a month. She finally got back to me last week saying she got COVID that beat her up for a few weeks and now she's struggling to catch up with her coursework. Sucks.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I guess today was productive.

Ordered a new 2021 12.9 iPad Pro, & got my second shot.

Only downer. Woman asks if I got sick after the first shot. I say yes, the next day I was in bed all day. She says, "Oh yeah, you're going to be sick again."

👀

"Well, that's reassuring."

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Only downer. Woman asks if I got sick after the first shot. I say yes, the next day I was in bed all day. She says, "Oh yeah, you're going to be sick again."

👀

Hang in there, if it does happen it won't last too long and when it stops it's pretty immediate. I just kept thinking about the freedom afterwards, I would seriously do it again without question if I had to.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
24 hours and so far just a sore arm. Hopefully that's all. I've heard it didn't hit some people until after 24 hours.
Same with my wife, I think she felt a little worse than she let on but overall it was much milder than what I had. It's really a tossup but it you may be out of the woods. 🤞

U

User.45

👀

You're smart getting it on a Fri. Don't make plans for the weekend, have some Tylenol ready with your list of Movies and you'll be golden.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
You're smart getting it on a Fri. Don't make plans for the weekend, have some Tylenol ready with your list of Movies and you'll be golden.
114eb1bbf589b7de0f4d75fd486d0b81.gif

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Same with my wife, I think she felt a little worse than she let on but overall it was much milder than what I had. It's really a tossup but it you may be out of the woods. 🤞
Of course she didn’t have it as badly as you. Haven’t we already been through this? Men always get MUCH sicker.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
So we’re still at a point where selfish pussies can proudly proclaim they are scared of masks and vaccines but I’m wondering if there will be a point where we can definitively say we still can’t have nice things because of these assholes, like we would be fully reopened if it weren’t for them.

Top Bottom
1 2