Weather

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Well, here's a completely bizarre & unexpected follow up

Apparently Wallace doesn’t just have a problem with Black men or Black men holding microphones; he also has a problem with not writing on shit, as documents show that the 54-year-old pleaded guilty to vandalism, inducing panic and attempted assault. And he was arrested in 2017 for “suspicion of drilling holes into tanks of dangerous chemicals” because that’s totally normal.

According to police, Wallace’s “drilling holes into the tanks of sodium cyanide, hydrochloric acid, yellow chromate, ferrous chloride, and sulfuric acid risked a potential environmental disaster,” WLBT reports.

Turns out that Wallace once owned Cleveland Plating, the place where he was caught drilling holes, and employees at the company told police that Wallace knew exactly what he was doing when he released the toxic chemicals. A security guard was taken to the hospital suffering from symptoms of cyanide poisoning.

Two months after this incident, Wallace was “charged with misdemeanor assault after he once again broke into Cleveland Plating with two other accomplices.”

Wallace allegedly yelled at a security guard, slammed a door into their knee and then punched them in the mouth, WLBT reports.

NBC News notes that it was unclear why Wallace was some 1,000 miles away from his home in Wooster, Ohio, during a major storm yelling at a newscaster while on probation.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Whatever is coming over the hills here right now in the way of weather isn't from Hurricane Nicholas, just aiming to show us what darkness at noon and thereafter looks like. Right now there are only minutes left to expiration of a severe t-storm warning but the really dark clouds and lack of any wind suggest the fun is yet to come. I'm tempted to go sit in the stairwell for awhile, away from windows, but I can't stop looking at the cloud cover. Meanwhile in the regional weather forecast the orange t'storm warnings have been floating around from point to point upstate here, like barrels in a rushing river, ever since lunchtime.

our turn in the orange barrel.jpg

Oh, and the turquoise "barrel" without any explanation in the labels: that came with local warnings for this:

"HAZARD...Ping pong ball size hail and 60 mph wind gusts."​
Like to think that stuff will expire trying to finish crossing the border from Pennsylvania!

lizkat

Reaction score
We get that warning all the time around here, yet it's rarely ever larger than a piece of crushed ice.

...it's disappointing to say the least.

Yeah all we got so far was one crack of lightning and a half-hearted roll of thunder following by torrential rain, which continues.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Yeah all we got so far was one crack of lightning and a half-hearted roll of thunder following by torrential rain, which continues.

That's the way it always goes, isn't it? Hell, we haven't had a good lightning storm in about forever down here. It's all just floods, floods, and more floods.

lizkat

Reaction score
That's the way it always goes, isn't it? Hell, we haven't had a good lightning storm in about forever down here. It's all just floods, floods, and more floods.

I worry about the fate of my one and only little rubber duck in case it needs to board an ark sometime, all by itself.

lizkat

Reaction score
Your rubber duck would probably have the time of its life if it got caught in a flood.

You, on the other hand, will need a boat.

There's probably one of those in my barn too, who knows. Haven't unearthed it yet, I'm still working on getting rid of assorted other things that came with the place and I tolerated because one or another bro or carpenter said yeah hang onto that we can probably use it sometime.

Just peeked into my cellar. Nothing's floating down there yet. Good sign.

Top Bottom
1 2