Weather

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Indian Winter? ;)

Hah, I guess so! Well anyway after these couple days now of chilly nights, we're heading back to a forecast of yet more Indian Summer, with sunshine and daytime temps in the 50s but overcast nights so above freezing. No complaints...

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
It has gone from the upper 60s to mid 40s for the highs and low 30s for the lows this week. It's suddenly winter!

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hah, I guess so! Well anyway after these couple days now of chilly nights, we're heading back to a forecast of yet more Indian Summer, with sunshine and daytime temps in the 50s but overcast nights so above freezing. No complaints...

It has gone from the upper 60s to mid 40s for the highs and low 30s for the lows this week. It's suddenly winter!

Cold front came though Houston yesterday, woke up and it was 44F brrr. ;) Actually this is my favorite time of year in the hot South.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Cold front came though Houston yesterday, woke up and it was 44F brrr. ;) Actually this is my favorite time of year in the hot South.

We have a little warmer weather pushing through, after a slightly cooler spell, but there's a cold front behind the next few days of bad weather that's supposed to cool things down again.

Yeah, I love this time too, don't get me wrong, love the summer, but couldn't do that kind of weather much longer. This is when our humidity starts really dropping, cools down - and we have the Oct>Nov>Dec run with some fun holidays, work expectations dial back a bit, the city gets lit up, and I gain my winter fat layer :D

D

Deleted member 215

Hopefully we'll be seeing some more rain soon. We got more rain in October this year than in most Oct.-Dec. combined. Rainfall in San Francisco was 700% of normal. But we're going to need more if we want to get out of this drought. Right now it's sunny and dry and temperatures are in the mid-70s. So I'm looking forward to some cooler, wetter weather.

lizkat

Reaction score
Just a few days ago it was 67°. Now it’s 38° and snow is accumulating.

Here, too. The high-low range of daytime temps just took a big squeeze, next few days it's like 39-23...

Not in the mood for that. I was enjoying Indian Summer. Now I can't put off the rest of my winterizing chores.

Ugh. Grrr. Coffee cup to match my annoyance level. 😵

that time of year.png

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Yeah, but I don't have the energy for the heat today at all. I'm not achy like yesterday, but I've had to sit a lot today.

At least you can sit comfortably. I've got a space heater blazing just behind me, and my feet are STILL cold!

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's too hot in Southern California! What the heck! 4 days of 90F. It's November :(. News is saying La Niña will continue (meaning drought will continue - no rain).

May be one of the few but I'm happy when it rains - love fog/clouds.

lizkat

Reaction score
Finally figured out what "intermittent snow flurries" means... snow in half-hour bursts followed by 13-minute coffee breaks for the weather gods. Pretty soon the warmth of the grass is going to have dissipated enough for more of the stuff to start sticking.

Top Bottom
1 2