Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
322186959_5333158816783686_6256475391923830286_n.jpg

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
no one showed up to interview trump at his party Sad crying tears. he is losing it and the rants and catsup are going to fly even more.

Trump Dodges Jan. 6 Question, Boasts Of Polls At Mar-A-Lago Party​

Most embarrassing for Trump was that he offered a “media availability” at Mar-a-Lago and not a single cable news outlet (including right-wing Newsmax) covered it, reported Raw Story.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Heard Trump tried to hold a press conference and all the major news media left, right, and center went “No thanks, bro”. 😂

Just saw that was mentioned above. Still 😂

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Fuck off with the consequential or historic win rhetoric. This is like if I spent every Friday night plowing down families with my car for a decade and then consequentially and historically only got a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt while doing so.

And the maximum penalty is a fucking joke here. Gee, I wonder who set that. Must have been the Mexicans illegally crossing the border.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

Fuck off with the consequential or historic win rhetoric. This is like if I spent every Friday night plowing down families with my car for a decade and then consequentially and historically only got a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt while doing so.

And the maximum penalty is a fucking joke here. Gee, I wonder who set that. Must have been the Mexicans illegally crossing the border.

The rich get a slap on the wrist for behavior that would have me behind bars for ages. I see nothing new or surprising here.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
We need capital punishment for corporations, with a really low bar for execution (of the business, not the operators).

Are you suggesting that when a corporation makes a $1 billion profit off a scam or illegal actions that a historic fine of $100 million isn’t enough punishment? That only leaves a profit of $900 million. That’s barely enough money to employ the people who have to come up with the next illegal scam. Those innovators aren’t cheap.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
It’s probably going to take at least 50 years to get there, but I’m sure history will look back on Trump as a tragic figure completely emblematic of the rot in US capitalism and aristocracy from the day he was born.

Maybe, but first and more immediately, the state of Georgia may finally nail Trump for some of his attempts at criminal levels of electoral mischief making. That special grand jury that Atlanta DA Fani Willis brought in certainly did manage to round up some high profile witnesses with its subpoenas. Some of those witnesses were able to corroborate some pretty compelling evidence.

The grand jury just wrapped up after almost two years of work, and has asked for its conclusions to be made public. If that grand jury decided to recommend prosecution of Donald Trump, and if Fani Willis decides to indict him, the world will be abuzz about the precedent being set, but the cold hard facts and evidence will be difficult for Trump to try to refute. Finally... maybe... some justice for the democracy he tried to kill off. And Trump himself is not the only target. Up to 18 others may be targeted as well.

In November, the day before Trump announced he was again running for the White House, the Brookings Institution in Washington published a report that concluded he is “at substantial risk of prosecution” in Georgia including for improperly influencing government officials, forgery and criminal solicitation. The report said Trump may even be vulnerable to charges under anti-racketeering laws written to combat the mafia.

Norman Eisen, the lead author of the Brookings report and former White House special counsel for ethics and government reform, said he thinks charges against Trump are “highly likely”.

“The evidence is powerful and the law is very favourable to the prosecutors in Georgia,” he said. “I believe the [special grand jury] report very likely calls for the prosecution of Trump and his co-conspirators.”

Georgia prosecutors have warned at least 18 other people that they are targets of the investigation and could be charged, including Trump’s close ally and lawyer, the former New York City mayor Rudolph Giuliani who has, among other things, been accused of spreading conspiracy theories in testimony to the Georgia legislature.

Willis launched her investigation into “a multistate, coordinated plan by the Trump campaign to influence the results” just weeks after the former president left office. The investigation initially focused on a tape recording of Trump pressuring Georgia’s secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, to conjure nearly 12,000 votes out of thin air in order to overturn Joe Biden’s win.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Maybe, but first and more immediately, the state of Georgia may finally nail Trump for some of his attempts at criminal levels of electoral mischief making. That special grand jury that Atlanta DA Fani Willis brought in certainly did manage to round up some high profile witnesses with its subpoenas. Some of those witnesses were able to corroborate some pretty compelling evidence.

The grand jury just wrapped up after almost two years of work, and has asked for its conclusions to be made public. If that grand jury decided to recommend prosecution of Donald Trump, and if Fani Willis decides to indict him, the world will be abuzz about the precedent being set, but the cold hard facts and evidence will be difficult for Trump to try to refute. Finally... maybe... some justice for the democracy he tried to kill off. And Trump himself is not the only target. Up to 18 others may be targeted as well.

I hope he is tried. The message needs to be sent that nobody is above the law. The up-and-coming mini-Trumps like DeSantis will be watching this closely. If The Donald gets away with this, they might use the same tactics. And instead of Trump’s slapdash operation run by a bunch of washed up losers, they might get some competent criminals working for them.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Trump probably popped champagne at the judgement. There are elderly people serving a decade in prison for embezzling funds from the elderly or employees, and maybe rightfully so, these grifters run a years-long (and probably decades-long) grifting scheme and get virtually nothing. The sentence is so light, both for jail time and penalties, it’s almost an exoneration.

I would not call Trump out if he came out and said this proves it was a witch hunt. It would be politically and personally beneficial to do so, and like I said, the sentences were so laughable I find even myself questioning if it wasn’t, even though I know that not to be true. It’s a shitty criminal justice system that favors and almost seems sympathetic to rich criminal assholes like Trump.

Top Bottom
1 2